• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Satan Prepping

InChrist

Free4ever
Is that really - really what you think I
was saying? Cool that your assumption
is that I am a reckless idiot.
And funny to see your other thought
( lack of thought) process.

First off, an atheist is someone who
is not afflicted with belief in such nonsense
as your "Satan". But you think I
believe in it. Weird.

And
Anyone with even a trace of familiarity
with Western literature knows there is a
whole genre of stories about people making
deals with the devil. He ALWAYS outsmarts
them.

You didn't detect that I offered absurd
advice that everyone ( including you)
"knows" will fail, in response to an
absurd topic- prepping for the non-existent

Proposed by someone who "knows"
that it's impossible to outsmart
Ol' Nick.

You missed all of that while believing
you know the basic realities of the
Universe. Droll, in the extreme.
I can see I got you riled up. Sorry.
I do like this more in depth response, though, more than your original sarcastic, trivializing one…

“Simple.
You make a deal with him and then
outsmart him.”

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
It fake images like the one you posted that Satan loves people to see and conclude his existence is ridiculous. When people are ignorant of their enemy and the powerful devices being used against them they are more vulnerable.
Baphomet.gif

Colt

Not really. The use of the word lucifer, which literally means light-bearer seems to be complex. There's a long Wiki article about it here: Lucifer - Wikipedia

The Romans used "lucifer" to mean the Morning Star, i.e. Venus. It is this uncapitalised usage that appears in the Exsultet, referring to Christ, the imagery of the first part of the Easter Vigil being Christ as Light of the World, symbolised in the newly lit Paschal candle, carried in processions into the darkened church.

Capitalised Lucifer seems to be attributed to the devil as a result of an interpolation from a couple of biblical passages, neither of which refers to the Devil as "Lucifer" explicitly, but which associate the imagery of Venus setting with the Devil's fall from heaven.
Isaiah opened up a can of lucifers!

Heyo

Veteran Member
The only war Jesus wages is against sin and evil which has brought so much harm and destruction upon this world and humanity; His creation whom He loves. The blood on His robes represents His sacrificial love and victory over all that is evil.
Do you have similarly creative interpretations for Famine, Pestilence and Death?

Audie

Veteran Member
I can see I got you riled up. Sorry.
I do like this more in depth response, though, more than your original sarcastic, trivializing one…

“Simple.
You make a deal with him and then
outsmart him.”
As if you had the capacity to rile
me or your " sorry" had a trace of
sincerity.

I dont know the psychological term for
it when someone says such utterly clueless
things as those to which I responded
and then tries to make it into my emotional
problem. But "contemptible" will do.

As for trivializing, well, a bit of satire on
a trivial absurd topic is fitting.

InChrist

Free4ever
Do you have similarly creative interpretations for Famine, Pestilence and Death?
I think for the part the famines, pestilences and death referred to in Revelation are created and brought upon this world by human selfishness, greed, and tampering with God’s creation and attempting to be gods. For example: messing with genetically modifying viruses, insects, animals, plants, food, etc., spreading toxic chemicals throughout the environment, war- mongers who love all the money made from armaments despite the suffering and destruction, human and governmental policies enacted for control and greed, on and on.

Audie

Veteran Member
I think for the part the famines, pestilences and death referred to in Revelation are created and brought upon this world by human selfishness, greed, and tampering with God’s creation and attempting to be gods. For example: messing with genetically modifying viruses, insects, animals, plants, food, etc., spreading toxic chemicals throughout the environment, war- mongers who love all the money made from armaments despite the suffering and destruction, human and governmental policies enacted for control and greed, on and on.
None by sanctimonious Christians
pulling peoples arms off for being heretics.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
And some were; just a few verses and days following, Peter, James and John saw Jesus in transfigured in His kingdom glory before their death. You must remember that the Kingdom of God is eternal and outside of time.

Assuredly, I say to you, there are some standing here who shall not taste death till they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom.” Matthew 16:26

Now after six days Jesus took Peter, James, and John his brother, led them up on a high mountain by themselves; 2 and He was transfigured before them. His face shone like the sun, and His clothes became as white as the light. 3 And behold, Moses and Elijah appeared to them, talking with Him.
Matthew 17:1-3
No, the transfiguration is not what that prophecy was about. Read the context of it.

InChrist

Free4ever
As if you had the capacity to rile
me or your " sorry" had a trace of
sincerity.

I dont know the psychological term for
it when someone says such utterly clueless
things as those to which I responded
and then tries to make it into my emotional
problem. But "contemptible" will do.

As for trivializing, well, a bit of satire on
a trivial absurd topic is fitting.
Okay, I am not trying make it your emotional problem. I sincerely am sorry. I was trying to joke around with your sarcasm, obviously I failed. I do understand your atheistic position concerning the spiritual realm and existence of a being as Satan. I realize you think it’s all absurd. So we can end further non- productive discussion about it, on friendly terms, I hope.

Audie

Veteran Member
Okay, I am not trying make it your emotional problem. I sincerely am sorry. I was trying to joke around with your sarcasm, obviously I failed. I do understand your atheistic position concerning the spiritual realm and existence of a being as Satan. I realize you think it’s all absurd. So we can end further non- productive discussion about it, on friendly terms, I hope.
Whatevs

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
New Do you see Satan prepping the world for the arrival and acceptance of the antichrist?

No, I do not see there is a independent force of evil, I see it is a lack of our own goodness.

I see the world of humanity is facing retribution brought on by its own actions, a direct result brought on by our combined neglect to embrace the returned Christ and the God given advice for this age.

Regards Tony

InChrist

Free4ever
No, the transfiguration is not what that prophecy was about. Read the context of it.
I have read it in context of the chapter, book and NT. The conversation is followed by the transfiguration event where the three disciples saw the glorified Jesus, as well as Moses and Elijah in the kingdom of God. So this makes the most sense. If you don’t think so you can explain your reasons.

InChrist

Free4ever
No, I do not see there is a independent force of evil, I see it is a lack of our own goodness.

I see the world of humanity is facing retribution brought on by its own actions, a direct result brought on by our combined neglect to embrace the returned Christ and the God given advice for this age.

Regards Tony
I think we see things somewhat differently, but thank you for sharing your perspective.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I have read it in context of the chapter, book and NT. The conversation is followed by the transfiguration event where the three disciples saw the glorified Jesus, as well as Moses and Elijah in the kingdom of God. So this makes the most sense. If you don’t think so you can explain your reasons.
Just because the transfiguration occurred later does not mean that was what that prophecy was about. From the context it was clear that the second coming was to be some time later. The context implied that most would be dead by that time. None of them were dead.