• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sabbath

IsaiahX

Ape That Loves
Thank you for clarifying.

Who did God give the commandment to concerning keeping the Sabbath?

For who? Well, I consider the ten commandments to be given to all people, while the law handwritten by Moses to be only for the Jews.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
For who? Well, I consider the ten commandments to be given to all people, while the law handwritten by Moses to be only for the Jews.
Perhaps you misunderstand the Torah. The ten commandments are included in the rest, i.e., they make up part of the 613. They are called the ten because they were given directly to the people, the Israelites, before they said enough, they could not take anymore of it, and asked Moshe to dictate to them what G-d said. In my belief, the Noahide Law is for everyone else.

IsaiahX

Ape That Loves
Perhaps you misunderstand the Torah. The ten commandments are included in the rest, i.e., they make up part of the 613. They are called the ten because they were given directly to the people, the Israelites, before they said enough, they could not take anymore of it, and asked Moshe to dictate to them what G-d said. In my belief, the Noahide Law is for everyone else.

What are the laws of Noahide?

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
That just seems like a slightly less comprehensive version of the ten commandments. And it's vegan.
Yes, the Laws are naturally going to be similar. No, it's not vegan; meat is permitted. What it is saying that Adam was only permitted to eat meat after he ate the fruit.

I don't want to go any further with this as this is not a debate area, but I'm sure you get the idea.

Edit: Also, the laws are more than 7, as each law has sublaws.

InvestigateTruth

Do you keep any sabbath? This includes, but is not limited to, the Jewish Sabbath of Saturday.
I believe Bahais are keeping the Sabbath with its symbolic meaning. 6 Days, is symbol of 6 Days of God, each is a 1000 years. When 6000 years is passed we are supposed to keep the covenant of God. We believe the Bab appeared 6000 years after Adam, and Bahaullah is the Manifestation of the Lord of hosts, who appeared to build a new world. By accepting and following Bahaullah, we are keeping the covenant of Sabbath.

74x12

That was only a commandment given by G-d Himself, that was only one of ten that made it onto the tablets.
Not a big deal.
Stone for stone. But a heart of flesh is what He gives and His rest will be glorious.