• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sadiq Khan declares Covid emergency in London

Yerda

Veteran Member
The mayor of London, Sadiq Khan, has in effect declared an emergency in the capital as it grapples with a soaring number of coronavirus cases and hospitals struggle to cope with the influx of patients.

Khan declared a “major incident”, in his dual role as mayor and chair of the London Resilience Forum, after discussions with NHS London, local authorities, Public Health England and emergency services in the capital.

Sadiq Khan declares Covid emergency in London

Not content to allow Trump and co all the glory, the UK government has made a really brave and solid effort at the worst mismanagement of a public health threat by any country on Earth. Incredibly it turns out handing over wads (i.e. £ tens of billions) of public money to your friends and party funders isn't the same as dealing with a problem and here we are: about 1 in 100 Londoners are have covid.

Yerda

Veteran Member
Also:

If you can stand Owen Jones. I'm aware he's a pain but sadly he's right on the money here.

Altfish

Veteran Member
UK is a shambles at the moment; we are top of the world death list for COVID deaths/head of population. We are an island FFS! We should have closed the borders and had mandatory testing on entry last February.
Instead we are introducing mandatory testing when entering the country from next week, almost 12 months too late.
Today we announce over 1300 deaths; since the beginning of the pandemic Australia has had less than 1000 in TOTAL

It is awful

Last edited:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I'm sure the US will surpass the UK disaster soon.

Both Trump and Johnson have abysmal records on the management of Covid, but America has a major advantage, its big.

Us population density is 36 peeps per km2, the uk 275 per km2

And america has much greater distances between population centres.

And yet trump has still managed to screw it up...