• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Same logic, different conclusions

Brian2

Veteran Member
I've always been confused over this language.

How do you know "he knows?"

Or when one says jesus loves them...I haven't read jesus saying he loves people in the bible, no?

Or he takes care of me...or watches over me. Or God told me it's okay. You're safe.

I can see you're repeating what the bible says verbatim but not everything christians say see verbatim.

I did not say I "know" He know, I said I "believe" it.

I can't remember Jesus claiming to love all people even though it says He loved John and cried when Lazarus died etc. But Jesus said that the Father sent His beloved Son to suffer and die for us and Jesus, who is exactly like His Father, came to do that for us.

What I believe comes from the Bible yes.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I did not say I "know" He know, I said I "believe" it.

I can't remember Jesus claiming to love all people even though it says He loved John and cried when Lazarus died etc. But Jesus said that the Father sent His beloved Son to suffer and die for us and Jesus, who is exactly like His Father, came to do that for us.

What I believe comes from the Bible yes.

The language, though. I'm sure there is something that confirms god loves you? Anyone can say what's written in the bible, but in this case you're (christians) are speaking as if he Does watch over you... I know there are some phrases that aren't in scripture verbatim but attributed to God.

I usually don't take what I read to define my experiences, so the language is quite odd when christians do so.

Brian2

Veteran Member
The language, though. I'm sure there is something that confirms god loves you? Anyone can say what's written in the bible, but in this case you're (christians) are speaking as if he Does watch over you... I know there are some phrases that aren't in scripture verbatim but attributed to God.

I usually don't take what I read to define my experiences, so the language is quite odd when christians do so.

Yes living by faith no doubt looks odd from the outside. It can be hard at times to see what God does for us that confirms He loves us. It is work to have faith and hang on to it at times. The more we look the more we see that God gives us however and one of the things we do as Christians is to thank God for all things. It comes down to trusting the Lord no matter what circumstances we may be facing.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Yes living by faith no doubt looks odd from the outside. It can be hard at times to see what God does for us that confirms He loves us. It is work to have faith and hang on to it at times. The more we look the more we see that God gives us however and one of the things we do as Christians is to thank God for all things. It comes down to trusting the Lord no matter what circumstances we may be facing.

Is there something that confirms god is watching over you outside the bible?

In other words, if its not written in the bible god watches over you, is he?

Brian2

Veteran Member
Is there something that confirms god is watching over you outside the bible?

In other words, if its not written in the bible god watches over you, is he?

Different people have different experiences and many of these are miraculous and/or things that encourage you to know that God is there and real and doing things for people. Others, for a cynic like me are ho hum experiences that can easily be explained away if that is what you are into.
I have some hohum experiences which encourage me to go forward also in faith.
It seems that God is not into being around and supplying all our wants, but wants to give us what is best for us to help us grow and trust Him. He gives us enough to go forward with.
But as I said it certainly helps to hear of things that can only be described as miracles.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
If a God can choose then why exist destructively when all conditions are expressed as manipulated?

I can think I can choose. My choice no suffering. No death. Mutual living interactive family.

I'm just a human.

So then I say where did this ideal come from.

The answer once it was owned in a status not creation. Was eternal spirit. The ideal of God. Before O God changing burst and burnt. Memories.

As creation is actually interactive destructive against it's highest form.

I.e. O planet forms. Is sealed. Owns it's heavens. Highest forms.

Seal breaks volcanic destruction of body occurs.

Gases in heavens burning being removed.

What I can observe to reason creation is destructive first. As a theme God.

Why I know God never chose life's harm the nature of change caused it.

So a human supposedly self intelligent said so never cause change yourself.