• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

[Sarcasm] Fox Reigns in Lies, Shows Restraint Following 1/6 [/Sarcasm]

ecco

Veteran Member
He's paid 30 million/year by Fox. At least, that's his base salary. Don't know if he gets any bonuses, options, etc.

Tucker Carlson Net Worth | Celebrity Net Worth
www.celebritynetworth.com › ... › Republicans

Salary: Tucker Carlson's annual salary at Fox is $6 million. While that may seem like a lot, keep in mind that the man he replaced, Bill O'Reilly, was earning $20 ...
Salary: $6 Million
Date of Birth: May 16, 1969 (51 years old)
Net Worth: $30 Million
Height: 6 ft (1.854 m)

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Which wars has America won since 1947?
Korea?
Vietnam?
Iraq?
Iraq?
Afghanistan?
Syria?

Are you reasoning from the premise that America relies on logistics to win wars to the conclusion that America wins every war it fights? Semantics is tricky. Sentences are often ambiguous. Assuming the worst possible meaning is the intended one is not always accurate. Sue me for it, if you must.

Please Note: The title of this thread is, of course, intended to make a point. I think anyone who thinks that point is exaggerated, or that the sarcasm is misleading, might at some point in the near future be appalled at the recent polling from Pew and other sources that seems to indicate an emerging majority of Americans appear to take a dim view of violent insurrection and those who have a hand of any sort in it.​

At any rate, I haven't paid attention recently to what's going on in right wing media, because I had a hunch there might be a few more accurate and reliable sources for current events. But this morning my attention was caught by a left wing opinion and commentary channel on YouTube -- a channel I normally watch even less often than I check out a Fox video.

I tried a few search combinations in the hope of finding an unedited video of Tucker Carlson's recent show that the commentators were playing clips from, but I couldn't find one. Maybe Fox hasn't yet posted an unedited clip. Or maybe someone else can find one. It could be interesting to see.

What I did find were the three videos below from various left wing opinion and commentary channels. For those of you who don't know, Tucker Carlson is currently the Fox Network's most popular program host, and I believe he might be a fairly good indication of how seriously the Network is taking the insurrection. That's to say, it seems to be 'dismissing' the nature, meaning, and importance of it.

Comments?

By the way, here's a link to some recent Pew polling...

Biden Viewed Positively, Trump More Negatively After Capitol Riot

Why are a lot of alt-right men so obsessed with a single congresswoman from the Bronx? I don’t get it.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Why are a lot of alt-right men so obsessed with a single congresswoman from the Bronx? I don’t get it.

Progressive babes are hot!

Seriously, I know what you mean. Why her? Best guess I can imagine is they think she's got something going for her that constitutes a serious threat to them, at least in the long term. As you know, both sides try to identify and 'take out' early, the politicians they see as rising stars on the other side.

I just remembered a guy who used to live here in town before he moved to Denver. Very wealthy man. Left his foundation's headquarters here even though he himself moved. This is what they do. They study incoming first term state representatives and state senators all across America. Guys brand new to politics. When they find one they feel will be a danger to their interests in coming years, they figure out how they can put an early end to his or her political career. There are many organizations like theirs these days, and they are on both sides of the aisle.