• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sadhguru on the cause of violence and its solution

ajay0

Sai Baba gives devotees vibuthi, that heals. He also says "if you do the vibuthi mantra, you need not even take the vibuthi.

Yes, the vibhuti has high prana levels which result in healing.

Indian cricketer Sunil Gavaskar who was a world-record holder in the most number of centuries and test runs in cricket, had attributed vibhuti to the healing of a thigh muscle injury during a crucial part of his early career.

Baba's vibhuti cured Gavaskar's injury

The mantra properly chanted also results in higher prana, and I know similarly of people who had healed themselves of their diseases by mantra chanting or just Om . In fact, I have heard that in ayurveda, the medicines are created while chanting mantras so as to increase the prana in the medicine.

Mantras as a healing tool are also emphasized in buddhism too.

By chanting the mantra properly, one increases prana in oneself and thereby heal oneself. This is why Sai emphasized the mantra instead of vibhuti.

Sai has also established ayurveda and allopathy medical hospitals, which shows that different medical systems are needed for different requirements. Allopathy is superb when dealing with worse case scenarios while Ayurveda essentially focuses on disease prevention and natural healing remedies.

Masters go far beyond my understanding. But I know they can heal by their will, without any external matter. Depending on the faith someone has He seems (to me) ti choose which way to let healing happen

Faith can also greatly increase prana resulting in healing. This is also known as faith healing, and is present in many cultures around the world. But what really happens is the increase in prana that facilitates healing.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
The mantra properly chanted also results in higher prana, and I know similarly of people who had healed themselves of their diseases by mantra chanting or just Om . In fact, I have heard that in ayurveda, the medicines are created while chanting mantras so as to increase the prana in the medicine.

Mantras as a healing tool are also emphasized in buddhism too.
True

Tibetan doctors I know from India, also use mantras before giving the medicine

And I met a Tibetan doctor who meditated while holding my pulse, and got a vision about me, which was accurate, because I got the same vision. Because He was a good doctor, He could correctly interpret our vision. Beautiful experience and proof that the Supernatural is truly real and available to all

And indeed, when the Western doctors would be humble enough, they could learn so much from Eastern Doctors, and patients would be helped so much better

stvdv

Indian cricketer Sunil Gavaskar who was a world-record holder in the most number of centuries and test runs in cricket, had attributed vibhuti to the healing of a thigh muscle injury during a crucial part of his early career.

Thank you for sharing, I didn't know this story. Amazing story.

I've used it myself many times in the past. It didn't always work though, so I stopped using it maybe 10 years ago, but a few weeks ago, Sai Baba (inside) told me to use it for an ailment I have.

Not done it yet, because I like to first try diet options (I believe "let food be thy medicine"), but still didn't succeed. If in a few weeks the diet still does not cure, I'll use vibuthi

stvdv

I've some miracle example myself too

Once a friend of my sister, who worked for KLM came with me to the airport when I went to visit Sai Baba. I had quite a few packages of vibythi with me, and thought "not smart so much vibuthi, maybe they think it's drugs", so I offered some to him

He said "what to do with it?", he didn't know much about Sai Baba. And I didn't think much, and said "if you get really really sick, and you need help, you just eat some vibuthi, and you will be cured"

When I returned home from visiting Sai Baba many month later, I heard about his miracle. He ended up in hospital with hepatitus B, and doctors told him it might take upto 6 month to recover. Then he remembered the vibuthi, and took it. Next morning he walked out of hospital, doctors could not believe their eyes.

Some claim God doesn't like gay people, still God cured him anyway. So, such claims are baseless I know now for a fact

stvdv

An atheist defines God as human imagination.
I learned to always speak for myself. So, this means then "Atheist imagination", right?

e.g.:
Some define sun as God. So, is it then
Atheist imagination sun doesn't exist?

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Perhaps most atheists accept that the sun exists, but an atheist following Advaita Hinduism (non-duality) will deny existence of sun or even of the universe. It is an illusion. I think you know what I mean (.. jagan-mithya ..). The sun is only an appearance of 'what exists'.

stvdv

Perhaps most atheists accept that the sun exists, but an atheist following Advaita Hinduism (non-duality) will deny existence of sun or even of the universe. It is an illusion. I think you know what I mean (.. jagan-mithya ..). The sun is only an appearance of 'what exists'.
:D

Yes, I know what you mean
I was talking about Atheists
Not about
Atheist following Advaita Hinduism

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
But I know they can heal by their will, without any external matter. Depending on the faith someone has, He seems (to me) to choose which way to let healing happen.
Beautiful experience and proof that the Supernatural is truly real and available to all.
If in a few weeks the diet still does not cure, I'll use vibuthi
"if you get really really sick, and you need help, you just eat some vibuthi, and you will be cured"
There goes Ivermectin. No need for it. Just some ash. Superstation - Wikipedia, Placebo - Wikipedia.

My grandfather was known for treating scorpion bites in our locality. He moved a thick pencil downwards over the place of bite and recited his mantra mentally. He even gave me his mantra. Though by the time I grew up, modern medicine had taken over the stage.

stvdv

There goes Ivermectin. No need for it. Just some ash. Superstation - Wikipedia, Placebo - Wikipedia.
Ivermectin is for those who believe in Ivermectin. I don't say "don't use Big Pharma drugs". To others I would say "take Ivermectin

I said once to this person "take this powder and you will be cured", and it happened. So, by Sai Baba's Grace I did not lie, but I decided I better be careful to say such a thing. I never said it again

stvdv

My grandfather was known for treating scorpion bites in our locality. He moved a thick pencil downwards over the place of bite and recited his mantra mentally. He even gave me his mantra. Though by the time I grew up, modern medicine had taken over the stage.
Did it work, when your grandfather did it?

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
It worked. They kept coming to him for years. As I said superstition and placebo effect. It would take some time for the victim to be brought to our place. Most probably because the scorpions in my area (Jodhpur, Thar Desert, India), were not very poisonous and the pain of bite normally would subside after some time. :)

ajay0

:D

Atheist following Advaita Hinduism

I have no issue with anyone following advaita, as long as they get it right and correct, and not get a delusional idea of it like Virochana did. Virochana is a case study mentioned in the Upanishads emphasizing the need for due process and due diligence in understanding the Advaitan philosophy and methodology.

Considering and certifying oneself to be an engineer after reading a few books and mixing it with imaginary suppositions and then attempting to build a bridge can be dangerous. Lot of lives can be lost.

stvdv

I have no issue with anyone following advaita, as long as they get it right and correct, and not get a delusional idea of it like Virochana did. Virochana is a case study mentioned in the Upanishads emphasizing the need for due process and due diligence in understanding the Advaitan philosophy and methodology.

Considering and certifying oneself to be an engineer after reading a few books and mixing it with imaginary suppositions and then attempting to build a bridge can be dangerous. Lot of lives can be lost.
You replied to me, so people might probably think or interpret your words to mean that you talk about me being that person claiming to be a Jnani (follower of Advaita), so I need to correct you

I know, Sai Baba said about this:

1) Path of Jnana is very hard
2) The Wise never let go of Bhakti
3) Spiritual Ego easily raises its hood
4) Para Bhakti is even higher than Jnana

Hence I decided that Bhakti is my Path. I need God, and I'm glad that I need God, it prevents me from developing Spiritual Ego (once you get infested with Spiritual Ego, similar to believing "my way is the highway belief", it's almost impossible to be cured)

BUT

IF others claim to be a true Advaita Master THEN that's their responsibility, not mine. And they know best, I can't and need not know about them. So, I encourage them to follow that Path.

But I also share why I choose to not call myself a Jnani, it's quite simple...
Sai Baba said, if you claim "I am Jnani (strict follower of Advaita), very well, I will test you as a Jnani, and my Test will always be more than you can handle". Need I say more?

Note:
I studied engineering, and got my degree after 5 years. Then when coming to Sai Baba I said "engineering I had to study hard for 5 years to get my degree, so I need to study and stay with my Teacher at least 10 years to to get my "degree"

And I did stay for more than 10 years with my Master

Still I never declare myself an "Advaita Master", far from that. I need God daily

stvdv

It worked. They kept coming to him for years. As I said superstition and placebo effect. It would take some time for the victim to be brought to our place. Most probably because the scorpions in my area (Jodhpur, Thar Desert, India), were not very poisonous and the pain of bite normally would subside after some time. :)
I don't know in the case of your grandfather if it was only placebo effect, so I take your word for it, and I don't think your grandfather called himself a Poorna Avatar.

So, that's different from Sai Baba's cure, because I know for a fact, and have many personal proofs that my Sai Baba's cures are for real

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I don't know in the case of your grandfather if it was only placebo effect, so I take your word for it, and I don't think your grandfather called himself a Poorna Avatar.
No, he did not. He was neither a liar nor a cheat. He was a archaeologists, historian, numistatist, and Sanskrit scholar.
Bishweshwar Nath Reu - Wikipedia
The page misses out on his last and an important book - Vishweshwar Smriti.
Here is my my dear grandpa in his full regality: विश्वेश्वरस्मृति- Vishveshwar Smriti | Exotic India Art
He made me an atheist by accepting science in Vishweshwara Smriti. :)
Readings from a 20th Century Hindu Law Book (Smriti) | Interfaith forums

ajay0

The op's theme is on creating a culture of nonviolence and peace, essential for holistic progress and harmony, and request the posters to give inputs on this subject and do not derail the thread.

stvdv

The op's theme is on creating a culture of nonviolence and peace, essential for holistic progress and harmony, and request the posters to give inputs on this subject and do not derail the thread.
Good. You get us back on track

Sadly, I think it's impossible to find a short term solution. Main cause is Governments, education and Science lacking Spirituality and Wisdom

People (countries, governments) deviate from Spirituality, which teaches us about the importance of Love (Prema), Truth (Sathya), Peace (Shanthi), non violence (Ahimsa) and Righteousness (Dharma).

Goal of education nowadays is to create greediness

Main/only focus is on how to make most money. Business focus, and even sick ads to create more greediness (even destroying the pure minds of children). They behave like spiritual ZEROs, even acting demonic. Greediness is a major cause to total distruction of the world

The West has no clue about the need for "ceiling on desires", to prevent the rise of: desire, greediness, jealousy, anger, hate. These are the causes of violence

It is so simple to solve violence. But the greediness of politicians etc. makes it impossible to solve this problem.

Spirituality is a must to solve this problem

Last edited: