• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Salvation And Moral Credit

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
I believe in Salvation

But not salvation from Hell

I don't believe in Hell

Instead, I believe in Salvation from the potentially endless cycle of reincarnation (Hindus call this cycle "Samsara")

An illustration of reincarnation

I believe it is possible to exit Samsara and enter the afterlife - or the next level, (or whatever you want to call it!) and thus undergo salvation

Hindus call such an exit "Moksha"

But how might we achieve salvation?

Salvation by faith?

Salvation by good deeds?

Salvation by obedience to scripture?

Salvation by character?

Salvation through accepting Jesus as Lord?

I think salvation is by all of these - but is calculated into a score using the currency of Karma, or "moral credit" as I prefer to call it

We all have a moral credit score to nurture and improve

Faith bestows positive moral credit

Good deeds bestow positive moral credit

Obedience to scripture bestows positive moral credit

Being a good person bestows positive moral credit

As does accepting Jesus as your Lord.

So... it's all ultimately all about moral credit!

Hijacking an aircraft and flying it into a building will give you tons and tons of negative moral credit. If you do that you can forget about going to heaven. There will be no reward, only punishment. And no amount of positive moral credit can save you!

The moral credit (either positive, negative, or neutral) that you accumulate in your lifetime determines who you will be in your next life and can lead to Moksha if it's very high and your conduct as a human being impeccable.

I think this system is very fair and very reasonable!

This has also been posted on my blog. Click here to go there and have a look!

Last edited: