• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Salutations to everyone

Sammaiel

Greetings.
This forum looks quite good. A lot of inter-religious debates and discussions, and a lot of different spiritual paths - yet it looks clean and orderly thanks to the DIR system.
You can call me Sammaiel. Not my real name but very close to.
I'm one of the ( very few ) italian satanists.
I like discussing about death and mortality, occultism, moral philosophy, religion, ermeneutics, martial arts, roleplay games and pugs. Not necessarily in that order.

For me , satanism is the spiritual path of Evil. No half measures, no repentance, no coming back.
Once you make a choice, follow it to the very end in my life philosophy.

I hope we'll have some intersting discussions here. See ya.

Sammaiel

Egoism, with capital E.
Egoism is not always evil and some egoism is even necessary simply for survival. Yet when self-interest, self-centeredness and self-gratification cross the boundary between strictly necessary and not, expecially when it involves causing harm, it cross the line into the concept of Evil.

At least, that's how I define it.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Egoism, with capital E.
Egoism is not always evil and some egoism is even necessary simply for survival. Yet when self-interest, self-centeredness and self-gratification cross the boundary between strictly necessary and not, expecially when it involves causing harm, it cross the line into the concept of Evil.

At least, that's how I define it.

Humanist?

Sammaiel

More like a moral nihilist who likes discussing moral philosophy nonetheless.

I consider Good and Evil human concepts, yet not arbitrarily defined concepts. All cultures share some traits that are considered "good" at least inside the community, like empathy, cooperation, altruism. Same goes for evil traits and behiavours.

----

Thanks, Sunstone

Daemon Sophic

Welcome to the forums @Sammaiel .
Interesting take. There are a few Satanists here, but it seems to me that their’s is more often a path of freedom, without trying to cross into “evil” by intent.

What role-playing games? and which martial art(s)?
Oh yeah....and Happy Halloween!
halloween-fire-pumpkin-animated-gif.gif

Sammaiel

Thanks, Daemon Sophic.

Well, I like Dungeons & Dragons ( second and third edition ), World of Darkness, GURPS, Warhammer ( the old one, first edition ).

About martial arts, I tried my hands with many styles.
Boxe, kick boxing, wado-ryu karate, krav maga, ju-jitsu, judo. A jack of all trades, master of none.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Greetings.
This forum looks quite good. A lot of inter-religious debates and discussions, and a lot of different spiritual paths - yet it looks clean and orderly thanks to the DIR system.
You can call me Sammaiel. Not my real name but very close to.
I'm one of the ( very few ) italian satanists.
I like discussing about death and mortality, occultism, moral philosophy, religion, ermeneutics, martial arts, roleplay games and pugs. Not necessarily in that order.

For me , satanism is the spiritual path of Evil. No half measures, no repentance, no coming back.
Once you make a choice, follow it to the very end in my life philosophy.

I hope we'll have some intersting discussions here. See ya.
Welcome! Looking forward to discussing pov's about death!

I use the Bible solely as my guide. (And, FYI, I usually don't agree with most views in Christendom.)

Question: is Satan a real entity, to you?

Sammaiel

Thanks, Hockeycowboy.

---

Satan to me is a living idea rather than an entity. I don't believe in deities, angels or demons.
But yes, it exists, Evil exists and it influences the world. That's quite clear and under everyone's eyes.

Yep, mortality is something I think about quite often.
Like, every single day.