• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Safest city or/and country in the world, what you say??

firedragon

Veteran Member
I only visited too, and it could have been a lie that our Command told us to keep us out of trouble. They weren't above that sort of thing.

Haha. Could be.

Honestly though, I loved the country. I like the weather there. Very asian as it should be, but not too hot. And it seemed pretty safe there which could be a result of the laws and regulations. Some years ago I was reading about some rape statistics, which was kind of a surprise for a country like Singapore. I mean its not that bad, but I believe it could be better.

The way you said command, I presumed you were in the military. Ive never been in the military so that could be just my assumption based on how it sounds like.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Haha. Could be.

Honestly though, I loved the country. I like the weather there. Very asian as it should be, but not too hot. And it seemed pretty safe there which could be a result of the laws and regulations. Some years ago I was reading about some rape statistics, which was kind of a surprise for a country like Singapore. I mean its not that bad, but I believe it could be better.

The way you said command, I presumed you were in the military. Ive never been in the military so that could be just my assumption based on how it sounds like.

Nope, you're right, military it was. Rape unfortunately is too common of an occurrence anywhere really. It needs to stop.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Nope, you're right, military it was. Rape unfortunately is too common of an occurrence anywhere really. It needs to stop.

Absolutely. In my eyes, rape is one of the damned crimes ever to occur. I guess each has his or her personal pet hatreds.

Firelight

Inactive member
Oh my God. Iceland never came to my mind. You've been there or do you live there?

Neither. I have watched a few shows about Iceland. It’s not heavily populated, has little crime, perhaps a murder every 2-3 years, not many police officers or jails or courts. The country seems easy-going and free. I’d like to go there some day.

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
How in the world do those countries stop you?

Edit: You dont have to answer that. I asked reflectively.
I mean I can't go to certain countries because being lgbt is punishable by death. Now some countries I'd have no problem in. But others I'd be dead if I go to.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Neither. I have watched a few shows about Iceland. It’s not heavily populated, has little crime, perhaps a murder every 2-3 years, not many police officers or jails or courts. The country seems easy-going and free. I’d like to go there some day.

Maybe I should watch some shows then! I remember one guy from Iceland participated in the strongest man competition.

firedragon

Veteran Member
I mean I can't go to certain countries because being lgbt is punishable by death. Now some countries I'd have no problem in. But others I'd be dead if I go to.

I understand. Its an unbelievable world isn't it? Just think of how perspectives change! To me, my concern would be the safety of women in my family. And maybe my safety where I could get robbed by someone. But I do not worry about me being killed just for being me. I mean by law or state, not some rogue cop or just a rogue down the street. I mean by law.

Until now, I never ever thought of that. Sometimes we could be self centred and we may not even know it.

VoidCat

I understand. Its an unbelievable world isn't it? Just think of how perspectives change! To me, my concern would be the safety of women in my family. And maybe my safety where I could get robbed by someone. But I do not worry about me being killed just for being me. I mean by law or state, not some rogue cop or just a rogue down the street. I mean by law.

Until now, I never ever thought of that. Sometimes we could be self centred and we may not even know it.
Well technially I'm grey ace but I am also bisexual. And pan/biromantic. I don't have sex but since Im open about having dated both women and men online even if it's not sexual I'm worried going to a country outlawing gays would get me arrested. And Im nonbinary open about it online as well. I don't identify with the gender I was assigned at birth. So I'd have issues possibly. Even if I don't say anything out loud it'd be terrible hiding.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
When you say "other countries", which countries do you refer to?

Anywhere where there are civil wars. I would have never travelled to Sri Lanka in about 1982. I wouldn't go to Afghanistan tomorrow. Anywhere where you can't go to, like North Korea would be on that list.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Well technially I'm grey ace but I am also bisexual. And pan/biromantic. I don't have sex but since Im open about having dated both women and men online even if it's not sexual I'm worried going to a country outlawing gays would get me arrested. And Im nonbinary open about it online as well. I don't identify with the gender I was assigned at birth. So I'd have issues possibly. Even if I don't say anything out loud it'd be terrible hiding.

Okay. As far as I know, there are some countries that outlaw homosexuality, but they cant arrest anyone unless they try to get married in the country illegally. Also, these countries cannot incriminate transgender. For example, if a man changes sex, then gets married to a man, they cant touch you. Also there are countries that outlaw gay marriages, but they dont touch people or incriminate them.

But I think none of that is relevant. They shouldn't have any of these laws by default. I dont know this subject very well so I am just making opinions.

I think this has to be fought for. Yep.

VoidCat

Okay. As far as I know, there are some countries that outlaw homosexuality, but they cant arrest anyone unless they try to get married in the country illegally. Also, these countries cannot incriminate transgender. For example, if a man changes sex, then gets married to a man, they cant touch you. Also there are countries that outlaw gay marriages, but they dont touch people or incriminate them.

But I think none of that is relevant. They shouldn't have any of these laws by default. I dont know this subject very well so I am just making opinions.

I think this has to be fought for. Yep.
I just tried to open the link I sent to quote it. Are you having issues opening it too?