• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Satan controls world from the top

74x12

And here I thought it was the lizard people.

Satan you say?

That's comforting! He didn't kill anyone in the Bible or order genocide.
'
Lizard people might not be far from the truth. Just think extradimensional instead of extraterrestrial.

As for being comforted by knowing satan is prince of this world ... good luck with that.

'
Lizard people might not be far from the truth. Just think extradimensional instead of extraterrestrial.

As for being comforted by knowing satan is prince of this world ... good luck with that.

imo, Satan's the good guy in the Bible. So if that make-believe creature exists, more power to him!

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member
'

It is not what I believe. It is an interpretation that destroys trust in everything. It is an interpretation that isolates man and leads him away from God in my opinion.

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member
'

We have free will to choose, but if your view of Satan is correct, we can trust nothing and could easily choose incorrectly. How can we be judged properly under those circumstances? Even if the intent is to follow the Bible, your view calls that into question. How could we know if we were being fooled?

74x12

We have free will to choose, but if your view of Satan is correct, we can trust nothing and could easily choose incorrectly. How can we be judged properly under those circumstances? Even if the intent is to follow the Bible, your view calls that into question. How could we know if we were being fooled?
You can't judge correctly. You can't be smarter than Satan. God is the only answer. God is not a fool even though we are. That's why faith is the only thing that makes sense in this world.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Satan controls major world organisations, governments, groups, religions from the top. Since people follow organisations or governments etc. leaders. Satan only needs a (relatively) few faithful followers to control the world.

Matthew 4:9-10
Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them; And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me. Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

John 14:30
Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me.

John 18:36
Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.
This is just paranoia. HaSatan just doesn't have more power than what God allows, and than we ourselves grant him. In fact, if HaSatan didn't exist at all, humans would still commit plenty of heinous sins. It is we who have the yetzer hara, the inclination to evil.

Heyo

Veteran Member
You can't judge correctly. You can't be smarter than Satan. God is the only answer. God is not a fool even though we are. That's why faith is the only thing that makes sense in this world.
I have the strong suspicion that you just want to preach and not debate. You haven't answered my questions #19 and #82. Am I on your ignore list? (I know that would be a silly question if I am, but no answer is also an answer.)

Skwim

Veteran Member
Satan is the top. The human organisation seems to be compartmentalized like any good spy agency is. Satan was basically ahead of his time. He was compartmentalized before modern intelligence agencies figured out it was the best way to keep their secrets.
So what are these compartments that make up Satan?

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.

You do realise that this is self-defeating, don't you? If we can't judge correctly, how can we possibly judge what to have faith in? How do know that the particular version of god that you've chosen to have faith in isn't also a trick of Satan?

74x12

You do realise that this is self-defeating, don't you? If we can't judge correctly, how can we possibly judge what to have faith in? How do know that the particular version of god that you've chosen to have faith in isn't also a trick of Satan?
You can't know anything (that is true, spiritual) unless God shows you. Called a "revelation". Which is something that is revealed as if from heaven. Same with "epiphany" which is to mean manifestation. That's how you can know the real truth.

You<Satan<God

God is much stronger than Satan. If Satan is smart enough to deceive you; then God is smart enough to show the truth and convince you that it is true. And so He does.
So what are these compartments that make up Satan?

Not satan himself ...

74x12

This is just paranoia. HaSatan just doesn't have more power than what God allows, and than we ourselves grant him. In fact, if HaSatan didn't exist at all, humans would still commit plenty of heinous sins. It is we who have the yetzer hara, the inclination to evil.
Unfortunately people grant satan power all the time. How come God forbids witchcraft and sorcery in the Torah?

74x12

It is often said "The greatest illusion the devil has is convincing us that he does not exist." But this is not the case. The greatest illusion is to convince us that he is in charge. That we should fear him. Or that, as some of the world leaders have done, that serving Satan can give us wealth or power.
If he is so good at illusion then we should consider that he has put the whole world under delusion and so he has. It's called bewitched or put under a spell or you could say hypnotized. And that is the state of the world.

Why should we fear him even though he is in control of the world? He's nothing and so is the whole world compared to our God. God says He counts all the nations as a drop in the bucket and as less than nothing. The only defense the world has against God is to take hold of Him and repent and ask for forgiveness. Then they'll spared because God is merciful.

I think it is more fear of Satan to pretend that he is powerless when we should know otherwise. To admit what he is in control of and oppose him regardless of that fact is not fear. The fear wants us to deny Satan is a real threat. So we can pretend everything is well and we don't have to fight. That's what fear makes Christians do. And so the kingdom of darkness grows in strength because good Christians don't fight back against it. They don't want to oppose satan because it's scary to fight him and his demons. I used to be afraid of satan and demons. so I know how it is.

I respect the threat he poses and I accept it. (1 Peter 5:8) But I am not afraid. Fear is one of his weapons and we should not give in.

Jesus said He came to destroy the works of the evil one. But we must continue the fight with the might and authority of Jesus Christ working in us. As He cast out demons everywhere He went; the church should continue.

But we should be careful when we go against the evil one; because we could easily get into trouble if we don't know what we're doing. But fear not because God is always with us and He is our shield and strength. He is very able to teach our hands to war and our fingers to fight.

74x12

Contrary to your religious delusions of spiritual slavery, people and Satan only take away from you what you let them. Contrary to Christian philosophy, the best defense against Satan is not to trust any authority outside of yourself. The best defense against Satan is to have the conviction, "absolute authority comes from within." Most Christians have to be told what to think by some outside source. Most Christians are incapable of having a strong conviction in their own inner voice of authority on spiritual matters. So Christians are extremely susceptible to becoming members of a dangerous cult. It is in Christian's nature to put all their trust in authority outside of themselves. This is why many Christians have such terrible lives full of suffering. They never take responsibility for their own problems. Christians are always seeking answers and solutions to their life problems outside of themselves. This is why Satan is so alluring to Christians.
It would be great if people could trust themselves and their inner voice etc. But the problem with that is spirits can influence people easily and they don't even realize it.

Wisdom and understanding come from God. He is near us alright but we need the holy Spirit to really understand. You either are influenced by the Spirit of God or ... perhaps evil spirits.

Ancient Soul

The Spiritual Universe
'

Don't be too hasty condemning this Satan character. I cannot find where Satan did ANY of the horrifically cruel, vindictive, hateful, sick, etc, things the bible "god" did.

Ancient Soul

The Spiritual Universe

That is a straw man reply that just avoids directly answering his question.

So go back and answer it HONESTLY.

Ancient Soul

The Spiritual Universe
You can't know anything (that is true, spiritual) unless God shows you. Called a "revelation". Which is something that is revealed as if from heaven. Same with "epiphany" which is to mean manifestation. That's how you can know the real truth.

You<Satan<God

God is much stronger than Satan. If Satan is smart enough to deceive you; then God is smart enough to show the truth and convince you that it is true. And so He does.

Not satan himself ...

Double speak!

So make up your mind. Either this mythical Satan can deceive people or not deceive people.

For you just stated that:

"God is smart enough to show the truth and convince you that it is true."

So then nobody needs to worry about this imaginary Satan, since your "god" will not let him deceive anyone.

End of this Satan myth then. No need to panic folks!

Ancient Soul

The Spiritual Universe

You<Satan<God

Not satan himself ...

Double speak!

So make up your mind. Either this mythical Satan can deceive people or not deceive people.

For you just stated that:

"God is smart enough to show the truth and convince you that it is true."

So then nobody needs to worry about this imaginary Satan, since your "god" will not let him deceive anyone.

End of this Satan myth then. No need to panic folks!