• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Satanic Prayer.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I'd like to hear about the experiences and techniques of others when it comes to communicating or communing with the Dark Lord. What seems to work for you? What is "prayer" for you? Or do you have any concept of prayer at all? Is it similar to how Christians pray, in terms of praise and making requests or is it something else entirely? It would be awesome of some examples of Satanic prayers were posted. :) Also, I'd like to hear about meditation techniques.

I'm asking because I'm relatively new to Theistic Satanism and I do feel the need to have a form of prayer in my life, because I find it highly beneficial in terms of being reassuring and calming. I'm just trying to figure out which way to go about it in terms of a way that seems "correct" to Satan's attributes. I'm an ex-Catholic so that is obviously the framework of prayer that I am most familiar with. But I am interested in moving beyond all of that.

Anyway, just curious about the experience of others. :)

Erebus

Typically I'll turn off the lights and light a candle and some incense. Stare into the candle flame repeating the enn of whichever Demon you want to contact and either focus your mind solely on the enn or on the Demon itself. When you feel the presence of the Demon, you can talk with them about whatever's on your mind.
It's difficult to say for certain how a Demon will let you know it's listening. Sometimes it will be purely a "gut instinct". Other times you may see or hear the Demon. For example on one occasion when I prayed to Set, his presence was accompanied by the laughter of hyenas (thus I tend to think of the Set animal as a hyena now).

Here are a couple of enns taken from S. Connolly's The Demonolater's guide to Daemonic Magick. I thoroughly recommend her books to all Theistic Satanists and Demonolaters.

Satan: Tasa reme laris Satan - Ave Satanis
Lucifer: Renich tasa uberaca biasa icar Lucifer
Leviathan: Jaden tasa hoet naca Leviathan
Flereous: Ganic tasa fubin Flereous
Belial: Lirach tasa vefa wehlc Belial

That covers Satan and the four elementals which should be enough for most generic rituals and prayers.

Best of luck :)

Infinitum

Possessed Bookworm
Strictly speaking I'm not a theist (nor a Satanist), but when I need a sense of connection I either meditate or call upon a few demons. When I need a sense of trancendence or connection I turn to darkness in either the spiritual or natural sense, just taking a walk at night or meditating to let my self "melt into the Dark" for a short while. It's my way to find peace when I need it.

I don't exactly pray to demons, but if I need something or want to talk to someone I call them to me and share whatever I have on my mind. Usually I don't really need any words, just sending out feelings is enough. Usually I don't make requests to them, but might ask them to support me in whatever I intend to do.

I hope you find your own thing. :)

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Typically I'll turn off the lights and light a candle and some incense. Stare into the candle flame repeating the enn of whichever Demon you want to contact and either focus your mind solely on the enn or on the Demon itself. When you feel the presence of the Demon, you can talk with them about whatever's on your mind.
It's difficult to say for certain how a Demon will let you know it's listening. Sometimes it will be purely a "gut instinct". Other times you may see or hear the Demon. For example on one occasion when I prayed to Set, his presence was accompanied by the laughter of hyenas (thus I tend to think of the Set animal as a hyena now).

Here are a couple of enns taken from S. Connolly's The Demonolater's guide to Daemonic Magick. I thoroughly recommend her books to all Theistic Satanists and Demonolaters.

Satan: Tasa reme laris Satan - Ave Satanis
Lucifer: Renich tasa uberaca biasa icar Lucifer
Leviathan: Jaden tasa hoet naca Leviathan
Flereous: Ganic tasa fubin Flereous
Belial: Lirach tasa vefa wehlc Belial

That covers Satan and the four elementals which should be enough for most generic rituals and prayers.

Best of luck :)

Thanks for sharing. :) It does remind me that I need to get more candles and incense. Lol.

The Enns are Goetic, correct? I will look into that book, thank you. :)

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Strictly speaking I'm not a theist (nor a Satanist), but when I need a sense of connection I either meditate or call upon a few demons. When I need a sense of trancendence or connection I turn to darkness in either the spiritual or natural sense, just taking a walk at night or meditating to let my self "melt into the Dark" for a short while. It's my way to find peace when I need it.

I don't exactly pray to demons, but if I need something or want to talk to someone I call them to me and share whatever I have on my mind. Usually I don't really need any words, just sending out feelings is enough. Usually I don't make requests to them, but might ask them to support me in whatever I intend to do.

I hope you find your own thing. :)

Turning to the Darkness in Nature is definitely a good idea. I miss my nighttime walks, while listening to Wolves in the Throne Room. It's definitely a transcendent experience.

I just try to keep Satan on my mind. Mere thought can be a form of prayer. I do ask for strength and help with certain things. So it seems that me and you have a similar way of looking at prayer and meditation.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Thanks for sharing. :) It does remind me that I need to get more candles and incense. Lol.

I've been working through the Demonolatry books of hers and I've haven't really found any 'proof of authenticity' of the enns; if they aesthetically work for you use it. But, I will go as far as to say in a theistic sense all of the practices are accurate many of the strange demon names are from _Grimoirium Verum_ so if you are and avid occult reader I suggest you get that too just to have more understanding of what you are dealing with. :) I personally own _The Complete Book of Demonolatry_, _The Daemonolater's Guide to Daemonic Magick_ (this is one of the most comprehensive books I've seen..), and _Daemonolatry Goetia_ by the same other and other than the quality of the binding they are all very good books (they are printed off lulu or createspace -- but honestly... we never get to mainstream presses anyway haha). Make sure you get the latest copies of these and not the earlier works by the author -- they have a lot of editorial errors. She and her co-writers use the respectful invocation styles that we'd prefer and not the abrasive types that ceremonial magicians would use. In a real sense a theistic Satanist/Demonolater really only needs these these three books you do not have to buy anything else! :) She writes several other books that are more specialized, but the basics are all here and are the closest thing we really have to a _The Satanic Bible_. Needless to say I am a big fan..

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I've been working through the Demonolatry books of hers and I've haven't really found any 'proof of authenticity' of the enns; if they aesthetically work for you use it. But, I will go as far as to say in a theistic sense all of the practices are accurate many of the strange demon names are from _Grimoirium Verum_ so if you are and avid occult reader I suggest you get that too just to have more understanding of what you are dealing with. :) I personally own _The Complete Book of Demonolatry_, _The Daemonolater's Guide to Daemonic Magick_ (this is one of the most comprehensive books I've seen..), and _Daemonolatry Goetia_ by the same other and other than the quality of the binding they are all very good books (they are printed off lulu or createspace -- but honestly... we never get to mainstream presses anyway haha). Make sure you get the latest copies of these and not the earlier works by the author -- they have a lot of editorial errors. She and her co-writers use the respectful invocation styles that we'd prefer and not the abrasive types that ceremonial magicians would use. In a real sense a theistic Satanist/Demonolater really only needs these these three books you do not have to buy anything else! :) She writes several other books that are more specialized, but the basics are all here and are the closest thing we really have to a _The Satanic Bible_. Needless to say I am a big fan..

Thanks a lot for the tips! :)

Erebus

No problem :)

As Mindmaster said:

I've been working through the Demonolatry books of hers and I've haven't really found any 'proof of authenticity' of the enns; if they aesthetically work for you use it.

From what I understand the enns and some of the sigils used in Connolly's books come from personal revelation from various Demonolaters. As such I find they're best used as a mantra rather than literal translations of a demonic language (indeed there are only a few examples of what might be the English meanings of the words). It's also worth pointing out that occasionally daemons may present you with a snippet of an enn or sigil not covered in the books.

Many of the Daemons listed are Goetic, but this doesn't mean the principles covered in Connolly's books can't be applied to other deities if you're so inclined. I know some practitioners of necromancy favour Osiris and Anubis over Eurynomous, Balberith and Babael for example.

Oh I'll also echo Mindmaster's comment that her books have more or less become my bible ;) Definitely indispensable.

Last edited:

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
From what I understand the enns and some of the sigils used in Connolly's books come from personal revelation from various Demonolaters. As such I find they're best used as a mantra rather than literal translations of a demonic language (indeed there are only a few examples of what might be the English meanings of the words). It's also worth pointing out that occasionally daemons may present you with a snippet of an enn or sigil not covered in the books.

Many of the Daemons listed are Goetic, but this doesn't mean the principles covered in Connolly's books can't be applied to other deities if you're so inclined. I know some practitioners of necromancy favour Osiris and Anubis over Eurynomous, Balberith and Babael for example.

Oh I'll also echo Mindmaster's comment that her books have more or less become my bible ;) Definitely indispensable.

Do you know what those mantras might mean in English? I don't have a problem with mantras, but I like to know what I'm saying. Lol.

I will add Connolly's books to my reading list, for sure. A few months ago, I downloaded a few gigs of occult literature, much of it Left Hand Path/Satanic, so I have a lot of reading to do!

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Do you know what those mantras might mean in English? I don't have a problem with mantras, but I like to know what I'm saying. Lol.

I will add Connolly's books to my reading list, for sure. A few months ago, I downloaded a few gigs of occult literature, much of it Left Hand Path/Satanic, so I have a lot of reading to do!

I would argue that even if they are 'constructed language' as long as you understand the intent of using them they will work. Magick is all about intent after all. And as far as your reading list... scrub everything off of it and put her's first -- seriously, she writes in a very simple and plain fashion. My recommended list for any Theistic Satanist starting out (my links are scrubbed of referral tags):

1) The Complete Book of Demonolatry This is all the foundations you need to understand. Everything is covered here and it is presented in a way that is useful to pan/poly/theists alike. There is no clearer work on this period. Trust me you can buy a lot of books and still not get the info that is in this one.

2)The Daemonolaters to Daemonic Magic This is the only book about magick you ever have to buy. It really has everything in it and its presented very compactly. This book replaces hundreds of other books. I mean it when I say EVERYTHING about magick is in here. And again, it is all adapted for your immediate use.

3) Demonolatry Goetia This book does all the work of converting the Goetia into a useable format for theistic Satanists. It really is a supplement to #2, but would be useful itself if you had prior occult inclinations.

This is the order I'd purchase them in, but if you get them from Amazon they are discounting them if you get all three at once. Trust me when I say these books are more relevant to theistic Satanism than nearly any other published material. There is a lot of printed occult material that is completely unusable to us; the magical methods of others due to the fact that they work by using insults, torment, harm, and imprisonment of the energies which we would be calling upon. You need to stay away from those methods if you go this route -- you can read all about them once you know the right way to do things. I'm not affiliated with the author in any way despite my vehement praise.

Last edited:

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I would argue that even if they are 'constructed language' as long as you understand the intent of using them they will work. Magick is all about intent after all. And as far as your reading list... scrub everything off of it and put her's first -- seriously, she writes in a very simple and plain fashion. My recommended list for any Theistic Satanist starting out (my links are scrubbed of referral tags):

1) The Complete Book of Demonolatry This is all the foundations you need to understand. Everything is covered here and it is presented in a way that is useful to pan/poly/theists alike. There is no clearer work on this period. Trust me you can buy a lot of books and still not get the info that is in this one.

2)The Daemonolaters to Daemonic Magic This is the only book about magick you ever have to buy. It really has everything in it and its presented very compactly. This book replaces hundreds of other books. I mean it when I say EVERYTHING about magick is in here. And again, it is all adapted for your immediate use.

3) Demonolatry Goetia This book does all the work of converting the Goetia into a useable format for theistic Satanists. It really is a supplement to #2, but would be useful itself if you had prior occult inclinations.

This is the order I'd purchase them in, but if you get them from Amazon they are discounting them if you get all three at once. Trust me when I say these books are more relevant to theistic Satanism than nearly any other published material. There is a lot of printed occult material that is completely unusable to us and we are not able to use the magical methods of others due to the fact that they work by using insults, torment, harm, and imprisonment of the energies which we would be calling upon. You need to stay away from those methods if you go this route -- you can read all about them once you know the right way to do things. I'm not affiliated with the author in any way despite my vehement praise.

Okay, you've sold me! I'll buy them when I get the chance. I need to start building a library of physical books pertaining to this subject, anyway. :D

Yeah, I certainly want to present myself as a friend to these Beings. That's one of the reasons why LaVey's cobbled-together rituals never resonated with me. They're all so rude.

Last edited:

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
I'm not theistic or at all spiritual, but I do practice prayer once in a while, in the same way I make a wish on 11:11 once in a while.

Mostly, I just bow my head, have my hands cupped and say "Please don't let X happen" or "Please let Y happen" etc. I never really pray to a being, therefore I don't pray "thank you" or apologies.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Light a black candle or a can of sterno upon an altar platform while focusing on an inverse pentagram or Baphomet portrayed above the altar and speak the following invocation:

Invocation of Satan

In Nomine dei nostri Satanas Luciferi excelsi.

In the Name of Satan, the Lord of Darkness, Archon of the Earth, King of the world, I summon the Black Flame into my midst that I may Work my Will upon the warp and weave of Creation. O Prince Lucifer, hear me, look upon me, and enshrine within me thy Infernal essence. Open wide the Gates of the Abyss and come forth from thy burnt and blackened Temple to greet me as a Brother and kindred Spirit.
Enshroud me with the Powers of Darkness for I have taken thy Name as a part of myself. I live as the beasts of the field, rejoicing in fleshly life. I favor the just and curse the rotten. Arm me with thy Shining Pentagram and grant me thy strength and the knowledge of thy Undefiled Wisdom.
Let then my mind, body, and soul become an avatar for the manifestation of the Powers of Infernus! From the primordial depths I am risen up and am become transformed unto the Everlasting Flame of Darkness. By all the Gods of the Abyss I command that the things of which I speak shall become manifest!

Sanctus Satanas!
Ave Satanas!
Hail, Satan!

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

Last edited:

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Invocation of Satan

In Nomine dei nostri Satanas Luciferi excelsi.

In the Name of Satan, the Lord of Darkness, Archon of the Earth, King of the world, I summon the Black Flame into my midst that I may Work my Will upon the warp and weave of Creation. O Prince Lucifer, hear me, look upon me, and enshrine within me thy Infernal essence. Open wide the Gates of the Abyss and come forth from thy burnt and blackened Temple to greet me as a Brother and kindred Spirit.
Enshroud me with the Powers of Darkness for I have taken thy Name as a part of myself. I live as the beasts of the field, rejoicing in fleshly life. I favor the just and curse the rotten. Arm me with thy Shining Pentagram and grant me thy strength and the knowledge of thy Undefiled Wisdom.
Let then my mind, body, and soul become an avatar for the manifestation of the Powers of Infernus! From the primordial depths I am risen up and am become transformed unto the Everlasting Flame of Darkness. By all the Gods of the Abyss I command that the things of which I speak shall become manifest!

Sanctus Satanas!
Ave Satanas!
Hail, Satan!

That was beautiful! Thanks! :)

I think I'll save that one. It's very poetic. :)

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I'm not theistic or at all spiritual, but I do practice prayer once in a while, in the same way I make a wish on 11:11 once in a while.

Mostly, I just bow my head, have my hands cupped and say "Please don't let X happen" or "Please let Y happen" etc. I never really pray to a being, therefore I don't pray "thank you" or apologies.

I understand. ;) Even that is a form of magick in terms of bending reality to your Will. ;)

jasonwill2

I'd like to hear about the experiences and techniques of others when it comes to communicating or communing with the Dark Lord. What seems to work for you? What is "prayer" for you? Or do you have any concept of prayer at all? Is it similar to how Christians pray, in terms of praise and making requests or is it something else entirely? It would be awesome of some examples of Satanic prayers were posted. :) Also, I'd like to hear about meditation techniques.

I'm asking because I'm relatively new to Theistic Satanism and I do feel the need to have a form of prayer in my life, because I find it highly beneficial in terms of being reassuring and calming. I'm just trying to figure out which way to go about it in terms of a way that seems "correct" to Satan's attributes. I'm an ex-Catholic so that is obviously the framework of prayer that I am most familiar with. But I am interested in moving beyond all of that.

Anyway, just curious about the experience of others. :)

Closest I get is rambling to myself or talking openly durring the main step of a ritual.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Okay, you've sold me! I'll buy them when I get the chance. I need to start building a library of physical books pertaining to this subject, anyway. :D

Yeah, I certainly want to present myself as a friend to these Beings. That's one of the reasons why LaVey's cobbled-together rituals never resonated with me. They're all so rude.

I would also mention that they are several conceptual and grammar problems in the rituals as well. That link describes most of the ones we'd have issues with. As far as prayer though... you're working too damn hard.. you are able to speak and think.. generally your own are better than anything else. :)

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
As far as prayer though... you're working too damn hard.. you are able to speak and think.. generally your own are better than anything else. :)

Yes, that is true. It is good to come up with your own way of praying. Formal prayers are good at times, though.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Here ya go.. some real formal stuff... Makes me feel all Catholic-y.

If you can't stomach Devil Worship don't click it. NSFW. DO NOT EAT.

[youtube]2rEOqCNgqEQ[/youtube]

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Here ya go.. some real formal stuff... Makes me feel all Catholic-y.

If you can't stomach Devil Worship don't click it. NSFW. DO NOT EAT.

[youtube]2rEOqCNgqEQ[/youtube]

That's just lovely! Thank you. When it comes to the Christian ceremonies, it's hard to beat a Catholic High Mass. So of course that sort of framework will resonate with me. This is just music to my ears and soul. ;)

I guess I'm just old fashioned in that way. Haha.