• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Saonara Italy to impose Blasphemy fine

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
If the issue was cursing they could ban cursing without the need to bring ambiguous words like blasphemy into the law.

In Indonesia when they bought blasphemy laws in they only prosecuted 8 times in its first four decades of implementation, but surely enough, given enough time for the public to get used to the idea that it was acceptable for government to interfere in matters of faith and look at how often it happens now.

Better to nip blasphemy laws in the bud before they can take root in the minds of the people. After all if this is truly about cursing outlaw cursing only.

I think in Italy the word blasphemy has a slightly different meaning, which is probably not easy to translate.

If you for instance ridicule the idea of God, or believers for believing in Him, that does not count as blasphemy. I think blasfemia is only applicable when very vulgar language is used to qualify God, usually associated to a dog or a pig, and His Mother, usually associated to a prostitute (the vulgar word for it).

To be honest, that sort of stuff disturbs me, too. When my husband says anything of the sort at home, he gets a nice slap on the mouth from me.

Ciao

- viole

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
To be honest, that sort of stuff disturbs me, too. When my husband says anything of the sort at home, he gets a nice slap in the face from me.

Ciao

- viole
You too? I mean...here Romans shout that all the time...I die laughing when they do...:):p