• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Russia v Ukraine who do reckon will win?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Because I believe in an afterlife, probably.
:)
The afterlife is like a tribunal where all lies are exposed...so if Soros and his Ukrainian allies have nothing to fear, they should love Godly Justice.
I do think countless lies have been told about the Ukrainian question. Who did what and who started that.
That's not my question was aimed at as you have repeatedly attacked Soros in numerous posts. I have no irons in his fire, but I'm curious why you keep mentioning him in such a negative way?

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
The afterlife is like a tribunal where all lies are exposed...so if Soros and his Ukrainian allies have nothing to fear, they should love Godly Justice.
I do think countless lies have been told about the Ukrainian question. Who did what and who started that.

Not everyone shares your beliefs on God or the afterlife. Some believe their gods also oppose war, annexation of others' land, and war crimes.

There is no real question as to who started this war when one side mobilized an army and invaded the other. Last I checked, Ukraine had precisely zero soldiers deployed in Russia to attack it.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I would be interested to know how they arrived at their conclusions and what their methodology was.

I haven't thoroughly researched them, but I don't claim to know what significant numbers of them believe or demonize them for what I assume that to be.

The fact that hundreds of thousands of Russians risked everything to avoid Putin's draft shows that the war is at least unpopular enough with that many people who are, for all intents and purposes, the Russians with the biggest stake in forming an opinion about it.
To challenge my sources without supplying
& verifying your own is feckless argumentation.
You favor less judgment of Russian culture.
I judge it more harshly. This is what it is.

Avoiding the draft doesn't necessarily mean
opposition to the war...could be opposition to
being maimed or killed in it.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
To challenge my sources without supplying
& verifying your own is feckless argumentation.
You favor less judgment of Russian culture.
I judge it more harshly. This is what it is.

I challenge what I see as unevidenced claims. This doesn't require that I provide assertions of my own.

Avoiding the draft doesn't necessarily mean
opposition to the war...could be opposition to
being maimed or killed.

I'm sure that's the motivation for a lot (but not all) of draft dodging. Still, the end result is having fewer people to fight in a war of aggression. I'll take it.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Evil never wins..
So Soros' allies will never win. :)
Putin and his regime has his own people murdered if they fail or defy him, violently oppresses LGBT (you know, people like you), ordered an unprovoked invasion against a sovereign democracy, and commits brutal war crimes against innocent civilians, including raping and torturing children.

...and you want to portray those fighting to defend their land, their people, and their freedom as the evil ones?

I would get banned if I told you what I thought of you.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I challenge what I see as unevidenced claims. This doesn't require that I provide assertions of my own.
Challenge away then.
I'm prepared to judge Russian culture, but you're not.
Agree to disagree.
But when you do so repeatedly, it does warrant
some evidence. That would be more interesting
because there'd be something to discuss.

BTW, I approve of draft dodging with self preservation
as the sole motive. The world would be a better place
if more thought this way.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Challenge away then.
I'm prepared to judge Russian culture, but you're not.
Agree to disagree.

I don't find it useful to judge entire cultures as "backward" or "cesspools," nor as wholly wonderful and rosy. We can talk about specific flaws or upsides all day, but that's a different thing.

BTW, I approve of draft dodging with self preservation
as the sole motive. The world would be a better place
if more thought this way.

At least in this case, the result of any and all draft dodging is a net positive.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Because cockamamie conspiracy theories are of far greater concern than the real suffering of actual people.
It's a different way of seeing how the world works,
ie, there are simple causes for everything, typically
a god, a devil, or hidden cabal like George Soros,
the Military Industrial Complex, the Jews, the
Ilumanati, the elites, the deep state, etc.
Pick one from column A & one from column B.

PureX

Veteran Member
Putin has already lost. He couldn't hold Ukraine even if he conquered it. So the question is how much damage is he going to do to both Russia and Ukraine before he accepts defeat? And sadly, I think his ego will see him do a lot of damage before it allows him to admit defeat.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Putin and his regime has his own people murdered if they fail or defy him, violently oppresses LGBT (you know, people like you), ordered an unprovoked invasion against a sovereign democracy, and commits brutal war crimes against innocent civilians, including raping and torturing children.

...and you want to portray those fighting to defend their land, their people, and their freedom as the evil ones?

I would get banned if I told you what I thought of you.
I am against all wars and invasions.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Do you actually think that those who rape and torture children - along with their allies, enablers, and apologists - actually have a shot at heaven?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I don't find it useful to judge entire cultures as "backward" or "cesspools," nor as wholly wonderful and rosy. We can talk about specific flaws or upsides all day, but that's a different thing.
I'm just a gadfly on a minor internet discussion forum.
I've no influence. So I express my views, knowing that
they're not useful to ending this invasion & war.
You object.
This is noted.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
It's a different way of seeing how the world works,
ie, there are simple causes for everything, typically
a god, a devil, or hidden cabal like George Soros,
the Military Industrial Complex, the Jews, the
Ilumanati, the elites, the deep state, etc.
Pick one from column A & one from column B.
Don't forget those rascally freemasons.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Yet you support those who unjustly initiate and perpetuate them, and accuse the Ukrainian people of being "evil" for trying to preserve their lives and freedom. You say you believe in an afterlife, so if I were you I would drop to your knees immediately and pray profusely for forgiveness.
Are Ukrainians and Russians different? They are almost the same people...fighting against each other.
Evil are those who want this war to continue, using Ukrainian soldiers as human shields.

The weaker side has always to surrender...so peace is made and no more life is wasted.