• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Satan Prepping

InChrist

Free4ever
That is male bovine excretory product. Of course the Bible has defensive verses. A book that was the "word of God" would not need such weak arguments. You can tell that even in those days there were people that read the OT and explained to their friend how it was bull****. The only response was a lie written into your book of myths.
Such an expected response from one of your viewpoint.
On the contrary, I think the Word of God would not hesitate to be straightforward in telling it like it is, irregardless of what people’s opinions are on any given subject.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
On the contrary, I think the Word of God would not hesitate to be straightforward in telling it like it is, irregardless of what people’s opinions are on any given subject.
And whose fault is that? Please try to make proper arguments. That argument hurts your cause.

And what makes you think that the Bible is the "Word of God"? With the endless flaws consisting of self contradictions, mythological events that never happened, stories refuted by history, and terrible morals that sound more blasphemous than anything that I have ever said about the Bible.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
But it does not "tell it like it is". It is regularly wrong. It has bad morals. It has fairy tales that never happened.

You seem to believe that God is a liar and you have no problem with that. How do you explain that?

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
That is male bovine excretory product. Of course the Bible has defensive verses. A book that was the "word of God" would not need such weak arguments. You can tell that even in those days there were people that read the OT and explained to their friend how it was bull****. The only response was a lie written into your book of myths.

Yes, some Christians will often use that verse in a debate in an effort to discredit nonbelievers who question the Bible's authenticity. And I think that you are correct that the verse is total rubbish. I think the rest of the Bible is total rubbish as well. Like me, I'm sure you know some non-Christians (not former Christians) who are more knowledgeable about the Bible than most Christians. Speaking as a former Christian, I don't believe anyone should derive their understanding of morality (or love, mercy, and justice) from the Bible. And as a former Christian and survivor of childhood abuse, I see God as a sadistic and psychopathic monster who delights in inflicting pain and torturing people, as well as in causing a lot of chaos and disasters in order to inflict immeasurable pain and violently kill people.

In my opinion, the God of the Bible is analogous to a narcissistic, vindictive, manipulative, and abusive father who only "loves" you and is good to you as long as you obey him and do or say exactly what he wants without question. However, you will face his wrath if you disobey him and make him angry. That is an abusive, fear-based relationship, not one built on mutual trust and unconditional love.

samtonga43

Yes, some Christians will often use that verse in a debate in an effort to discredit nonbelievers who question the Bible's authenticity. And I think that you are correct that the verse is total rubbish. I think the rest of the Bible is total rubbish as well. Like me, I'm sure you know some non-Christians (not former Christians) who are more knowledgeable about the Bible than most Christians. Speaking as a former Christian, I don't believe anyone should derive their understanding of morality (or love, mercy, and justice) from the Bible. And as a former Christian and survivor of childhood abuse, I see God as a sadistic and psychopathic monster who delights in inflicting pain and torturing people, as well as in causing a lot of chaos and disasters in order to inflict immeasurable pain and violently kill people.

In my opinion, the God of the Bible is analogous to a narcissistic, vindictive, manipulative, and abusive father who only "loves" you and is good to you as long as you obey him and do or say exactly what he wants without question. However, you will face his wrath if you disobey him and make him angry. That is an abusive, fear-based relationship, not one built on mutual trust and unconditional love.
In my opinion, God is the opposite of your above analogy.
Could the difference be because of our backgrounds?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
But it does not "tell it like it is". It is regularly wrong. We are not talking matters of opinion.

Why do you believe that God is a liar?

InChrist

Free4ever
But it does not "tell it like it is". It is regularly wrong. We are not talking matters of opinion.

Why do you believe that God is a liar?
I don’t think God is a liar. It’s impossible for God to lie. Neither are the scriptures regularly wrong or wrong at all. Rather, they are God’s revelation of perfect truth and wisdom to finite humans. It’s humans who lie, not God.

For what if some did not believe? Will their unbelief make the faithfulness of God without effect? 4 Certainly not! Indeed, let God be true but every man a liar…
Romans 3:3-4

What Does the Bible Say About God Cannot Lie?

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I don’t think God is a liar. It’s impossible for God to lie. Neither are the scriptures regularly wrong or wrong at all. Rather, they are God’s revelation of perfect truth and wisdom to finite humans. It’s humans who lie, not God.

For what if some did not believe? Will their unbelief make the faithfulness of God without effect? 4 Certainly not! Indeed, let God be true but every man a liar…
Romans 3:3-4

What Does the Bible Say About God Cannot Lie?
You might not think that he is, but that is what you believe, even if you do not realize it. Do you claim that the Noah's Ark story is literal? That is calling God a liar. How about the Adam and Eve story? Again, that is calling God a liar.

There are ways to test these claims to see what happened. The evidence all says that they did not. Since God is supposedly all powerful he could have done those things and then planted false evidence to cover up his evil acts. But of course that would be lying.

Heyo

Veteran Member
You might not think that he is, but that is what you believe, even if you do not realize it. Do you claim that the Noah's Ark story is literal? That is calling God a liar. How about the Adam and Eve story? Again, that is calling God a liar.

There are ways to test these claims to see what happened. The evidence all says that they did not. Since God is supposedly all powerful he could have done those things and then planted false evidence to cover up his evil acts. But of course that would be lying.
Or one could reject all evidence as lies. My guess is that @InChrist is saying she doesn't believe in reality. In her made up dream world a non lying god could exist, it must axiomatically exist.

InChrist

Free4ever
Or one could reject all evidence as lies. My guess is that @InChrist is saying she doesn't believe in reality. In her made up dream world a non lying god could exist, it must axiomatically exist.
Of course I believe in reality. I just think atheistic materialists are clueless concerning all which reality entails with their limited perspective and denial of God, the Creator.

Heyo

Veteran Member
Of course I believe in reality.
Your former posts make me doubt that. The only way that sentence can be true and in harmony with what you wrote before is if your definition of reality is diametrically opposed to the common definition. (Which is a common theme with Christians.)
Reality is what can be measured with scientific instruments. Scientific instruments have measured rocks in the Earth's crust to be up to 4.5 billion years old and rocks surrounding fossils of living creatures 3.8 billion years old. Do we agree that to be reality?

InChrist

Free4ever
Your former posts make me doubt that. The only way that sentence can be true and in harmony with what you wrote before is if your definition of reality is diametrically opposed to the common definition. (Which is a common theme with Christians.)
Reality is what can be measured with scientific instruments. Scientific instruments have measured rocks in the Earth's crust to be up to 4.5 billion years old and rocks surrounding fossils of living creatures 3.8 billion years old. Do we agree that to be reality?
You know what? I am tempted to get off on this, but it’s a huge off thread topic and I don’t have time now.

vulcanlogician

In my opinion, God is the opposite of your above analogy.
Could the difference be because of our backgrounds?

In all fairness, plenty of Christian fundamentalists concur with Sgt. Pepper's assessment of God... they just think it's all fine and good that God is such a being.

So I don't think the difference in opinion is reducible to background.

SDavis

Do you see Satan prepping the world for the arrival and acceptance of the antichrist?

“There is one, however, who is doing a different kind of prepping. And he is doing so at breakneck speed. We can see his handiwork in that regard by simply observing the times and watching headlines unfold. It is as if he knows that he has a short time to prepare in consideration of his biblically forecast destiny.

I’m talking about, of course, Lucifer the fallen one. Satan is in an all-out phase of prepping, as I believe I and others who are watchmen and watchwomen can discern in these increasingly troublesome times.

The devil observably has his collars and chain around the necks of the dogs of government, military, economy, science, entertainment, and especially religionists.”

Satan's Prepping Continues :: By Terry James
I've read replies on this thread - it's a mockery to some.
The end times began at the resurrection of Christ and each and every day we're getting closer to the final minute, Man's time.
There are some important in time prophecies that had to take place that Christians fail to look at in the past. 1.until the 20th century what is written in Daniel chapter 12 concerning knowledge increasing in the last days and we have went from riding animals or walking as a way of transportation to going into outer space _ being able to talk to each other all the way around the world and even see the person you're talking to on a gadget called a cell phone _ all the technology, technology, technology.
2. People going to and fro also written in Daniel chapter 12 in the last days. 100 years ago people mainly traveled in the daytime and it took them almost a full day to go a few miles. People were mainly at home ...... Look at people of today _ people are moving day and night - from country to country - City to City - house to house - people are always on the go constantly.
3.The ability to initiate the mark of the beast in our own a person's hand or forehead where no one can buy sell or trade unless they had that Mark. 100 years ago man wasn't required to have identification, now there is the microchip which can hold old your information. And governments in various countries are trying to initiate ways to eliminate money, what is that in the credit card? What is that there embedding under a person's skin for information purposes? Are they actually using scanning devices for identity purposes, medical purposes, financial purposes?
4. the gospel must be preached to All Nations as a witness then the end will come. Though they say there are a hundred uncontacted tribes, that is a misquote _ they've been contacted they've refused to blend in and socialize with the so-called civilized world and in doing so has refused the preaching of the gospel of Christ. Then the question becomes are they actually Nations?
5) As it was in the days of Lot so shall it be in the coming of the Son of Man - the days of Lot are here and widely accepted.

And those are the prophecies that were not being fulfilled 100 years ago and back ago, which Christians feel to understand had to happen.

And I should add a ""world wide"" increasing in plagues, increasing world hunger, increasing crime, increasing Earth and weather anomalies, increasing wars, increasing family violence, increasing wars both civil and various Nations.

Jerusalem shall be trodden of the gentiles until the times of the gentiles be fulfilled.

Oh well those who see, see _ those who don't, don't