• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Russian's Vote in US Election

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Are you referring to US citizens of Russian ancestry? If so, then yes, they have the right to vote in US elections.

no, i'm talking about russian citizens, any russian citizen that doesn't have us citizenship. or for that matter any citizen that doesn't hold the whole as more important than a foreign influence getting a vote in a US matter.

why not give iran and pakistan a vote too; if we're going to give russian's a vote?

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
no, i'm talking about russian citizens, any russian citizen that doesn't have us citizenship. or for that matter any citizen that doesn't hold the whole as more important than a foreign influence getting a vote in a US matter.

why not give iran and pakistan a vote too; if we're going to give russian's a vote?

If they don't have US citizenship, then they can't vote in US elections.

But if we're talking about foreign influence, then we're talking about more than just exercising the right to vote.

Should foreigners be allowed freedom of speech in the US? Should foreigners be allowed access to US websites and social media during election campaign seasons? Should they be allowed to express their opinions on US politics, lest some Americans might actually be influenced by foreign opinions? How much influence does Hollywood have, and how many foreign-born individuals are currently working in the entertainment industry? How many foreign-born individuals work in the news media, which also hold great influence over the electoral process and the direction of US politics?

wellwisher

This is why the Democrats have sanctuary cities. If an illegal Russian alien was to vote in a Federal election in a Sanctuary City, they will be protected, if they vote Democrat. Violent crimes and repeat offenders are not the only crimes forgiven, if one is with the program.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Lol...may I say something?
Putin doesn't give a damn about the United States.
He has more serious issues to think of, like the economic problems in his country, his relations with the European Union, the Turkish question....

Russia is an European Nation that has more to share with us Europeans.
Americans' protagonism mania can be slightly excessive at times.

Last edited:

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

I think a lot of it is to strike at Americans' historical mistrust and suspicion of Russia in general. If America didn't have some external "enemy" to focus on and distract the people's attention, then we would invent one.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
This is why the Democrats have sanctuary cities. If an illegal Russian alien was to vote in a Federal election in a Sanctuary City, they will be protected, if they vote Democrat. Violent crimes and repeat offenders are not the only crimes forgiven, if one is with the program.

this is a form of hypocrisy. promoting conspiracy theory in the face of known intelligence

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
Lol...may I say something?
Putin doesn't give a damn about the United States.
He has more serious issues to think of, like the economic problems in his country, his relations with the European Union, the Turkish question....

Russia is an European Nation that has more to share with us Europeans.

America is a pretty big influence as a nation. Of course Putin cares about America.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Should Russian's get a vote in US elections?
If someone votes for Trump, they are.

Putin clearly has wanted Trump to win, clearly is willing to try and sabotage our electioneering process in order to do so, and Trump clearly refuses to criticize former KGB head Vladimir Putin for anything. I though the Republican Party stood against Communism, but it's become increasingly clear that this is no longer the case.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
If someone votes for Trump, they are.

Putin clearly has wanted Trump to win, clearly is willing to try and sabotage our electioneering process in order to do so, and Trump clearly refuses to criticize former KGB head Vladimir Putin for anything. I though the Republican Party stood against Communism, but it's become increasingly clear that this is no longer the case.
Before you go to bed, do you check under
it to see if Putin or Trump is hiding there?