• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Satan information misleading..

SoulTYPE

But I went through Baptism/Communion/Confirmation all in my youger years. But that is not the path I chose to take, then AND now. So does God want me to return to his ways? Or merely let me wander?

oracle

When you decide to overcome your own ego, to be reborn in Spirit, to shake off the wine that many are drunk with, when you take off the outer garment (the flesh) and trample over it, the Divine will be awakened in you, your eyes will be opened and you will see and be aware that what I say is true, the distinction between truth and deception will be clear to you...

oracle

SoulTYPE01 said:
Is the blood of Jesus not wine? Why did they make us drink it at church then?
No, I'm using figurative language. In other words its refering to it as being intoxicated or drunk, I'm not talking about Jesus blood, I quoted from a non-canonical gospel. You're misinterpreting the context.

oracle said:
And when you decide to overcome your own ego, to be reborn in Spirit, to shake off the wine that many are drunk with, when you take off the outer garment (the flesh) and trample over it
you have taken it out of context and changed the interpretation of its meaning. I am not refering to wine as christs blood here.

The blood of Jesus IS NOT LITERALLY wine, Jesus was using allegory to keep the true meaning hidden. If Jesus blood is literally wine, then he must be manifest in every single bottle of wine. What makes the wine you drink at communion any different from any other wine? People have taken it literally and distorted the meaning with false doctrines. (edited for copyright purposes)

t3gah

jewscout said:
This is how i look at it,
In the Jewish faith The satan (not Satan, it's a job title not his name, like being The accountant) is there to test us. He tempts us so that we may try to become closer to G-d. He doesn't want us to fail he wants us to succeed because he is the stone upon which we are ground to refine ourselves spiritually. It is through his temptations that we become closer to G-d. He creates the ladder that we climb to get closer to G-d. It doesn't matter how far along you are to the top, just that the direction you keep moving is always foward, not backward.

And it is said that when The satan is relieved and taken away that the world will weep because we will never be able to get closer to G-d than we will be at that point.

1 Samuel 16:14
Now the Spirit of Yahweh departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from Yahweh troubled him.

[size=-1]1 Samuel 16:15
Saul's servants said to him, See now, an evil spirit from God troubles you.

[size=-1]1 Samuel 16:16
Let our lord now command your servants who are before you, to seek out a man who is a skillful player on the harp: and it shall happen, when the evil spirit from God is on you, that he shall play with his hand, and you shall be well.

[size=-1]1 Samuel 16:17
Saul said to his servants, Provide me now a man who can play well, and bring him to me.

[size=-1]1 Samuel 16:18
Then answered one of the young men, and said, Behold, I have seen a son of Jesse the Beth-lehemite, who is skillful in playing, and a mighty man of valor, and a man of war, and prudent in speech, and a comely person; and Yahweh is with him.

[size=-1]1 Samuel 16:19
Therefore Saul sent messengers to Jesse, and said, Send me David your son, who is with the sheep.

[size=-1]1 Samuel 16:20
Jesse took a donkey [laden] with bread, and a bottle of wine, and a kid, and sent them by David his son to Saul.

[size=-1]1 Samuel 16:21
David came to Saul, and stood before him: and he loved him greatly; and he became his armor bearer.

[size=-1]1 Samuel 16:22
Saul sent to Jesse, saying, Please let David stand before me; for he has found favor in my sight.

[size=-1]1 Samuel 16:23
It happened, when the [evil] spirit from God was on Saul, that David took the harp, and played with his hand: so Saul was refreshed, and was well, and the evil spirit departed from him.​
[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

There's no explanation just what the 'evil spirit' was. God's bad face or the one who is both devil and satan. Anyone know?
[/size]

SoulTYPE

Lucifer was created perfect in all his ways, but iniquity was found in him. It was not put there by God. Lucifer created it.
( this is found in Ezekiel 28:15 )

Satan wanted to be God. The Bible tells us in 2nd Corinthians 4:4 that Satan has become the "god of this world". And Revelation 20:10 tells us that he will be eternally punished for it.

Lucifer became Satan, and the fallen angels (may have) became Demons.

Perhaps Satan wants this image of himself to be used, because of its absurdity. Knowing that the day would come when God and the Devil would both be dismissed as "mythical"
Revelation 12:3 speaks of the red horned dragon. This is not Satan himself, but a reference to him from where these physical attributes possibly originate.

t3gah man, could you be more descriptive on your thoughts on Satan. Satan did exist.

Mt 4:3 The tempter came and said to him, 'If you are the Son of God, command these stones to become loaves of bread"..

Who came to Jesus to tempt him? Most Bible versions would say Satan..

Hope

Princesinha
SoulTYPE01 said:
But I went through Baptism/Communion/Confirmation all in my youger years. But that is not the path I chose to take, then AND now. So does God want me to return to his ways? Or merely let me wander?
It's not up to Him....it's up to you!

Back to thread topic---have you ever read the novel "The Screwtape Letters" by C.S. Lewis? Lewis does a good job portraying how the Enemy and his minions work.

SoulTYPE

WTF is t3agh I like his argument.

Hope said:
It's not up to Him....it's up to you!
It is my choice which road I take, yes. But God's preference would be direct to him. Same goes for Satan.