• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Satanism vs Goddinsm

Segev Moran

Hi All,

Forgive my subject.. couldn't think of a better way to put it...

So my question is how a religious person takes on the Satanism issue...

I'd assume one who believes GOD exists also believes the Devil exists...

I am not asking of course about the acts connected to Satanism.. that is under no circumstance a valid way of life from my pov...

But i am wondering whether the idea of worshiping Satan is valid...

It does follow the 10 commandments... and eventually... there is now commandment against convincing someone to do bad... (I think :()...
And Satan is accused of being manipulative but I don't think i was ever taught that Satan actually did anything (Actually made the action itself)...

Would love to hear your take on the issue
Regards

Sutekh

Priest of Odin
Premium Member
Hi All,

I am not asking of course about the acts connected to Satanism.. that is under no circumstance a valid way of life from my pov...

It does follow the 10 commandments... and eventually... there is now commandment against convincing someone to do bad... (I think :()...
And Satan is accused of being manipulative but I don't think i was ever taught that Satan actually did anything (Actually made the action itself)...

Regards

I personally do not understand of what your post means on Satanism, for one thing Satanism isn't necessarily "devil worship." Yes, their might be probably some Satanists that may have a different point of view, but the worshiping of Satan is rather invalid in my own opinion. Have you personally studied and read Satanism, have you read other books based on Satanism or the LHP in general?

Sutekh

Priest of Odin
Premium Member

A religious person be it mainstream such as Christianity would not understand Satanism. They may ignorantly misjudge it, either way it depends really. Satanism is not exactly mainstream, it is a path that has been attacked and misrepresented for a very long time starting during the satanic panic.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
Wrong assumption. I see old-fashion religious concepts like the Devil falling away.

Regards
Make zero sense to me.

Demonslayer

I see old-fashion religious concepts like the Devil falling away.

If the concept of the Devil is old-fashioned, how is the concept of God not old-fashioned? To me any undetectable cosmic entity is just as unlikely.

I agree with the idea that in modern times concepts like an UberEvilMan are old-fashioned and should likely be discarded...I just feel the same is true about UberGoodMan.

George-ananda

Premium Member
If the concept of the Devil is old-fashioned, how is the concept of God not old-fashioned? To me any undetectable cosmic entity is just as unlikely.

I agree with the idea that in modern times concepts like an UberEvilMan are old-fashioned and should likely be discarded...I just feel the same is true about UberGoodMan.
I think the anthropomorphic God concept of the Old Testament is getting old-fashioned too. And this is from where the Devil concept also sprung in Christian countries. But however, the word 'God' has stayed with us to mean a variety of more complex views and concepts.

Demonslayer

I think the anthropomorphic God concept of the Old Testament is getting old-fashioned too.
\

Seems this way. We used to need the Thunder and Lightning type gods to explain stuff like thunder and lightning. We need fewer of these base explanations these days.

But however, the word 'God' has stayed with us to mean a variety of more complex views and concepts.

True, but I wish people would start using other words. I prefer when Pantheists, for example, use the word nature. I mean it's not my call of course but I feel the word God will always call back the idea of the classic deity.

George-ananda

Premium Member
True, but I wish people would start using other words.
I agree, but If I say 'Advaita' maybe 1 in 100 would really understand.
I prefer when Pantheists, for example, use the word nature. I mean it's not my call of course but I feel the word God will always call back the idea of the classic deity.
Even 'Pantheism' gets tricky. There's a type of pantheism that Richard Dawkins calls sexed-up atheism. And I am in rare agreement with him on that point. However, Advaita is also pantheistic but is very different than the nature=pantheism as it presumes everything starts from Consciousness/Brahman/God and nature is a derivative of God/Brahman. Perhaps we need to describe our beliefs by more than vague labels.

Subhankar Zac

Hare Krishna,Hare Krishna,
Everything is God... Hence Satan, demons, sages, animals, humans, insects, adityas, Yakshas, evil spirits, Rudras, Vasus, Ashwinikumaras, etc are all Collectively God.

rusra02

Premium Member
Hi All,

Regards
The Bible unmasks Satan as a wicked rebel spirit who arrogantly defies the true God, and 'misleads the entire inhabited earth'. (Revelation 12:9) Jesus Christ called Satan "a murderer when he began, and he did not stand fast in the truth, because truth is not in him. When he speaks the lie, he speaks according to his own disposition, because he is a liar and the father of the lie." (John 8:44) Satan is largely responsible for the evil and bloodshed that fill the earth today, IMO, but will soon be removed and eventually be destroyed.