• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Russia Proposes ‘Extremist’ Label for LGBT, Feminist, Child-Free Movements

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Why would you tell me that my definition for "extreme" was wrong and then show me the definition of the word "extremist"?
Didn't fully read that did you? How it's especially of a religious and political, and advocates for extreme positions. And the list of similar words includes dogma.
You have a definition that is an outlier from common usage and not congruent with the dictionary.

Fallen Prophet

Didn't fully read that did you? How it's especially of a religious and political, and advocates for extreme positions. And the list of similar words includes dogma.
You have a definition that is an outlier from common usage and not congruent with the dictionary.
But - I never said that you were an extremist.

I said that you held an extreme viewpoint.

Again - why are you trying to make those two words mean the same thing?

Why did you ignore the bulk of my last post which provides all the appropriate definitions?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
But - I never said that you were an extremist.

I said that you held an extreme viewpoint.

Again - why are you trying to make those two words mean the same thing?

Why did you ignore the bulk of my last post which provides all the appropriate definitions?
Because you didn't provide an appropriate definition.
Screenshot_20211007-205316_Chrome.jpg
See again the politics, and even extremist. It's not like I'm saying I don't want kids because I hate them or want humanity to die.

Fallen Prophet

Because you didn't provide an appropriate definition.
View attachment 56216
See again the politics, and even extremist. It's not like I'm saying I don't want kids because I hate them or want humanity to die.
This isn't politics - and again - there is nothing wrong with advocating severe or drastic measures.

Neither or those things conflate with coercion, force or violence. That is why we use words like "radical", "fanatical" or "violent extremists".

I would say that your decision to not have child is a severe or drastic measure - far from moderate - because the "moderate" is children.

I never claimed that you hated children or wanted to kill them or anyone else - that would put you into the "radical", "fanatical" or "violent extremist" columns.

You are trying to lump all these things together for some reason.

Extreme | Definition of Extreme by Merriam-Webster

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Extreme | Definition of Extreme by Merriam-Webster
Not having kids isn't that unusual. Nothing extreme about it.
there is nothing wrong with advocating severe or drastic measures.
Yes, there is. Very typically severe and drastic measures lead to more problems than they solve.
Neither or those things conflate with coercion, force or violence. That is why we use words like "radical", "fanatical" or "violent extremists".
That suggests you didn't read the definitions I provided because radical and fanatic were both listed as similar words.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Oh ok - I think I understand what you mean by "sexual hang up" now.

The fact that I have a moral code that includes standards regarding my sexual exploits means that I have a "sexual hang up".

My "sexual hang up" is having self-control and encouraging others to have some as well.

And especially my desire for everyone to have meaningful and fulfilling sexual relationships with long-long partners - that really "hangs me up".

We can avoid a lot of misery and heartache if the world developed more "sexual hang ups" - in my opinion.
My partner and I have been in a relationship for over 20 years. We've masturbated in front of each other many times in all those years.
My partner finds it really sexy when I do it and it brings us closer together as a couple. Our relationship is meaningful and extremely fulfilling in most every way, including sexually.
Your idea that masturbation causes "a lot of misery and heartache" is bizarre to me, in light of this.

You originally claimed that masturbation was sex.
It's definitely part of sex.

You later said that people masturbate before having sex.

You can't have it both ways.
Sure you can. I do all the time. Have you never heard of foreplay? Do you just get right to the deed right away, every single time? How miserable and unfulfilling.

No - it doesn't. That's an "extreme" interpretation of the word extreme. Get it?

There is a reason we have the terms "extremist" and "violent extremist" - because they are not the same thing.

You can hold an extreme viewpoint without being a psycho.

You have now proven that you don't know what either of those words mean.

Really? You really believe that? I gotta admit - I'm surprised.

I believe you only think this because you are interpreting the word "extreme" differently than I - and dictionaries do.

Nope - I don't think so. You are trying to equate the word "extreme" with "radical", "fanatical" and "violent extremism".

Hint: If you need to put "violent" in front of a word - it means that the original word is not associated with violence.

And don't forget that you are the one who came to me - challenging my opinion - and you are unwilling to accept that I can have an opinion on the matter - so I ain't the wanker - eh mate?

I would think that that anyone who bugged you about this in real life would be really weird.

Yet - that is not the same as someone thinking that your view on having children was weird or extreme.

You claimed that no one thought so - but you can't read their minds - so you cannot know either way.

Still - if they pestered you about it - that would be weird.

No - I have lots of family who have visited parts of Europe for weeks - none came back with accents.

My partner has a cousin who married a Frenchman and moved to France years ago - she does not have a French accent.

I had a cousin who moved to Alabama decades ago - his children have Southern accents - but he does not.

True - he used Southern sayings and stuff - but no accent.

I don't believe it is normal. Are you half-admitting that you are faking the Brit-speech?

Honestly - that would be super fun. I like Italian accents and Japanese culture.

All of those problems could be solved through innovation - ergo - the need for more people.

Not only that - but taking notes from ancient cultures - rotating those fields with some livestock for a couple years - can really make a difference.

We need more people making and building more things.

A person is a sum of many parts. No one is one-dimensional.

Even if there was abuse - your life was made and maintained by these people.

You don't have to love them - but you should at least be grateful to them.

My mother took the higher road and forgave her mother a few years before she passed.

It was a relief for both of them. I would hate for you to miss your chance.

You won't grow as a person if you can only forgive and help those who forgive and help you. Only love those who love you.

That is my opinion.

People tend to hurt other because they themselves have been hurt.

Maybe you can help them heal - which would in turn heal yourself.

I'll wear it as a badge of honor.

I believe that if you masturbate - you are abusing yourself.