• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Satanic Governance

Erebus

I think Sum has a point. Satanists (if we're going by the philsophies of Rand, LaVey, etc.) obviously wouldn't be social conservatives, but I don't think they would be fiscal liberals, either, since it's all about being centered on the individual; personal freedom, self reliance, etc. right?

To me it makes sense to be liberal/left wing if you aren't particularly wealthy and right wing (though not necessarily conservative per se) if you are. Assuming of course you have your own interests at heart.

I would argue LHP government or society would be meritocratic in nature, with each person receiving what they earn. Unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately for some people?) human nature and societal advantages/disadvantages by merit of birth make this impossible in reality.

jasonwill2

Responsibility to the responsible...

In practice, communism only works for really, really small communities of no more than 3 or 4 dozen.

Applying this to a national scale, and human nature sets in. Why do you think there is not ONE case of a communist state being anything but oppression? As Satanists we shouldn't care about it being "good in theory", but as being good in application.

If I wanted something that was good in theory, but didn't care about application, I would of stayed a Christian, however I personally found that it wasn't good for application, and found something that is for me: Satanism.

Same with economic models. I don't care how good it is on paper, people have tried communism again and again but the fact is that human nature is such a way that communism will never work. Not on the end of "the people" mind you, but on the end of the leaders who claim to have the people's best interests in mind, meanwhile hoarding all the resources.

I think there are places for things like social security, disability, ect ect, however an actual communist economic model? It just won't work, there is no historical cases of anything larger than a small community of this working. Fifty villagers do not equate an entire nation of thousands or millions of people, it just breaks down on those kinds of scales and succumbs to corruption.

jasonwill2

To me it makes sense to be liberal/left wing if you aren't particularly wealthy and right wing (though not necessarily conservative per se) if you are. Assuming of course you have your own interests at heart.

I would argue LHP government or society would be meritocratic in nature, with each person receiving what they earn. Unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately for some people?) human nature and societal advantages/disadvantages by merit of birth make this impossible in reality.

Meritcratic? Like people earn what they deserve?

I think we already do something kind of similar in America... it's called you get paid depending on how important the company thinks you are, or how badly they want to hold on to you. Generally people get paid more depending on how educated they are.

A Satanic capitalistic society could exist, we would just need to bolster education and social programs to do our best to eliminate poverty.

Cassiopia

Sugar and Spice
Because I feel the LHP is about being completely independent. It's funny that you support Left Wing Economics as a satanist, as Satanism is somewhat influenced by Ayn Rand, and Ayn Rand was definitely libertarian.

Would you rather have homeless people or economic parasites?

I think Sum has a point. Satanists (if we're going by the philsophies of Rand, LaVey, etc.) obviously wouldn't be social conservatives, but I don't think they would be fiscal liberals, either, since it's all about being centered on the individual; personal freedom, self reliance, etc. right?
I am a Theistic Satanist and while I think there is some wisdom in the works of Anton LaVey, I don't agree with some of the principles of the CoS, and I never really agreed with Ayn Rand at all.
I am a libertine and personal freedom and responsibility are important concepts to me but I also think it is important to give all people the possibility to reach their full potential (because in the long run that will work in my favour). The capitalist system creates victims who might otherwise make valuable contributions to my welfare and future prospects. As was mentioned in another thread I tend to favour a philosophy of reciprocal altruism. This is found more in left wing politics than in right wing politics. Put simply the good of the whole improves the good of the one. Unhappy and impoverished communities can make it difficult for any individual (including myself) to do and be all they would wish.

I'd rather not have homeless people or social parasites.

jasonwill2

I am a Theistic Satanist and while I think there is some wisdom in the works of Anton LaVey, I don't agree with some of the principles of the CoS, and I never really agreed with Ayn Rand at all.
I am a libertine and personal freedom and responsibility are important concepts to me but I also think it is important to give all people the possibility to reach their full potential (because in the long run that will work in my favour). The capitalist system creates victims who might otherwise make valuable contributions to my welfare and future prospects. As was mentioned in another thread I tend to favour a philosophy of reciprocal altruism. This is found more in left wing politics than in right wing politics. Put simply the good of the whole improves the good of the one. Unhappy and impoverished communities can make it difficult for any individual (including myself) to do and be all they would wish.

I'd rather not have homeless people or social parasites.

I'm pretty sure that "reciprocal altruism" is the least likely thing to ever happen for a society. Human nature doesn't work like that. You say your a Satanist, but don't you see why this won't work?

Cassiopia

Sugar and Spice
I'm pretty sure that "reciprocal altruism" is the least likely thing to ever happen for a society. Human nature doesn't work like that. You say your a Satanist, but don't you see why this won't work?
If you look back at my previous posts you'll see I said that satanic governance could probably never work anyway, except perhaps behind the scenes.

jasonwill2

If you look back at my previous posts you'll see I said that satanic governance could probably never work anyway, except perhaps behind the scenes.

I recall reading it, or at least that part, I thought someone else said it. My bad. However I don't think that repical altruism is Satanic, it's probably anti-Satanic. People help each other out of symbiotic relationships, even their family. For it to be altruism neither side would benift from helping the other, which is a paradox, until I just realize that that is tic for tac, not altruism.

However to convince people to work for the common good of a community... that concept is already around and so I don't think it really adds anything new to the discussion.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Meh I think Marxism is pretty RHP politically.
In my mind, the heart of Marxism, taking power away from those who have done nothing to deserve it and elevating the status of the common individual, in some ways parallels the story of Satan's rebellion against God, which ended with humans having the option to be free from servitude and elevate our own status.

Many tribes have/have had a reciprocal altruism type of relationship. A potlatch, for example, is when a hosting tribe will give generously to other tribes. The manifest function of a potlatch is temporary status elevation of the hosting tribe and the tribe leader(s), and the latent function is that in the future that should the hosting tribe fall on hard times their generosity will be repaid. It's not so much human nature, but the particular culture that decides what is reasonable, possible, plausible, or doomed to failure.

It would depend on individual philosophies, but in general I think it would be more centrist with goals of both the left and right being in practice. If someone is lazy and is just not trying, then why help someone who will not help themselves. And there should be standards and efforts made or other extraenous variables demonstrated to receive state-aid. Being a professional baby-maker would not be acceptable,and things like obesity would not be a valid reason to receive disabilities. And if a program is failing or unnecessary then it would be cut. As for ideas that are typically more associated with the left, such as free education and healthcare, those ideas offer so many benefits for society for both individuals and the government that I couldn't see a Satanic government going without, but of course only for those who are contributing members of society. I could also see some ideas championed by Progressives being top priority, such as environmental protection as a matter of realization that the earth cannot sustain us if we do not sustain it. I could also see a good deal of military spending, enough that the military is very technologically advanced and very powerful and efficient, to the point only a government of fools would think about attacking, but not nearly as much spending as our government does to allow for a looming global presence.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Some say that the US is a christian nation, however, American form of government is very atheistic. With capitalism and how this society functions you get out of it only what you put into it. If your lazy in mind and will, have no ambition, just plan on a life of poverty. Then again, there are some who are satisfied just sitting around living off wellfare. I am not one of these people. I want to make as much money as I can in order to live a more prosperous and satisfying life - all it takes is simple hard work, some smarts, and a little talent.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\
Gnothi seauton!

jasonwill2

Some say that the US is a christian nation, however, American form of government is very atheistic. With capitalism and how this society functions you get out of it only what you put into it. If your lazy in mind and will, have no ambition, just plan on a life of poverty. Then again, there are some who are satisfied just sitting around living off wellfare. I am not one of these people. I want to make as much money as I can in order to live a more prosperous and satisfying life - all it takes is simple hard work, some smarts, and a little talent.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\
Gnothi seauton!

And the luck to find a job position and the cridentials for it. Since the reccession many over qualified people have been getting lower end jobs, leaving the low class with many less jobs avialble overall.

there are more unemployed people than avialbe positions

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
And the luck to find a job position and the cridentials for it. Since the reccession many over qualified people have been getting lower end jobs, leaving the low class with many less jobs avialble overall.

there are more unemployed people than avialbe positions

I dont know that it has anything to do with luck. However, people got to do what they got to do even if it means sometimes working two lower paying jobs for a while to stay above ground.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
With capitalism and how this society functions you get out of it only what you put into it. If your lazy in mind and will, have no ambition, just plan on a life of poverty. Then again, there are some who are satisfied just sitting around living off wellfare. I am not one of these people. I want to make as much money as I can in order to live a more prosperous and satisfying life - all it takes is simple hard work, some smarts, and a little talent.
It's suck to admit, but effort and credentials are no longer enough. Even people with doctorates today are underemployed. If all it took was effort and hard work, the middle class would not be withering and anyone who wanted a job would not only have one, they would have one that pays something that is decent and liveable.

Sutekh

Priest of Odin
Premium Member
Allright, even though this thread is a very old thread, let me describe what an ideal Satanic Government would be like. First off, in order to have a Satanic Government installed, would mean planning a secretive government coup, meaning overthrowing the U.S. government with violent revolutionary means. After the bloody coup is over, we come to power installing our own government. In order for our governance to succeed, we would have to take away certain rights within this country.

We would then start a second non bloody revolution, known as a cultural revolution. We would destroy the churches, including RHP religious historical cultures within our country. Next, we force those of the RHP to have a separate homeland by deportation methods. After all this is done, In order for Satanic Governance to succeed, we would have to establish a totalitarian government in power. (This is my fictional take on establishing a Satanic Governance)