• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Satanist leads prayer at city council meeting

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
You haven't demonstrated that right and wrong can mean anything if they're subjective.
You have yet to address my point or my question. Why is that?

Your view of morality is just as subjective as anyone else's. I've pointed that out at least twice now, and you've ignored it twice. Instead of thinking about it, you just keep coming back with one liners that don't address anything.

Oh, and by the way, I've already discussed how to tell the difference between right and wrong with you before.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
You have yet to address my point or my question. Why is that?

Your view of morality is just as subjective as anyone else's. I've pointed that out at least twice now, and you've ignored it twice. Instead of thinking about it, you just keep coming back with one liners that don't address anything.

Oh, and by the way, I've already discussed how to tell the difference between right and wrong with you before.
No, my view on morality is based on an unmovable force, that never changes.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
Because I'm not superstitious. ;-)
Have you not experienced the negative consequences of taking harmful actions? I believe that is pretty much universal in The human experience.
And it seems to me that there is no reason for evolution to create in our mind and spirits the seeds of self destruction. That seems to come from something outside of us, and that's something is called the satan in the Christian tradition.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Yahweh Jehovah, Yeshua Jesus, and the Holy Spirit, three in One.
I've observed that over the last couple millenia,
he's changed a great deal, eg, no more slavery.
And his faithful can't even agree on many basic
things, eg, abortion, gay marriage. So this fails
at "morality is based on an unmovable force,
that never changes"

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
I've observed that over the last couple millenia,
he's changed a great deal, eg, no more slavery.
And his faithful can't even agree on many basic
things, eg, abortion, gay marriage. So this fails
at "morality is based on an unmovable force,
that never changes"
No, God hasn't changed. How he deals with sin has changed. This is because more of God's mercy has been revealed in the person of Christ.
Using the gay marriage example, God generally doesn't smite people for the sin of sodomy anymore. That doesn't mean it's not just as much of a sin as ever.
Thou shalt not kill still applies, but killing doesn't always mean you will be killed in return. God is free to change his methods, but not his nature. He's still perfectly righteous.

danieldemol

Premium Member
Why would you listen to the being whose job is to deceive destroy you?
Well when the Nazis where intent on destroying the west we listened closely, even had espionage programs etc.

Knowing one's enemy is part of the art of war.

But certain Christians have made the rookie mistake of burying their head in the sand and not even listening to their enemy, they are fighting against an unknown foe.

In my opinion.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
No, God hasn't changed. How he deals with sin has changed. This is because more of God's mercy has been revealed in the person of Christ.
Using the gay marriage example, God generally doesn't smite people for the sin of sodomy anymore. That doesn't mean it's not just as much of a sin as ever.
Thou shalt not kill still applies, but killing doesn't always mean you will be killed in return. God is free to change his methods, but not his nature. He's still perfectly righteous.
Just look at the changes in the last 500 years.
Nothing constant there.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
Well when the Nazis where intent on destroying the west we listened closely, even had espionage programs etc.

Knowing one's enemy is part of the art of war.

But certain Christians have made the rookie mistake of burying their head in the sand and not even listening to their enemy, they are fighting against an unknown foe.

In my opinion.
I think you are misunderstanding what I mean by listening. Yes, we need to know who the enemy is... We do not need to listen to anything he tells us to do.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Change in man's perception of God or change in how God deals with man? Both happened. God himself didn't change.
From my perspective, God did change because he's mythical.
But from the faithful person's perspective, one should look at
their own history of beliefs. & recognize that understanding God,
Christianity, prescriptions, & proscriptions cannot be done reliably
from the Bible...or any source.