• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Satanic Paganism

s33k2bh0ly

I've been thinking deeply about this for a while now and a few quick Google searches yielded no sufficient information so I thought making a thread would be a good first post and a good way to get some insight from others.

When it comes to Satanism and Paganism, I think of them as essentially the same. Both are umbrella terms for a variety of traditions/faiths. I read that Satan is a Christian construct, but Christian theology is based off many ancient polytheistic mythologies. Some compare Satan to Enki or Set, whereas some compare Jesus to Horus or Tammuz. So that being said, Satan means "adversary", Christians deem Satan as the enemy of their faith, just as they did the pagans when they demonized their Gods. A lot of LHP traditions seem to rely on ancient mythology, or at least their allegories, as well, so perhaps Satanism could be considered as a form of Paganism?

Example: If one were to revere Baphomet, Satan, Lucifer, Lilith, and other deities from Pagan and Abrahamic traditions, would they be considered a Satanist, Luciferian, Pagan or would t just fall under as a Syncretic faith?

Sorry if it seems like I'm rambling, it's a bit late and my mind tends to wander at these hours and can't quite articulate my thoughts in a more clear manner at the moment.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
My first question would be and is: do you believe there is a singular, first "Prince/princess of Darkness" or "ancient Serpent" with many faces and many gods aligned from it? So is Satan abrahamic, or is that a perversion of something more ancient?

s33k2bh0ly

My first question would be and is: do you believe there is a singular, first "Prince/princess of Darkness" or "ancient Serpent" with many faces and many gods aligned from it? So is Satan abrahamic, or is that a perversion of something more ancient?

I believe Satan is a corruption of much older deities used by Abrahamic faiths, but can exist as a deity outside of Abrahamic religion being that His origins predate Christianity. I beliebe there to be many Gods, some of which are supreme, I view Satan as the supreme God of darkness and knowledge.

I have no problem with Satanism as a part of paganism. The point is surely that pagan religions are based on the experiences of the many, not on the claims of one self-styled "prophet". If people call on a being using the name Satan and get answered, then surely that's enough.

Have you found this site?
Theistic Satanism: Diane Vera on today's new kinds of Satanists

Very well put, I share your sentiments. I have a read a few articles and pages.

LadyBaphomet666

Pan's and Hecate's Daughter
I'am a living and breathing Satanic Pagan named Adrianna who believes in Demonic Entities like Baphomet,Lilith,Asmodous,Naamah ,Astraothe,Penemue,Levation and not just Satan. However sweethearts I also believe in Deities like Pan,Hecate,Poseidon amongst many others now Fellow Occultists I bid you so long and until next time so peeps 666.