• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Satan female?

Cypress

Dragon Mom
Is there any variant of Satanism that regards Satan as female?
the usual Christin concept of the entity called "Satan" is of course that of a fallen angel and angels seem to be male.
But there seem to be different concepts of Satan and there is also "Lilith".

To the Satanist, Satan is a symbol. An internal projection of ones own highest potential. To the female Satanist, this projection would most likely be female, but it wouldn't have to be.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
From what I have gathered, Satan is male, and Lilith, his wife, is essentially the female version of Satan.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Wasn't Lilith also the first wife of Adam?
Yes. She refused to be submissive to Adam just because he was a man, and was kicked out of the Garden of Eden. I don't remember the source where I read this part from, but to ensure such rebellion would not happen again God took the rib from Adam so that the next woman would be submissive to man.

Erebus

Is there any variant of Satanism that regards Satan as female?
the usual Christin concept of the entity called "Satan" is of course that of a fallen angel and angels seem to be male.
But there seem to be different concepts of Satan and there is also "Lilith".

Satan's gender differs in the eyes of different Satanists. Generally he's considered male, sometimes androgynous and sometimes hermaphroditic. Typically Lilith is considered the female counterpart, but I do know of one Satanist who associates Satan with the Goddess Tiamat.

David69

Angel Of The North
To the Satanist, Satan is a symbol. An internal projection of ones own highest potential. To the female Satanist, this projection would most likely be female, but it wouldn't have to be.

I heard that Lilith was Lucifers other half. Maybe the female aspect of the self!

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
There is a legend I've heard that Lilith and Lucifer fell in love and became as One which resulted in them Becoming Baphomet, but that is a whole other post. However, that aside, the Prince of Darkness, by what ever name It is called is a purely metaphysical Being therefore it is neither male nor female, but purely a supranatural Entity, therefore, the Dark One is, to me, an It rather than a he or a she. The sexes are biological/physical traits. Although, I will add that It, the Dark One, according to my own understanding does seem to possess more masculine traits than feminine ones.

/Adramelek\
Knight of the Black Order

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
One approach I have read is that Sameal(Satan) and Lilith are part of an unholy trinity. That would go along with the "one and the same" theory.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
I will also add that, since to me the Prince of Darkness, by what ever Name of Power It is called is a purely metaphysical Being, thus, possesses no gender which is a physical attribute. To me the Dark Lord can manifest ItSelf in what ever Form it Wills, be it male, female, or asexual. However, again, in my experience, It seems to possess more masculine qualities. Every time I have called upon the Dark Lord it has manifested ItSelf to me more powerfully when I call upon It by the Name of Set, and always in the Form of a metaphysical presence.

Last edited:

David69

Angel Of The North
I will also add that, since to me the Prince of Darkness, by what ever Name of Power It is called is a purely metaphysical Being, thus, possesses no gender which is a physical attribute. To me the Dark Lord can manifest ItSelf in what ever Form it Wills, be it male, female, or asexual. However, again, in my experience, It seems to possess more masculine qualities. Every time I have called upon the Dark Lord it has manifested ItSelf to me more powerfully when I call upon It by the Name of Set, and always in the Form of a metaphysical presence.
subconscious of man! IMO satan is not lucifer!

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
subconscious of man! IMO satan is not lucifer!

:facepalm:I don't recall using the name of Satan or Lucifer in my post. However, now that you brought it up, Satan, Lucifer, Set, Prometheus, etc., with all of their seperate mythology are all reflections of one and the same Being, That which I choose to call the Prince of Darkness.:D BTW I am sceptical of the term "sub-conscious", to me the terms "un-conscious" or "non-conscious" might be more appropriate terms. When you get the time you might want to check out P.D. Ouspensky's book "The Psychology of Man's Possible Evolution."

Last edited:

David69

Angel Of The North
:facepalm:I don't recall using the name of Satan or Lucifer in my post. However, now that you brought it up, Satan, Lucifer, Set, Prometheus, etc., with all of their seperate mythology are all reflections of one and the same Being, That which I choose to call the Prince of Darkness.:D BTW I am sceptical of the term "sub-conscious", to me the terms "un-conscious" or "non-conscious" might be more appropriate terms. When you get the time you might want to check out P.D. Ouspensky's book "The Psychology of Man's Possible Evolution."

It was just my opinion. but I was going to ask you to tell more about you envoking the dark lord? Subconscious makes more sense to me as I am not clued up on other states of consciousness. I might give that book a try, sounds interesting :)
to me Lucifer is just the subconscious of man and is no entity. If I were to relate him to satan then maybe it would be his dark half! (or our dark side!)

Orias

Left Hand Path
It was just my opinion. but I was going to ask you to tell more about you envoking the dark lord? Subconscious makes more sense to me as I am not clued up on other states of consciousness. I might give that book a try, sounds interesting :)
to me Lucifer is just the subconscious of man and is no entity. If I were to relate him to satan then maybe it would be his dark half! (or our dark side!)

All manifestations of this Being are of Opposition. The true Nature.