• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Salon des Amateurs

The Kilted Heathen

Crow FreyjasmaðR
"Amateur". Often taken to mean one who is unskilled, buffoonish, and incompetent in a given task, the primary definition is simply one who performs a service or hobby in an unpaid capacity. The etymology of the word is from the French ameour in the 16th Century, meaning "one who loves" and indicates that one took interest in or performed a task simply for the love of doing it. It was not until the 1800's that it became a disparaging term.

Frankly, I can think of no better term for artists. Yes, often we've got to earn some form of money and we take commissions for pay. But often the best art is done simply for the love of it.

So let's see that amateur art!

WP_20170928_14_19_54_Pro.jpg

The Kilted Heathen

Crow FreyjasmaðR
I wish I had saved some, but I used to do stick figure battles (typically Star Wars) where I would just draw and add things as the battle progressed. AT-AT walkers, AT-ST walkers, Jedi, Sith, ships and ground troops... They got crazy!