• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev on the significance of dreams...

ajay0

Insightful article by Sadghuru Jaggi Vasudev on the significance of dreams and their relationship to desires...

The Significance of Dreams - From Desire to Tantra
Sadhguru: Most of the dreams people go through in their day-to-day life are because there is an unbridled sense of desiring. Most human beings are not conscious of most of their desires. If they look at something, they desire that unconsciously. If they look at something else, they desire that. This is happening all the time for most human beings. Whatever they see, they desire it a little bit, but not consciously.

These desires build up in a huge way. If they have to be fulfilled in your life, you would need a hundred lifetimes – you have desired so many things! It is impossible for these to be fulfilled during the day, during the course of your life. So, dreams will find expression and you will not remember most of these dreams. Unfulfilled desires getting fulfilled in dreams is what ninety-five percent of human dreams belong to I would say.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
New Insightful article by Sadghuru Jaggi Vasudev on the significance of dreams and their relationship to desires...
Thanks for sharing. Shows the impact of desires. Fear IMO also materialises into dreams.

Interesting part also about breathing life into what you desire. Life is magical, more than most realize

stvdv

New Insightful article by Sadghuru Jaggi Vasudev on the significance of dreams and their relationship to desires...
Useful info; desires showing up in dreams.

So, if I live a celibate life and never dream about women that indicates I have no desires I suppress. So dreams can be a useful tool to check things

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Useful info; desires showing up in dreams.

So, if I live a celibate life and never dream about women that indicates I have no desires I suppress. So dreams can be a useful tool to check things
If you've truly programmed your subconscious mind on the yamas, even in a dream you can't do it.

stvdv

If you've truly programmed your subconscious mind on the yamas, even in a dream you can't do it.
That is quite a power we have: to brainwash or not to brainwash (brainwash in the positive sense).

But the reverse is also possible, unless we are fully unattached. I just read today a nice page on this in the Yoga Vasistha (my favorite inspiration)

RAMA * asked:
How did the one hundred Rudras come into being, O sage?

VASISTHA* replied:
The mendicant (bhiksu) dreamt all the one hundred Rudras. Whatever they whose minds are pure and unobscured by impurities, imagine or willintobeing, that alone they experience as being real. Whatever thoughtform thus arises in the one infinite consciousness appears to be so.

RAMA* asked again:
Why is it, O sage, that lord Siva* chose to appear as one unclad, inhabiting the cremation ground, garlanded with human skulls, smeared with ashes and as one who is easily overcome by lust?

VASISTHA* replied:
The conduct of the gods, the perfected beings and the liberated sages is not determined by rules and codes of conduct—these are invented by ignorant people. Yet, since the mind of the ignorant is heavily conditioned*, if they are not governed by such rules of conduct, there will then arise disorder in which the big fish will eat the small fish. The man of wisdom, on the other hand, does not drown himself in what is desirable and what is undesirable because he has his senses naturally in control and because he is awake and alert. He lives and works without intending to do so, without reacting to events on a causal basis, his actions being pure and spontaneous (as the cocoanut falling without any causal relation with the alighting of the crow on it); or he may not do anything at all!

Thus have even the members of the trinity (Brahma*, Visnu* and Siva*) engaged themselves in incarnation. In the case of the enlightened ones, their actions are beyond praise and reproach, beyond acceptance and rejection, for they have no notion of 'This is mine' and 'This is other'. Their actions are pure like the heat of fire.

I did not wish to elaborate on the other form of mouna, known as the silence of the disembodied, for you are still embodied. However, I shall briefly describe it now. They who are fully awakened and who are constantly engaged in samadhi * and who are thoroughly enlightened are known as samkhya yogis*. They who have reached the state of bodiless consciousness through pranayama*, etc., are known as yogayogis. Indeed, the two are essentially the same. The cause of this worldappearance and bondage is indeed the mind. Both these paths lead to the cessation of the mind. Hence, by the devoted and dedicated practice of either the cessation of the movement of prana* or the cessation of thought, liberation is attained. This is the essence of all scriptures dealing with liberation.