• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Satan: is it real or smart to believe in?

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
31 jul 2018 stvdv info 021 01
Satan: is it real or smart to believe in? [I think here of Satan as pictured in the Bible]

I read many threads about "Is this prophet real, is God real or is scripture trustworthy?"
Is Satan taken for granted? "Is Satan real"? Did you "see" or "experience" Satan?
Satan [I read in the Bible] might create fear. Would it be smart to believe in Satan?

Some questions that come to mind:
1: "What is the definition of Satan"?
2: "Do I (like to) believe in Satan"?
3: "Is it useful to believe in Satan"?
4: "Is it smart to believe in Satan"?

I have the feeling many take Satan's existence to be literal and true [at least in the churches I was]
I never worried about Satan, but today I saw a post where Satan came "along", hence these thoughts

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Satan: is it real or smart to believe in? [I think here of Satan as pictured in the Bible]

I read many threads about "Is this prophet real, is God real or is scripture trustworthy?"
Is Satan taken for granted? "Is Satan real"? Did you "see" or "experience" Satan?
Satan [I read in the Bible] might create fear. Would it be smart to believe in Satan?

I have the feeling many take Satan's existence to be literal and true [at least in the churches I was]
I never worried about Satan, but today I saw a post where Satan came "along", hence these thoughts
It kind of makes me wonder what was thrown into the Lake of Fire in Revelation.

Earthling

David Henson

If Satan is real, as I believe he is, it doesn't matter if I like to believe it or not, if it's useful or not, if it's smart or not. He either exists or he doesn't. The definition of the Hebrew word is adversary or resister. It is first applied to a righteous angel of God who stands in the road as an adversary in resistance to Balaam. Numbers 22:22. When the word appears with the definite article ho, it is applied to the chief adversary or resister of Jehovah God, the spirit creature known as Satan the Devil. The word devil means liar, deceiver.