• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Russia v Ukraine who do reckon will win?

JIMMY12345

Ukraine v Russia who do you think will win?
Purists please note 80% of Russia by geography is in Asia
Throw in comments.
Note both sides are running short of ammo.
Ukraine could threaten to mass produce counterfeit Russian bank notes (Germany did it to the UK)and flood the borders with if Russia does not stop targeting civilians including children with energy,water cuts as it hits minus 40 centigrade.Some Russian guards will turn it in.A lot will keep to spend.After all Russians are dying in hugh numbers while Putin unlike Zelensky leads from the back.
Ukraine could sue for peace and claim later in was acting under duress so what they signed was not actually legal
President Zelensky could challenge Putin to a verbal debate to be screened worldwide unedited on Ukraine and Russian TV.Then accuse Putin of cowardice when Putin backs off.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I make no prediction.
But I hope Ukraine crushes Putin's orks,
& sends them whimpering back into
that backward cesspool, Mordor Russia.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
I make no prediction.
But I hope Ukraine crushes Putin's orks,
& sends them whimpering back into
that backward cesspool, Mordor Russia.

Insulting entire countries as "backward" or "cesspools" has never helped.

Maybe those 140+ million backward Russian savages need the US to bring them a dose of American Freedom (TM) as it did to Vietnam et al.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Insulting entire countries as "backward" or "cesspools" has never helped.
You criticize "backward" but not "orks"?
Oh, you're a strange one...with no sense of humor.

However, I do keep hearing & reading how
Putin still has much support in Russia for
the invasion & war. They really believe that
Ukraine is theirs for the taking, & that death
& destruction are justified.
So there is a germ of cromulence in dissing
Russian culture & politics.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Evil never wins..
So Soros' allies will never win. :)

And how is that relevant to the Ukrainians defending their country from an unjustified invasion?

It puts into perspective just how dangerous conspiracy theories can be when someone's hatred for the imagined "Soros' allies" outweighs their opposition to a war criminal like Putin.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
You have no sense of humor.

So you don't really think of the entire country of Russia as a "backward cesspool"? That's good, especially since your previous comments about it in other threads might give a different impression.

However, I do keep hearing & reading how
Putin still has much support in Russia for
the invasion & war. They really believe that
Ukraine is theirs for the taking, & that death
& destruction are justified.

Where do you keep hearing and reading such things? Have those sources reliably surveyed the Russians living under a brutal dictatorship that suppresses their ability to safely voice their opinions?

So there is a germ of cromulence in dissing
Russian culture & politics.

I would assume this also applied to another culture and politics where a warmonger got elected twice and a sexual predator got elected once.

That wasn't in Russia, though, and I still don't believe dissing an entire culture over its faults is justified. Every culture has pros and cons.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Where do you keep hearing and reading such things?
The most recent was just minutes ago on NPR.
(It's a major liberal radio network.)
Have those sources reliably surveyed the Russians living under a brutal dictatorship that suppresses their ability to safely voice their opinions?
And you've thoroughly researched Russians
being largely opposed to the war, eh.
Of course some oppose the war.
But we each see what we see.

exchemist

Veteran Member
Throw in comments.
Ukraine could threaten to mass produce counterfeit Russian bank notes (Germany did it to the UK)and flood the borders with if Russia does not stop targeting civilians including children with energy,water cuts as it hits minus 40 centigrade.Some Russian guards will turn it in.A lot will keep to spend.After all Russians are dying in hugh numbers while Putin unlike Zelensky leads from the back.
Ukraine could sue for peace and claim later in was acting under duress so what they signed was not actually legal
President Zelensky could challenge Putin to a verbal debate to be screened worldwide unedited on Ukraine and Russian TV.Then accuse Putin of cowardice when Putin backs off.
Neither. Any peace will involve loss to both parties.

My best guess would be that Ukraine has to let Russia keep Crimea, which after all was only given, rather recently and arbitrarily, to Ukraine by Khrushchev and which has immense strategic value to Russia.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
The most recent was just minutes ago on NPR.
(It's a major liberal radio network.)

I would be interested to know how they arrived at their conclusions and what their methodology was.

And you've thoroughly researched Russians
being largely opposed to the war, eh.
Of course some oppose the war.
But we each see what we see.

I haven't thoroughly researched them, but I don't claim to know what significant numbers of them believe or demonize them for what I assume that to be.

The fact that hundreds of thousands of Russians risked everything to avoid Putin's draft shows that the war is at least unpopular enough with that many people who are, for all intents and purposes, the Russians with the biggest stake in forming an opinion about it.

Heyo

Veteran Member
Throw in comments.
Nobody ever "wins" a modern war but many people will lose everything.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Why such a hang-up on Soros? :shrug:
Because I believe in an afterlife, probably.
:)
The afterlife is like a tribunal where all lies are exposed...so if Soros and his Ukrainian allies have nothing to fear, they should love Godly Justice.
I do think countless lies have been told about the Ukrainian question. Who did what and who started that.