• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sanders Endorses Biden

Cooky

Veteran Member
Bernie Sanders endorses Joe Biden after dropping out of the 2020 race

I know, I know, it'll still be Bernie's fault if Joe loses. :rolleyes:

Sarcasm aside, I see this as an obviously necessary move for any lefty who wants any hope of moving the country in a more leftward direction in terms of policy and a less overtly embarrassing person as the face of our country.

Thoughts?

My thoughts are that it doesn't matter who Bernie endorses. He's a good man, but the media got their guy.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Bernie Sanders endorses Joe Biden after dropping out of the 2020 race

I know, I know, it'll still be Bernie's fault if Joe loses. :rolleyes:

Sarcasm aside, I see this as an obviously necessary move for any lefty who wants any hope of moving the country in a more leftward direction in terms of policy and a less overtly embarrassing person as the face of our country.

Thoughts?
The "lesser of two evils tactic" is going to be very hard to pull off. IMO enthusiastic voters win elections. This endorsement greatly erodes enthusiasm.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
I actually won't be voting, unfortunately. I see Biden as an old school Capitalist. Trump is the same.

...We need a new order.

I agree, but Biden will at least move the needle to the left, even if it's not far enough. Trump's continued presence in the WH will move us further to the right, particularly in terms of the judiciary.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Not endorsing seems like it would erode enthusiasm more, no?
Maybe, though I think it would have been better to stay in until the VP is chosen hopefully pressuring the Biden campaign to choose a dynamic charismatic lefty. If that happens, the Bernie supporters will no longer be focused on Biden's positions. Their attention will be directed on future campaigns.

Cooky

Veteran Member
I agree, but Biden will at least move the needle to the left, even if it's not far enough. Trump's continued presence in the WH will move us further to the right, particularly in terms of the judiciary.

But if we reject Biden, unilaterally, the DNC and the MSM will get the message. If we do nothing different, things will continue as is, without change.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
But if we reject Biden, unilaterally, the DNC and the MSM will get the message. If we do nothing different, things will continue as is, without change.

I think the cost of sending that "message" is just too high. It has real world consequences in terms of the damage Trump will do in the next 4 years. With Biden, things won't significantly change, but they'll at least be pointed in the right direction.

Cooky

Veteran Member
I think the cost of sending that "message" is just too high. It has real world consequences in terms of the damage Trump will do in the next 4 years. With Biden, things won't significantly change, but they'll at least be pointed in the right direction.

Perhaps I lack fear of Trump, having been a previous supporter... That's maybe how I differ.

...With that lack of fear, I allow myself to become bolder.

Cooky

Veteran Member
But you're a Christian Trump supporter.

How could I possibly believe this?
Tom

Because I'm opposed to all the pollution and filth. The coronavirus is what has changed me.

...Besides, our economy is bottomed out, and I don't care about the banks or the financial system anymore. I'm ready for a restart. I'm ready for a new way that's better.