• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Satanism as it relates Peter as an Adversary

Balthazzar

Christian Evolutionist
Satan, by definition means adversary and/or enemy. I'm unfamiliar with the inner circle teachings of satanists, so I'm curious how Satanist view Peter from the Bible. He's the guy who cut off the priest's servants' ear, and the guy who Jesus called Satan for being unwilling to accept Jesus being apprehended and killed by the authorities. I myself would view him, as a Christian, to be more of a bodyguard type and adversary to those out to destroy his friend, in this case "Jesus".

How does this view jibe with satanism and would rebellious types against Christian literature be sympathetic towards Peter, given the apparent rebuke of Peter by Jesus?

Viker

Häxan
Satan was used at that time as a way of calling Peter obstinate and/or hot tempered.

Satan does mean adversary or enemy as well. Most Satanists don't concern themselves with Peter. It is ironic that many use an inverted cross as Peter was supposedly crucified upsidedown. That cross was an early Christian symbol.

Balthazzar

Christian Evolutionist
Satan was used at that time as a way of calling Peter obstinate and/or hot tempered.

Satan does mean adversary or enemy as well. Most Satanists don't concern themselves with Peter. It is ironic that many use an inverted cross as Peter was supposedly crucified upsidedown. That cross was an early Christian symbol.

It's funny, but I'm finding myself drawn to Peters archetype ... I wouldn't use the term obstinate, although he may have been viewed as such by some. Truth is, Peter cared about Jesus, but perhaps didn't have the foresight or maybe the depth of understanding Jesus had. I mean, they pissed off a lot of people in positions of authority and Peter was like "No ... surely not you". It may have been Jesus' way of telling Peter to get his head out of the clouds and wake up, which he did when they came to apprehend Jesus, but not until after he cut off the guys ear and went into hiding. The authorities weren't about to end it with Jesus. They were gunning for his entire crew.