• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sailing On Dreams

Salty Booger

Royal Crown Cola (RC)
When I was a youngster in elementary school, I pulled a National Geographic Magazine from the shelf of the school library. Inside I found the story of a 16-year-old who set off on a solo adventure and went sailing around the world. It really sparked my imagination. Years later my girlfriend gave me a small brass sculpture of a sailboat. She didn't understand at the time its significance to me, but I have it to this day.

Have you lived any of your childhood dreams?

pexels-mike-996328.jpg

Photo by Mike from Pexels

Gargovic Malkav

When I was a youngster in elementary school, I pulled a National Geographic Magazine from the shelf of the school library. Inside I found the story of a 16-year-old who set off on a solo adventure and went sailing around the world. It really sparked my imagination. Years later my girlfriend gave me a small brass sculpture of a sailboat. She didn't understand at the time its significance to me, but I have it to this day.

Have you lived any of your childhood dreams?

View attachment 45624
Photo by Mike from Pexels

Yes. Now I can have as much pizza, candy and cola as I like.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Well, as a child, I tried to get my family to go on sailing holidays on the Norfolk Broads in the UK, when there were sailboats to be chartered then, but with little success. I had read Arthur Ransome's Swallows and Amazons and some of his other books so as to fire up my imagination. It was only later as an adult that I bought a sailing dinghy, began crewing on the yachts of some friends and then started chartering yachts myself with some rounded up (and mostly inexperienced) crews from work. I also bought and lived on my own yacht for a while. I probably wouldn't have imagined that all this would have happened when younger.

Also, I had visions of climbing mountains as a youth, after doing some rock-climbing with the Scouts, and that too came to pass, with several holidays spent in the European Alps with like-minded friends.