• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Satan was NOT the serpent in the Garden of Eden.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
All that could have a thing to do with lack of understanding, lack of know how, lack of cooperation, lack of empathy, sympathy, and insistent need or lust for violence and to exert power and/or control over others.
But yeah, leave it up to God ... I'll agree in part. I choose to work hard, play harder, when I get my freak on I'll do it like a mean it, have fun, enjoy what i got today (may not be here tomorrow) and do what I can for others when I can without destroying my own well-being. It comes down to I know myself well enough to know and understand what I enjoy and what I don't, what's beneficial ... short or long term, and how to attain when I'm ready to attain. I'm an individual, so I can only speak for me. If I'm wrong ... so what? I enjoy my life best I'm able, help others when able, work hard the only way I really know how, and play even harder. God will sort us all out in the end, so ... I worry less, exercise a bit more faith than i once did, and live out loud or at least louder than before.

Yes, God will sort it out, Not any humans.
This will take place I find at the soon coming ' time of separation ' as mentioned at Matthew 25:31-33,37,40.
Not humans, but Jesus as Shepherd will separate the figurative humble 'sheep' from the 'haughty' goats.
The 'sheep' can remain alive on Earth and continue to live on Earth right into the start of calendar Day One of Jesus' coming 1,000-year governmental reign over Earth for a thousand years.

Besides hard work and playing harder, Jesus gave us the spiritual work found at Matthew 24:14; Acts 1:8 to tell the world about the good news of God's kingdom of Daniel 2:44, that God, through Jesus, will establish Peace on Earth among persons of goodwill.

ZenMonkey

St. James VII
Yes, God will sort it out, Not any humans.
This will take place I find at the soon coming ' time of separation ' as mentioned at Matthew 25:31-33,37,40.
Not humans, but Jesus as Shepherd will separate the figurative humble 'sheep' from the 'haughty' goats.
The 'sheep' can remain alive on Earth and continue to live on Earth right into the start of calendar Day One of Jesus' coming 1,000-year governmental reign over Earth for a thousand years.

Besides hard work and playing harder, Jesus gave us the spiritual work found at Matthew 24:14; Acts 1:8 to tell the world about the good news of God's kingdom of Daniel 2:44, that God, through Jesus, will establish Peace on Earth among persons of goodwill.

Ok, I won't argue your speculation, but ... 2000 plus years ago the put Jesus in a tomb. It was said Jesus went to hell for 3 days rose again, stuck around a few days more and left again. It reminds of life here on earth to be honest. 2000 years in a hell of sorts for many of us, another umm .... close to 1000 to go until or maybe IF we ever truly have any peace on earth and good will towards those on this earth. It's like Jesus died, stuck around here with us in hell and is working through us in us to help make this place great again ... umm ... assuming it was ever great for us at all.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Ok, I won't argue your speculation, but ... 2000 plus years ago the put Jesus in a tomb. It was said Jesus went to hell for 3 days rose again, stuck around a few days more and left again. It reminds of life here on earth to be honest. 2000 years in a hell of sorts for many of us, another umm .... close to 1000 to go until or maybe IF we ever truly have any peace on earth and good will towards those on this earth. It's like Jesus died, stuck around here with us in hell and is working through us in us to help make this place great again ... umm ... assuming it was ever great for us at all.

Yes, the day Jesus died he went to hell (Acts 2:27) before his God resurrected dead Jesus out of hell.
Not some religious-myth hell just taught as being Scripture but biblical hell which is the grave.
The temporary stone-cold grave for the sleeping unconscious dead is biblical hell.
This is why Jesus taught 'sleep in death ' at John 11:11-14
Jesus, being well educated in the old Hebrew Scriptures, learned that sleeping condition of the dead.
- see Psalms 6:5; 13:3; 115:17; Isaiah 38:18; Ecclesiastes 9:5

After his God resurrected Jesus back into his pre-human spirit body ( 1 Peter 3:18 B ) then Jesus remained on earth, I think it was about 40 days.
In that time frame Jesus used different materialized bodies to appear to followers.

I like how you say, ' hell of sorts ' ( meaning bad for us ).
This ties in with the challenge that Satan made regarding faithful Job (Job 2:4-5)
By way of extension his challenge includes all of us.
'Touch our flesh...." ( meaning loose physical health ) and we would Not serve God.
Both faithful Job and Jesus under adverse conditions proved Satan a liar and so can we.

The ' working through us ' is Not everyone but those on the figurative narrow road or path of Matthew chapter 7.
Remember ' MANY ' will call Jesus as Lord but prove false - Matthew 7:21-23.
So, now Jesus is working through the figurative humble ' sheep ' of Matthew 25:31-33,37
These 'sheep' will prove to be the foundation of calendar Day One of Jesus' 1,000-year reign over Earth.
So, these 'sheep' (see also Revelation 7:9) will be here to welcome back the resurrected dead with the opportunity to live forever on Earth as originally offered to Adam before his downfall.

ZenMonkey

St. James VII
Yes, the day Jesus died he went to hell (Acts 2:27) before his God resurrected dead Jesus out of hell.
Not some religious-myth hell just taught as being Scripture but biblical hell which is the grave.
The temporary stone-cold grave for the sleeping unconscious dead is biblical hell.
This is why Jesus taught 'sleep in death ' at John 11:11-14
Jesus, being well educated in the old Hebrew Scriptures, learned that sleeping condition of the dead.
- see Psalms 6:5; 13:3; 115:17; Isaiah 38:18; Ecclesiastes 9:5

After his God resurrected Jesus back into his pre-human spirit body ( 1 Peter 3:18 B ) then Jesus remained on earth, I think it was about 40 days.
In that time frame Jesus used different materialized bodies to appear to followers.

I like how you say, ' hell of sorts ' ( meaning bad for us ).
This ties in with the challenge that Satan made regarding faithful Job (Job 2:4-5)
By way of extension his challenge includes all of us.
'Touch our flesh...." ( meaning loose physical health ) and we would Not serve God.
Both faithful Job and Jesus under adverse conditions proved Satan a liar and so can we.

The ' working through us ' is Not everyone but those on the figurative narrow road or path of Matthew chapter 7.
Remember ' MANY ' will call Jesus as Lord but prove false - Matthew 7:21-23.
So, now Jesus is working through the figurative humble ' sheep ' of Matthew 25:31-33,37
These 'sheep' will prove to be the foundation of calendar Day One of Jesus' 1,000-year reign over Earth.
So, these 'sheep' (see also Revelation 7:9) will be here to welcome back the resurrected dead with the opportunity to live forever on Earth as originally offered to Adam before his downfall.

Cool ... I agree with the hell = grave cause well ... that's what the bible states, and I agree that it's a lot like sleeping without dreaming, no thought, no knowledge, no nothing ya know? Ok, hell of sorts would equate to the bull**** and hardships we face in life ... You know, all the evil or rather calamity we go through, the things most tend to hate, which the bible teaches to hate. It's simple, but some have become so damned superstitious and make a grain of sand look like an insurmountable mountain.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Cool ... I agree with the hell = grave cause well ... that's what the bible states, and I agree that it's a lot like sleeping without dreaming, no thought, no knowledge, no nothing ya know? Ok, hell of sorts would equate to the bull**** and hardships we face in life ... You know, all the evil or rather calamity we go through, the things most tend to hate, which the bible teaches to hate. It's simple, but some have become so damned superstitious and make a grain of sand look like an insurmountable mountain.
To me the 'some' are like the rich-man Pharisees with their un-scriptural teachings just taught as being Scripture.
Pharisee teachings were like an insurmountable mountain for the common folks.
The corrupted clergy today are like those corrupted Pharisees of Jesus' day.
This is why coming adverse judgement will start with the religious 'House of God ' namely Christendom.
Christendom ( mostly Christian in name only ) has played false to God and the Bible.
She waters down the Word of God so as Not to loose any of her members.
Her members choose religious leaders in order to have their ' ears tickled ' with what they want to hear - 2 Timothy 4:3.
So, it is No wonder we are in the last days of badness on Earth before Jesus will take the action of Isaiah 11:3-4.
Then, hardship ' enemy death ' ( hell/grave ) will be No more on Earth ever again - 1 Corinthians 15:26; Isaiah 25:8
Any thoughts about how the coming future will unfold before Jesus takes such action ________________________

ZenMonkey

St. James VII
To me the 'some' are like the rich-man Pharisees with their un-scriptural teachings just taught as being Scripture.
Pharisee teachings were like an insurmountable mountain for the common folks.
The corrupted clergy today are like those corrupted Pharisees of Jesus' day.
This is why coming adverse judgement will start with the religious 'House of God ' namely Christendom.
Christendom ( mostly Christian in name only ) has played false to God and the Bible.
She waters down the Word of God so as Not to loose any of her members.
Her members choose religious leaders in order to have their ' ears tickled ' with what they want to hear - 2 Timothy 4:3.
So, it is No wonder we are in the last days of badness on Earth before Jesus will take the action of Isaiah 11:3-4.
Then, hardship ' enemy death ' ( hell/grave ) will be No more on Earth ever again - 1 Corinthians 15:26; Isaiah 25:8
Any thoughts about how the coming future will unfold before Jesus takes such action ________________________

Cool ... it's like life, well ... It is life. I mean hey, I know me and you know you but I want you to do something for me, then I gotta get you on board too, and so maybe I'll choose some brain washing, or maybe some guilt tripping, or maybe some confidence shaking, or maybe I'll just muscle you to a bloody pulp like they did Jesus. Life is easy, I know what I like and enjoy and I'll presume you do too. Guess what? I know what I don't like too and the I'sure the same is true for you too. There's a think some call respect, or courtesy, and some just call it kindness that I find applicable. I'll keep my nose in my business and we'll be chill and if you can do the same ... Guess what? We'd be chill with that too. Respect is the operative term, but respect seems to be a foreign concept to more than many. In short: I'll do my thing, you do yours. If what I do or you do isn't harming anyone other than me or you, then what's the issue? Seriously?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Cool ... it's like life, well ... It is life. I mean hey, I know me and you know you but I want you to do something for me, then I gotta get you on board too, and so maybe I'll choose some brain washing, or maybe some guilt tripping, or maybe some confidence shaking, or maybe I'll just muscle you to a bloody pulp like they did Jesus. Life is easy, I know what I like and enjoy and I'll presume you do too. Guess what? I know what I don't like too and the I'sure the same is true for you too. There's a think some call respect, or courtesy, and some just call it kindness that I find applicable. I'll keep my nose in my business and we'll be chill and if you can do the same ... Guess what? We'd be chill with that too. Respect is the operative term, but respect seems to be a foreign concept to more than many. In short: I'll do my thing, you do yours. If what I do or you do isn't harming anyone other than me or you, then what's the issue? Seriously?
I recall back in the 60's it was popular to say, "Do your own thing."
Some however were actually meaning to 'do your own thing' as long as your thing was my thing (my way of thinking)
There was also a BIG billboard in town that read: "Go to the church of your choice".
It did Not say to " Go to the church of God's choice ".
So, to me the 'I'll do my thing, you do yours' might Not be compatible with doing God's thing (His will, His purpose)
Thus, both might have to make changes ( the I'll do my thing person and the you do your thing person ).
The ' harm ' could come from neither telling others about God's Kingdom (Daniel 2:44) as Jesus says -Matthew 24:14
Thus, the 'issue ' (seriously) is the issue of: Divine Sovereignty.
Who can govern best (?) man or God.
Mankind has had over 6,000 year to govern over Earth.
Mankind's long history has proven that man can Not successfully govern himself.
Man can't solve man's problems. Mankind in general won't even apply the Golden Rule in daily life.
Thus, it is man who is bringing ruin to Earth, and man is unable to undo the literal and moral damage.
Whereas, what we can learn from the Bible is that man can't direct his own step, so God will have Jesus step in as the one who will usher in international Peace on Earth among persons of goodwill.
So, we are awaiting the 'final signal' before that happens when the 'powers that be' will be saying, "Peace and Security..." but that will only prove to be the precursor to the coming great tribulation of Revelation 7:14, 9 before the 'powers that be' will surprisingly turn on the corrupted religious world.

Kelly of the Phoenix

mhp-0846.jpg
See, the thing is, though, God already said He created EVERYTHING. He doesn't get to disown us because He's in a bad mood.

or, before him, Lilith in bid for revenge against Adam who had her banished
I like that version better lol.

Not only the serpent was Satan, but he impregnated Eve, and Abel & Cain were his offspring's as we read in ancient Jewish legends and Christians fathers that are veiled rom the disciples.
Well, I've read worse fanfics.

I had a a high school English teacher that taught that Hebrew was the most comprehensive language.
Yes, I'm quite sure your high school English teacher was an expert in ancient Mesopotamian languages.

Yes, Adam and Eve did die in the 'thousand-year day'. Adam living to be 930 years old.
The whole "1000 years = 1 day" thing is not brought up until later, which means A&E would've assumed a natural day.

Right, God did Not lecture us about how to govern. No one is forced to be theocratic in their thinking.
He did. Made up this itty bitty country called Israel.

Adam placed sovereignty into man's hands.
What's it like to worship a God who is regularly bested by some nearly hairless apes?

Adam set up 'people rule' as superior to 'God Rule'
God said to make lots of babies and don't eat a fruit He lied about. God's rules suck.

Mankind's history proves that 'man rule' can't establish Peace on Earth.
God's been in charge the entire time. What's HIS excuse?

Oh, right: those nearly hairless apes bested Me again!
image.jpg

Pick up the morning news and read about the bad news of men's kingdoms ( governments )
Fred-Rogers.jpg

Pick up the Bible and read about the good news of God's Kingdom
That it wouldn't last a thousand years before civil war and invasions wiped it off the map?

Jesus, as King of God's Kingdom, is the one who will establish global Peace on Earth among persons of goodwill.
How'd that work for him when he was alive? Any utopias spring up? No?

The God of Jesus has decreed that enemy Satan is worthy of death ( bite the dust )
And yet I am to forgive MY enemies. Guess God doesn't have to put up or shut up, huh?

ALL who will Not repent will perish
But we all perish. Even the righteous.

ALL the wicked will be brought to ruin and destroyed forever
I know who's in the WH. I have my doubts. #waitingforkarma

Seems to me that Adam may have seemed that the 'problem and solution ' rests squarely on mankind.
God's so lazy He can't even create non-humans without asking Adam to name them. What did He create? "Ok, let Us create that thingie with those big horns and the nice fur ... y'all know what I'm talking about."

Thus, the passing of time would show who can govern best.
Well, we've created civilization and have cured many diseases and have ways around all the curses like pain and work God created for us. God just whines CONSTANTLY about how things aren't going His way.

Mankind's long history has proven that man can't successfully govern himself.
LOL. God can't hold on to ONE GARDEN WITHOUT TROUBLE.

This will come about with Jesus, as Prince of Peace, to establish global Peace on Earth among persons of goodwill.
Adobe_Post_20181220_231055-1024x1024.jpg

This will come about with Jesus, as Prince of Peace, to establish global Peace on Earth among persons of goodwill.
But supposedly there are none righteous. Jesus will rule an empty world. See quote above.

Bible Gateway passage: Acts 10:9-16 - New International Version

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
See, the thing is, though, God already said He created EVERYTHING. He doesn't get to disown us because He's in a bad mood.
The whole "1000 years = 1 day" thing is not brought up until later, which means A&E would've assumed a natural day.
He did. Made up this itty bitty country called Israel.
God's been in charge the entire time. What's HIS excuse?
That it wouldn't last a thousand years before civil war and invasions wiped it off the map?
How'd that work for him when he was alive? Any utopias spring up? No?
And yet I am to forgive MY enemies. Guess God doesn't have to put up or shut up, huh?
But we all perish. Even the righteous.
God's so lazy He can't even create non-humans without asking Adam to name them. What did He create? "Ok, let Us create that thingie with those big horns and the nice fur ... y'all know what I'm talking about."
Well, we've created civilization and have cured many diseases and have ways around all the curses like pain and work God created for us. God just whines CONSTANTLY about how things aren't going His way.
LOL. God can't hold on to ONE GARDEN WITHOUT TROUBLE.
But supposedly there are none righteous. Jesus will rule an empty world. See quote above.

Right, God does Not disown us.... but we can disown God. We can remove ourselves from His hands.
This is why I find Matthew 20:28 says Jesus' ransom covers MANY and does Not say all.
Even if A&E assumed a 24-hour day, Genesis 5:5,27 lets us know Adam lived 930 years.
Thus, No one lived past age 1,000. ALL died within that thousand-year day or time frame.
Yes, because of father Abraham national Israel was the country God dealt with.- Genesis 12:3; 22:18
Sure, God is in charge, but Satan challenged God and Job, and by way of extension: us.
'Touch our flesh' ( loose physical health ) and we would Not serve God - Job 2:4-5.
Both Job and Jesus under adverse conditions proved Satan a liar and so can we.
Sure we have made great strides in helping humanity, but also man dominates man to man's hurt or injury.
Jesus was giving us a healing preview, a coming attraction about his coming 1,000-year reign over Earth.
The sample healings Jesus performed was a foregleam of what Jesus will be doing on a grand international scale.

Suppose you were out working in your garden, and someone interrupted you.
Would you say because I was interrupted I am Not going back to my garden__________
Satan interrupted God's garden purpose by throwing a figurative monkey wrench into it.
The passing of time was needed to show for all time who was right, God or Satan ?
Mankind's long history shows man can't establish lasting Peace on Earth.
At the soon coming ' time of separating ' to take place on Earth there will be righteous ones as per Matthew 25:31-33,37,40
Those humble figurative ' sheep' will be the righteous foundation of Jesus' millennium-long day of governing over Earth for a thousand years.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Satan could have easily used that Serpent as a ventriloquist uses his dummy.
To Eve that Serpent could have appeared to be talking to her.

I believe that is possible and more than likey the donkey speaking was actually the Spirit of God taking the donkeys point of view.However since the Norse myths have the gods instrumental in the cloning of Adam and Eve and Hel is associated with the gods it would make more sense that it was Hel and not Satan.