• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

sandra bullock donates tsunami

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
Remember the big televised fundraiser that a bunch of celebrities did after 9/11? I wonder if they'll do the same for the Tsunami victims....

jewscout

Religious Zionist
Maize said:
Remember the big televised fundraiser that a bunch of celebrities did after 9/11? I wonder if they'll do the same for the Tsunami victims....
hmmm me thinks not....now, G-d forbid, that Tsunami had hit one of the US's coastlines you can bet they would be.

Hope

Princesinha
Sandra Bullock is one of my favorite actresses.....good for her!! She's one classy lady....:162:

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
Maize said:
They're doing that here tonight. All three major tv networks have joined together and all are broadcasting it simultaneously. I think they're doing it at the Sydney Opera House...I'll probably watch.

Regarding celebrity donations, I heard that Leonardo DiCaprio matched Sandra Bullock's donation, and Michael Shumaker (sp?) donated $12.8 million. :eek: Considering that $2 will give a family a water purifying system that lasts a month, and $1000 is a new house for someone, those sort of bucks will go a long way...

I also heard on the news this morning that John Howard has pledged $1billion...making Australia the country highest on the list of those donating. As much as I dislike Howard, I can't hate that...

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
I finally got the article to load...the telethon/concert last night raised $15,198,329.20, with donations continuing today. :jiggy: http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=28008
The article doesn't mention it, but the CEO of McDonald's Australia, Guy Russo, donated $500,000. Think he was trying to beat the donation by the CEO of Red Rooster ($250,000). ;) I don't care about the reason - go Guy!:jam: