• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Satanic Monument in OKC

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I think it's in poor taste and I think they need to choose their battles more wisely.

But it is also somewhat amusing. *smirk*

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
That's almost as senseless as going to a church wearing a shirt that says "I am an atheist"

Unless you can truly consider it being the other way around, and think you wouldn't mind it the other way around, it's best not to do it

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
I think it's in poor taste and I think they need to choose their battles more wisely.

But it is also somewhat amusing. *smirk*
I disagree all get represented on state ptopertie or none do. This is no more offensive then the 10 commandments being in that location in the first place. Further more it is time for this group of people to get the recognition and respect they deserve. They should not have to hide ion the shadows so not to offend the Christians.

freethinker44

That's almost as senseless as going to a church wearing a shirt that says "I am an atheist"

Unless you can truly consider it being the other way around, and think you wouldn't mind it the other way around, it's best not to do it

If christian fundamentalists had their way, the entire United States would be one big church. These people aren't going to fade away if we just stop paying attention to them, they are going to slowly take over. They should be challenged at every opportunity and never be left unchecked.

Honestly, I think putting up the exact opposite monument right next to theirs is the best way to fight it. If we force them to take it down they will just act like martyrs saying we are persecuting them. This way forces them to be the persecutors because they will surely scream for the satanic monument to be taken down, and then both will probably be removed, as it should be.

The Sum of Awe

If christian fundamentalists had their way, the entire United States would be one big church. These people aren't going to fade away if we just stop paying attention to them, they are going to slowly take over. They should be challenged at every opportunity and never be left unchecked.

Honestly, I think putting up the exact opposite monument right next to theirs is the best way to fight it. If we force them to take it down they will just act like martyrs saying we are persecuting them. This way forces them to be the persecutors because they will surely scream for the satanic monument to be taken down, and then both will probably be removed, as it should be.

While that may be, do you honestly think making them angry will do any better?

If you are to bully a group, the group will only become more fierce. Nothing about this will make them reconsider their beliefs, nor do they need to reconsider. Live and let live

Amechania

Daimona of the Helpless
There should be no monument at the capitol, just a sign directing people down to 5th street and the OKC National Memorial.

freethinker44

While that may be, do you honestly think making them angry will do any better?

If you are to bully a group, the group will only become more fierce. Nothing about this will make them reconsider their beliefs, nor do they need to reconsider. Live and let live

It's not about making them reconsider their beliefs, it's about putting them in their place.

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
Let alone, if anything this would lead to the total opposite of safety.
saftey of rights
saftey of equality
saftey of seperation of church and state
religious freedom
freedom from religion.

Sir this is about ideals. Not thuggish mentalities.

EDIT: I find Christianity a threat to my values, rights and freedoms

Last edited:

Thana

Lady

Why?

I think they should give it a go,
If they want a monument, Then more power to them.
I think everyone should be informed of every religion so that they make the right choice for themselves, And cannot claim ignorance :)

The Sum of Awe

saftey of rights
saftey of equality
saftey of seperation of church and state
religious freedom
freedom from religion.

Sir this is about ideals. Not thuggish mentalities.

How so? With the freedom of religion, there's nothing they can legally do other than criticize it. Why do you find it a threat?

We have all of those safeties as of now, and all are choices. But certainly we are not going to continue to keep these "safeties" if people were to constantly fight all of the time.

While there is probably no end to criticism and hate from other religions, infuriating them more definitely isn't going to lesser it.

freethinker44

While there is probably no end to criticism and hate from other religions, infuriating them more definitely isn't going to lesser it.

If someone wanted to punch you in the face until you died, would you just let them do it because "infuriating them more definitely isn't going to lesser it"?

That's what christian fundamentalists are doing, figuratively. They are trying to destroy the US as we know it and put in place their own twisted version of a "christian" nation. Now, I consider myself a patriot so no, I'm not going to "let alone" and watch some religious extremist group try to destroy our country.

The Sum of Awe

If someone wanted to punch you in the face until you died, would you just let them do it because "infuriating them more definitely isn't going to lesser it"?

That's what christian fundamentalists are doing, figuratively. They are trying to destroy the US as we know it and put in place their own twisted version of a "christian" nation. Now, I consider myself a patriot so no, I'm not going to "let alone" and watch some religious extremist group try to destroy our country.

Mind explaining how they are destroying the US?