• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Satanists denied opening prayer for the third time in Boston.

Aštra’el

Aštara, Blade of Aštoreth
You're very correct! So, very, correct!
Bible: He who loves his child spares not the rod.
Satanism: hitting kids is prohibited and strongly frowned upon. This includes no spanking. We do not strike children.
Bible: the Israel Army took and kept sex slaves. Slavery is permitted.
Satanism: Do not violate the autonomy of another and absolutely no unwanted sexual advances.
Bible: women shall not usurp authority over a man. She is unclean when shes having her period or just gave birth.
Satanism: Women are not inherently unclean. Men and women are civil and social equals and women may have authority over men.
There are many more differences. And the trend follows. Our sense of morality and ethics tends to be better and more pro-social. We'd let the Christians have their opening prayer, so long as it's equally shared. We clearly see many Christians are not willing to extend a extend the same courtesy. Because we're different.

“We”? “Our”?

Wrangler

Ask And You Will Receive
Educate yourself about the establishment clause of the 1st Amendment of the U.S. Constitution, son. Abide by it or relocate.

I think I’ll stay and fight for religious freedom and against secular revisionist history and re-imagining what words mean.

The 1A only restricts the Congress of the compact between States. It doesn’t say anything about restricting cities from establishing religion. An inconvenient fact for the anti-religious freedom.

Audie

Veteran Member
yeah I have them; it's called the satanic temple.

We have an announcement about who is part of a hate group!

You hate me too?

I'm a awful Asian atheist. Wanna hang me from
a lamppost or just simmer with hate?

ETA. It is not funny. Another hater did tell me he
wanted to kill me for being atheist

Last edited:

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I think I’ll stay and fight for religious freedom and against secular revisionist history and re-imagining what words mean.

The 1A only restricts the Congress of the compact between States. It doesn’t say anything about restricting cities from establishing religion. An inconvenient fact for the anti-religious freedom.

How can you claim to be fighting for religious freedom while opposing the satanists' religious freedom? Because you desire to oppress and persecute, you're actually against religious freedom.

epronovost

More info for those curious: The Satanic Temple - Wikipedia

well following the informations provided in this wikipedia page. I can answer @Wrangler question on "what society follows the principles of satanism". It seems pretty much every single western democracy is built upon its precept of benevolence to others, liberal government, opposition to corporal punishment of children and defend science based medecine and education. Many societies can arise and function according to the 7 tenets of the Satanic Temple.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber

No.

These are not homogenous groups of identically minded people who each subscribe to the points you mentioned.

There is no “we”.
Largely as a group, you don't find much variation on these in the LHP. Of course it's not homogeneous as a group, and there are varying differences, but widely, generally, and mostly child abuse is wrong, slavery is wrong, rape and sexual harassment are wrong.

74x12

well following the informations provided in this wikipedia page. I can answer @Wrangler question on "what society follows the principles of satanism". It seems pretty much every single western democracy is built upon its precept of benevolence to others, liberal government, opposition to corporal punishment of children and defend science based medecine and education. Many societies can arise and function according to the 7 tenets of the Satanic Temple.
I suppose they save puppies and like long walks on the beach as well ... :rolleyes:

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
The content of a religion might be juridically relevant (and constitutionally relevant), at least in my country.
The law requires that a religion must have a minimum of ethical pillars, like pursuing the common good and spiritual values.

That said, I don't know the content of this religion, but it surely is juridically relevant.
If we are speaking of CoS, or ToS it deals with doctrines which are similar to deism or rationalism, so they are surely to be protected under the freedom of religion.

Last edited: