• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Satanic Temple After School Clubs

lovesong

:D
Premium Member
I just wish they pretended to be anything but satanists. Besides that, they've certainly done well so far.
I feel ya there. As much as I love everything they're doing in regards to separating church and state and bringing reasoning and free thought into the public eye, I can only back them so much because of how they taint the waters of Satanism.

VioletVortex

The Satanic Temple exploits the name of Satanism. They call themselves Satanists to gain publicity, but they are simply a group of political activists. I think the term "Satanic" could be applied to the philosophy held by the group, but I don't think it's the most apt description.

I don't know that much about their political philosophy, but I'd probably agree with it given that it is supposedly Satanic in nature.

Sutekh

Priest of Odin
Premium Member
https://www.rt.com/usa/354146-satanic-temple-after-school/

This is going to be interesting. I have my doubts that it will even become a thing.

I disagree, I primarily do not like TST of what they are doing. Some of you folks might like that they are doing something good by creating a change amongst society. Such as trying to add the baphomet statue, selling satanic coloring books, etc. But I disagree on their approach. Iv'e heard that TST believes in a separation of church and state. In my opinion I would not consider it a separation of church and state of what they are doing by making Satanism a cause. I believe that religion should be kept to oneself and not go in public. Many of you may perhaps try to argue or disagree of what I am saying, but in my opinion I would not consider them to be "Satanists," I would perhaps regard the organization as an attention seeking group that enjoys getting their publicity among the media.

Sutekh

Priest of Odin
Premium Member
The Satanic Temple exploits the name of Satanism. They call themselves Satanists to gain publicity, but they are simply a group of political activists. I think the term "Satanic" could be applied to the philosophy held by the group, but I don't think it's the most apt description.

I don't know that much about their political philosophy, but I'd probably agree with it given that it is supposedly Satanic in nature.

I would not view them to be "satanic in nature," I may perhaps agree with them on their views of abortion. But to the whole of the organization I would regard them as non important. A while back I watched a video by Brian Werner who previously left the temple.

Sutekh

Priest of Odin
Premium Member
Iv'e noticed that many Satanists may have this self realization and perception of certain things. Such as disagreeing and questioning certain things be it their past upbringings including perhaps Christianity in general and why they are against it etc. But at times I view parts of self realization and perception to the Satanist in a good way and in a bad way. Iv'e noticed that some Satanists may perhaps try and debate of their grips among the right hand path including perhaps Christianity in general, and Iv'e noticed that some Satanists may perhaps not focus their entire grips and hate among the right hand path other then different views and disagreements. The Satanic Temple in my own opinion is perhaps a reaction to religion in general, the ones that try to force it down your throat. I believe that the reason why TST is doing their things such as their satanic invocation to the city council or having a Satan kids club is nothing more but a reaction of perhaps Protestantism or those evangelicals that may perhaps spread their own religion in public by shoving it down the persons throat. While I was reading through the invention of Satanism, Iv'e noticed that some Satanists may perhaps have a self realization that is perhaps bitter in a bad way, on certain upbringings or their disgust on Christianity in general. It is perhaps normal for that typical reaction when one is perhaps disgusted or questions certain things, however I would not perhaps focus my entire hate on something during the past. I would perhaps move on, but still carry the Black Flame of that self realization in general. Iv'e met many intelligent people here on which I truly love and admire, I admire 1137, Adramelek, Onyx, EtuMalku, lovesong, etc. But the Satanic Temple is the organization that I may perhaps have my grips on, a while back I held the Church of Satan's ideals and philosophy in general, on which I still perhaps hold today. I disagreed with the Satanic Temple from the very beginning on their rejection of "LaVeyan Satanism" in particular.

Last edited:

Flame

Beware
I disagree, I primarily do not like TST of what they are doing. Some of you folks might like that they are doing something good by creating a change amongst society. Such as trying to add the baphomet statue, selling satanic coloring books, etc. But I disagree on their approach. Iv'e heard that TST believes in a separation of church and state. In my opinion I would not consider it a separation of church and state of what they are doing by making Satanism a cause. I believe that religion should be kept to oneself and not go in public. Many of you may perhaps try to argue or disagree of what I am saying, but in my opinion I would not consider them to be "Satanists," I would perhaps regard the organization as an attention seeking group that enjoys getting their publicity among the media.

I agree and I do believe it to be the same group (or at least affiliated) that attempted to put up the statue of Baphomet and that did a public Black Mass around the same time.

Kapalika

Premium Member
From what I've read, the leadership at least seems to sincerely be Satanists. Their views on Satan however are not something you hear about in the press, but a lot of them had similar views which part of why the organization was founded. It might actually help some of you to read on that without jumping to conclusions to their sincerity.

Hell, they even talk about Satan as a rebel against tyranny and nonsensical tradition on their site somewhere I think. I don't see how that view is any less Promethean than the usual crap which looses the point and makes it a totally personal thing, actually it makes them more so Satanic. Prometheus gave fire to all of mankind, he didn't seek it for himself. Likewise Lucifer/Satan/whatever didn't eat the fruit of knowledge of good and evil for himself, he gave it to mankind. To be Satanic is to give to mankind revelation that will better it and broaden it's wisdom and understanding.

Their take is no less valid than any other form of modern/atheistic satanism. Honestly I think they are MORE Satanic than most groups by actually acting on those Promethean principles and being agitators against tyrants much in the way that one might interpret the serpent in the garden of Eden to have done so. I can't think of any other Satanic organization that has actually acted on this.

As far as press, of course they love it. Truth is, most Satanic groups are probably jealous of a lot of it. But you see, the TST isn't satisfied by just talking about ideas. They are putting it into action. And that to me speaks more volume to their sincerity when they speak about Satan as their symbol. It's right there on their site last I checked. Again no less valid than any other form of modern Satanism, given it's basically no different in terms of religious aspects.

Last edited:

Sutekh

Priest of Odin
Premium Member
Still, whether some people may consider them to be a "satanic organization," they strike me more as a political group instead of being like the rest of many satanists organizations. I still would view the organization as non important. On a personal level I view their approach as not a good approach. They seem to be rather militant.

Last edited:

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
I'll start off by stating 'I do not condone the use of children' in anything religious / spiritual. I do not like TST's use of children in their actions.
Exactly how 'Satanic' TST is inside, I have no idea since I am not a member.
However, I do condone their 'fight fire with fire' mind-set as it is a strategy close to my heart as well.

Sutekh

Priest of Odin
Premium Member
Honestly I think they are MORE Satanic than most groups by actually acting on those Promethean principles and being agitators against tyrants much in the way that one might interpret the serpent in the garden of Eden to have done so.

They may seem to be mashed into the mentality of the Left Hand Path, but on a personal level I have heard that many of them have never studied LaVey nor read his books or his Satanic Bible. I am sure a few members have read the Satanic Bible and studied LaVey, but I bet that on the whole they have no clue of LaVeys Satanism. Iv'e heard that Damien Baa'l has been landing into hot waters lately of his book the Satanic Narratives.:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Sutekh

Priest of Odin
Premium Member
I'll start off by stating 'I do not condone the use of children' in anything religious / spiritual. I do not like TST's use of children in their actions.

I fully agree with you here, it tends to **** me off when I would hear of what they are doing such as selling satanic coloring books in general or starting a satan's club in school.:rage::rage:

Sutekh

Priest of Odin
Premium Member
To be honest how do atheists pray and teach kids about Satanism?

For one thing the Satanic Temple is perhaps an atheistic satanist activist group whatever you prefer calling them, the satanic temple would use their Satanism for political reasons. In my own opinion I merely think that the Satanic Temple is a reaction to certain religions that would shove their beliefs down the throat of the person. Some people may say that the Satanic temple are composed of atheists who would use Satanism, I may perhaps agree with that.

Kapalika

Premium Member
TST said it believes religion should be kept out of schools but that it must fight to “ensure that plurality and true religious liberty are respected.”

Speaking to The Salt Lake Tribune, Mat Staver, from policy organization the Liberty Counsel, said TST’s planned clubs are protected by the first amendment. Staver said he believes the clubs, which will require permission slips signed by the child's parent/guardian, will be poorly attended and fade away.

It doesn't sound they are forcing anyone to do anything, just giving an alternative. They may not agree with it ideally, but since the courts said it was okay for Christian churches too it's the second best option to at least give some other option.

They may seem to be mashed into the mentality of the Left Hand Path, but on a personal level I have heard that many of them have never studied LaVey nor read his books or his Satanic Bible. I am sure a few members have read the Satanic Bible and studied LaVey, but I bet that on the whole they have no clue of LaVeys Satanism. Iv'e heard that Damien Baa'l has been landing into hot waters lately of his book the Satanic Narratives.:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Well it's not like LaVey really defines Satanism so why would it matter? They address in their FAQ I think what influences their beliefs of Satan which are way different than LaVeyan Satanism, and even address their contrasts to the Church of Satan. So surely enough in their membership have.

To be honest how do atheists pray and teach kids about Satanism?

I don't know if us atheistic Satanists pray in the typical sense. But most people into this kind of thing tend not to pray. Or at least do it really elaborately.

The elaborate way is the more fun way.

I think the TST is dumb.

So insightful.