• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Satan, Samael, Lucifer

Tomas Kindahl

... out on my Odyssé — again!
Anyone think that Satan is the Gnostic demon/deity Samael?

I don't think so. Satan is an angel subordinate to God in the Old Testament, whose task was to test the faith of God's adherents. Samael is instead the Judaic angel of Death, a separate being. I think Samael was equal to the Demiurge according to most Gnostics, but not to me. For me, entropy (the physical concept) constitutes death that constitutes fear (of death) that constitutes hate and other evil behaviors. I believe the first demiurge Yaldabaoth is separate from Samael and other lesser archons. Satan is just an enemy to the humankind, an effect of humankind violating the rules in this defect universe.

Do you think Satan and Lucifer are separate entities that were mixed together in the cuckhold of Catholocism?

I think Satan is a Samael. There is also some stories I've read that 'Satan' is not Lucifer and was also a Sumerian/Babylonian King eons ago, in an age when Men became Gods by entitlement like Pharaohs.

I would also relate Satan to Surtr but I can't begin to produce any grounding in that. And I hate universalism.

I would like to regard "Lucifer" as an ironic name to that Babylonian King. Perhaps Satan is Surtr, but in order to know you must research the original Norse myths with the original proto-Israelite mythology. The nearest match with giants are the nephilim. Try to look it up in the Book of Enoch! Perhaps there is a fiery fallen angel there.