• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Safest city or/and country in the world, what you say??

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
Yes. Its not opening. And most of the other websites are just a list of countries that outlaw homosexuality. Strange.

e.g. Homosexuality: The countries where it is illegal to be gay
Ok so I looked. Accoding to Wikipedia only Iran enforces the death penalty for gay folk.LGBT rights by country or territory - Wikipedia

However as of 2020 at least 13 countries had the death pentality in their books for gays
Countries Where Being Gay Is Legally Punishable by Death – 24/7 Wall St.

Trans to my knowledge only get arrested.

I have to bake a coconut cake so I'll quote parts later

Last edited:

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
Ok so I looked. Accoding to Wikipedia only Iran enforces the death penalty for gay folk.LGBT rights by country or territory - Wikipedia

However as of 2020 at least 13 countries had the death pentality in their books for gays
Countries Where Being Gay Is Legally Punishable by Death – 24/7 Wall St.

Trans to my knowledge only get arrested.

I have to bake a coconut cake so I'll quote parts later
Ok now that I'm done doing that Ill procrastinate on dishes for a little to quote. Let me correct myself it's 11 countries not 13. I can't do math.
From the second link:
Same-sex sexual activity is a crime in 70 countries. Some of them, including six nations that are members of the United Nations, impose the death penalty. Another five make such punishment technically possible, even though it is rarely enforced. In 26 other countries, the maximum penalty is prison with terms varying anywhere from a few years to life imprisonment. On a more positive note, these are the countries where same sex marriage is officially legal.

From the 1st:
Notably, as of January 2021, 29 countries recognized same-sex marriage. By contrast, not counting non-state actors and extrajudicial killings, only one country is believed to impose the death penalty on consensual same-sex sexual acts: Iran. The death penalty is officially law but generally not practiced in Afghanistan, Brunei, Mauritania, Nigeria (in the northern third of the country), Saudi Arabia, Somalia (in the autonomous state of Jubaland) and the United Arab Emirates. Sudan rescinded its unenforced death penalty for anal sex (hetero- or homosexual) in 2020. Fifteen countries have stoning on the books as a penalty for adultery, which would include gay sex, but this is only enforced by the legal authorities in Iran.[1][2]

firedragon

Veteran Member
Ok now that I'm done doing that Ill procrastinate on dishes for a little to quote. Let me correct myself it's 11 countries not 13. I can't do math.
From the second link:
Same-sex sexual activity is a crime in 70 countries. Some of them, including six nations that are members of the United Nations, impose the death penalty. Another five make such punishment technically possible, even though it is rarely enforced. In 26 other countries, the maximum penalty is prison with terms varying anywhere from a few years to life imprisonment. On a more positive note, these are the countries where same sex marriage is officially legal.

From the 1st:
Notably, as of January 2021, 29 countries recognized same-sex marriage. By contrast, not counting non-state actors and extrajudicial killings, only one country is believed to impose the death penalty on consensual same-sex sexual acts: Iran. The death penalty is officially law but generally not practiced in Afghanistan, Brunei, Mauritania, Nigeria (in the northern third of the country), Saudi Arabia, Somalia (in the autonomous state of Jubaland) and the United Arab Emirates. Sudan rescinded its unenforced death penalty for anal sex (hetero- or homosexual) in 2020. Fifteen countries have stoning on the books as a penalty for adultery, which would include gay sex, but this is only enforced by the legal authorities in Iran.[1][2]

Amazing world isn't it? What a shame to think you can punish people for minding their own business?

You know something. IN the 1850's, the Ottoman Empire legalised homosexuality. I mean full rights.

firedragon

Veteran Member
From the second link:

From the 1st:

You know, I learned a lot from this simple thread.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Per capita, Tokyo.

Hmm. Tokyo. I think you are absolutely right. You can leave your dollars on a bar stool and no one would take it. I remember very well, in the latter 90's, there was a murder in Gunmaken. I think its a bit far from Tokyo. And this was big news. This guy stole a push bicycle to cycle away. I dont know their crime rates but I know that robberies are not even thought of.

I didnt know that their per capita was that high. Well, judging by their cost of living a high income is important. A banana was 110 yen. Thats like half a dollar. I mean at that time, Thanks for reminding. Strange country Japan is

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
From your travels or some kind of second hand knowledge, which city or/and country do you think is the safest place you can be.

When I say safe I mean not only a place with no war and bombings etc, but also a place where you will not have a problem with your wife, child, sister, mother, anyone for that matter taking a walk around the plot at any time they please. That peace of mind you feel.

Does not have to be a place where no crime ever takes place, but a place where you feel safe. A place where you know the cops won't shoot you or harass you for being you.

I apologise if this topic is not relevant to this particular forum. If admins find it not relevant please do advice. Thanks in advance to all.

I read that smaller coastal cities are usually safer.
I usually feel safe where I lived.
The exception to that was when I lived in large metropolitan areas.