• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sardinian Witchcraft

Drolefille

PolyPanGeekGirl
Ok, so I kind of just remembered this, and I don't really think this fits here but it's my best guess. If this would do better in another forum, let me know?

Anyone familiar at all with the tradition of witchcraft in Sardinia?
We have a family legend that it witchcraft runs in the female line of my family. My mom told me once about waking up and seeing her great (great?)-grandmother's face just like hovering over her bed and being told by family that said relative had been a witch and that it skipped generations sometimes, etc.

My mom has premonitions and has mentioned hearing ghosts very casually as a matter of fact, with no real trace of superstition to it.

Google isn't terribly helpful other than it's not something that's written down often, that they supposedly speak primarily in the sardo dialect and pass down their secrets mother to daughter. My mom has never mentioned anything else, and I suspect nothing else other than the tradition was passed down, but i'm curious if there's more information out there.

Sylvan

Unrepentant goofer duster
Nothing specific to Sardinia but I highly recommend the book "Balkan Traditional Witchcraft" by Rodomir Ristic. It gives a good indication of the ways witchcraft survivals work in rural Europe, which is a bit different than the way it went in England. Dream work will likely be essential to find more useful information, and indeed it may be the only key you need.