• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Satanists denied opening prayer for the third time in Boston.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Not at all. You know the expression, "When in Rome, do as the Romans do" does not mean do the opposite of the Romans in Rome.

America's Christian culture is under assault. A main avenue of attack is what I call THE PERVERSION OF EQUALITY. Satanism is as opposed to Christian principles as you can get. The very EXACT opposite of liberty is embracing Satanism. Name one society based on the principles of Satanism in all of human history.

know the truth, and the truth will set free you.
John 8:32

You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.
John 8:44

For the Lord is the Spirit, and wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
2 Corinthians 3:17

If you want the US to be a Christian country, then that's your position. I don't agree with it, but I can understand it.
It's confusing to me when people argue for 'religious liberty', but also Christian primacy. Those positions don't sit comfortably.

Wrangler

Ask And You Will Receive
Tell us how the tenets of the ToS (the group behind the lawnsuits) conflict with freedom.

The community has EVERY RIGHT to establish community standards.

Honestly, I am surprised a place like Boston, Leftist utopia, would not concede for all the arguments you make.

Wrangler

Ask And You Will Receive
It's confusing to me when people argue for 'religious liberty', but also Christian primacy. Those positions don't sit comfortably.

Given religious freedom, it stands to reason that the worlds largest religion would reign supreme somewhere.

It is clear to me that people on this forum have accepted the reduction of religious liberty to merely be freedom of worship. Look into it.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
The community has EVERY RIGHT to establish community standards.

Honestly, I am surprised a place like Boston, Leftist utopia, would not concede for all the arguments you make.

Educate yourself about the establishment clause of the 1st Amendment of the U.S. Constitution, son. Abide by it or relocate.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Given religious freedom, it stands to reason that the worlds largest religion would reign supreme somewhere.

It is clear to me that people on this forum have accepted the reduction of religious liberty to merely be freedom of worship. Look into it.
You're contradicting yourself. What an incoherent mess.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
If you want the US to be a Christian country, then that's your position. I don't agree with it, but I can understand it.
They're completely incompatible.
It takes some wacky cognitive dissonance to claim you support liberty while also desiring to deny it.

Audie

Veteran Member
Satanic Temple Sues Boston Over Opening Prayer Policy

I'd rather see no prayer in government institutions, but am not against traditional practices.

I do side with the Satanists that it is religious discrimination solely on the basis they are not aligned with Abrahamic doctrines.

Otherwise I think the policy should end.

Should they be allowed opening prayer?

I think so.

Depends how many of them there are.

Must be a lot of bigger cults ahead of them in line.

Audie

Veteran Member
Not at all. You know the expression, "When in Rome, do as the Romans do" does not mean do the opposite of the Romans in Rome.

America's Christian culture is under assault. A main avenue of attack is what I call THE PERVERSION OF EQUALITY. Satanism is as opposed to Christian principles as you can get. The very EXACT opposite of liberty is embracing Satanism. Name one society based on the principles of Satanism in all of human history.

know the truth, and the truth will set free you.
John 8:32

You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.
John 8:44

For the Lord is the Spirit, and wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
2 Corinthians 3:17

That got a vote for the silly satsnists

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Ideally other countries don't change their core traditions because a minority sees otherwise.
The American tradition is E pluribus unum. Regardless of race, religion, ethnicity, gender, sex, military status, creed, age, or whatever; all are created equal and endowed with certain unalienable rights. And there is nothing more American fixing the legal wrongs and woes that fail to live up to our most treasured rights, and a constitutional that isn't perfect but it is open for changes to accommodate changing times and changing values.
It also retains the hegemony of Christian norms and values, which is why we have abstinence only "sex ed" and young earth creationism in science classes, legislation that discriminates against women and LGBT, and many heinous abuses that go excuses because America has also traditionally heavily favored Christians over everyone else and is willing to pardon abuses so long as the abuses are committed in grounds of sincerely held religious beliefs (this includes dead kids who could have been easily cured by a doctor).

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

Hah! That's an interesting take. It's somewhat akin to belief that democratic principles would result in the majority being able to rule the minority unfettered. Whilst there is some practical truth to that, the very point of the constitution is to guard against such an outcome to the level at which it would become detrimental to the whole.

Again...a position of Christian primacy can be held. A position of religious liberty and freedom can be held. But the 2 don't make comfortable bedfellows. Christian liberty and freedom would be hard enough to practically empower, given the diversity of thought beneath the Christian umbrella, but most people proposing that have a means of determining 'true' Christians, I suspect.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
You're very correct! So, very, correct!
Bible: He who loves his child spares not the rod.
Satanism: hitting kids is prohibited and strongly frowned upon. This includes no spanking. We do not strike children.
Bible: the Israel Army took and kept sex slaves. Slavery is permitted.
Satanism: Do not violate the autonomy of another and absolutely no unwanted sexual advances.
Bible: women shall not usurp authority over a man. She is unclean when shes having her period or just gave birth.
Satanism: Women are not inherently unclean. Men and women are civil and social equals and women may have authority over men.
There are many more differences. And the trend follows. Our sense of morality and ethics tends to be better and more pro-social. We'd let the Christians have their opening prayer, so long as it's equally shared. We clearly see many Christians are not willing to extend a extend the same courtesy. Because we're different.

Audie

Veteran Member
Hah! That's an interesting take. It's somewhat akin to belief that democratic principles would result in the majority being able to rule the minority unfettered. Whilst there is some practical truth to that, the very point of the constitution is to guard against such an outcome to the level at which it would become detrimental to the whole.

Again...a position of Christian primacy can be held. A position of religious liberty and freedom can be held. But the 2 don't make comfortable bedfellows. Christian liberty and freedom would be hard enough to practically empower, given the diversity of thought beneath the Christian umbrella, but most people proposing that have a means of determining 'true' Christians, I suspect.
they all know who the true Christians are.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
So "tradition" makes preferential treatment and discrimination okay, even bypassing the establishment clause of The 1st Amendment of The U.S. Constitution? Nah, that's ignorant, kid.

I didn't say that. I said "I'd say no because it's tradition and it doesn't harm anyone nor discriminates against anyone."

What you're doing is making conclusions on what you "think" I said without asking me to clarify (since I don't believe in discriminations) or state your conclusions in a proper way to where I can clarify it if you interpreted my reply incorrectly.

Since this wasn't the case, it sounds like sarcasm (that's ignorant kid) and it's a poor way to make a point whether you agree with me or not.

wandering peacefully

Which way to the woods?
It is so blatantly obvious the hypocrisy when it comes to 'religious freedom' in this country.

There is a giant, tax free, Jesus camp several doors down from where I reside. 1.5 miles of lakeside property and 200 acres of woodland. I want to turn my camp into a 'Buddhist' retreat. Not because I am a Buddhist but because if they can call themselves Christians and get tax free land, I shouls be able to call myself a Buddhist and get the same special treatment.

There really shouldn't be any special prayers or special tax breaks for any "religious" organization or affiliation.

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
Keen to know we have someone here with
The Truth! Where did you find it?

Probably the same place we all do... In one's "Confirmation Bias." I hear if you reach in there, you can pull out anything to support one's argument. No tested evidence needed! Just be sure that you pull your head outa there first. A lot of people don't, and it just gets messy...

Audie

Veteran Member
Probably the same place we all do... In one's "Confirmation Bias." I hear if you reach in there, you can pull out anything to support one's argument. No tested evidence needed! Just be sure that you pull your head outa there first. A lot of people don't, and it just gets messy...

Maybe not "all". Not all are on a Quest.

74x12

Satanic Temple Sues Boston Over Opening Prayer Policy

I'd rather see no prayer in government institutions, but am not against traditional practices.

I do side with the Satanists that it is religious discrimination solely on the basis they are not aligned with Abrahamic doctrines.

Otherwise I think the policy should end.

Should they be allowed opening prayer?

I think so.
They name themselves satanic temple because they hate Christianity. So I consider them a hate group. It's just designed to be offensive. Will they let the KKK or Black Panthers pray?