• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Russia Proposes ‘Extremist’ Label for LGBT, Feminist, Child-Free Movements

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
Maybe they want to advocate the majority rather than the maximize the minority.

Maybe not the best way since it dosent help the minority very much but I see why they are doing it.
Don't tell me that you've been convinced by the authoritarian display of Putinism that suppression of speech is good, actually, as long as it is the Enemy who is being suppressed? Is there so little regard among political conservatives for LGBTQ people who openly live their lives the way they see fit?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
What problems?

In my opinion.
The conflicts, protests that disrupt society in general. Most people, while largely sensitive, don't like disruptions that affects the normal day to day flow of things that have nothing at all to do with them.

Twilight Hue

Don't tell me that you've been convinced by the authoritarian display of Putinism that suppression of speech is good, actually, as long as it is the Enemy who is being suppressed? Is there so little regard among political conservatives for LGBTQ people who openly live their lives the way they see fit?
It likely wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't such an 'in your face' issue to a point people must be reminded every direction they turn.

Most people don't actually care one way or another.

There's tolerance, but only if it dosent become blatant push and shove ideology that disrupts.

That's the observation I get as to the overall scheme of things. People don't want proverbial activists billboards shoved into their lives every step they take as if they must be reminded every waking minute.

I think Putin is advocating a dont ask don't tell approach as a mitigation measure.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
It likely wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't such an 'in your face' issue to a point people must be reminded every direction they turn.

There's tolerance, but only if it dosent become blatant push and shove ideology that disrupts.

That's the observation I get as to the overall scheme of things. People don't want proverbial activists billboards shoved into their lives every step they take as if they must be reminded every waking minute.

How often do you actually get reminded about those issues in your daily life? Isn't it mostly an online/TV thing rather than what you actually experience daily?

I think Putin is advocating a dont ask don't tell approach as a mitigation measure.

It has been done in the past and it breeds discrimination. It simply doesn't work.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
The conflicts, protests that disrupt society in general. Most people, while largely sensitive, don't like disruptions that affects the normal day to day flow of things that have nothing at all to do with them.
As in, look the other way? :oops:

Twilight Hue

As in, look the other way? :oops:
I personally don't think we should. I see nothing wrong with accommodation and making room for people. The tougher aspect is overlap, where things clash in a way that creates friction.

How is that rectified to where everyone is OK with things?

Twilight Hue

How often do you actually get reminded about those issues in your daily life? Isn't it mostly an online/TV thing rather than what you actually experience daily?

It has been done in the past and it breeds discrimination. It simply doesn't work.
I think your right. Most of this stuff is coming from media, not the real offline world.

I think the bias is more created than not from those media sources.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
I personally don't think we should. I see nothing wrong with accommodation and making room for people. The tougher aspect is overlap, where things clash in a way that creates friction.

How is that rectified to where everyone is OK with things?
There will always be conflict within societies, with some dragging their heels as to progress, so probably always the case, especially when we have to deal with countries not all on the same timeline. Some (leaders) seem to just go with what might be most popular though - even as the people hardly notice they are under a dictatorship in aim if not in name.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity

Do you think speech and activism should be allowed, even when it's "in your face"?
Or would you prefer political censorship?

danieldemol

Premium Member
So you are opposed to peoples right to protest?

In my opinion.

Twilight Hue

So you are opposed to peoples right to protest?

In my opinion.
No of course not. As long as it remains peaceful and non disruptive.

People or some people however, have a funny idea on what is regarded as protest now these days.

Twilight Hue

Do you think speech and activism should be allowed, even when it's "in your face"?
Or would you prefer political censorship?
Refer to my post 112.

Activism is good but not when it interferes with the publics ability to carry on their lives.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I'm trans and live in California and this stuff isn't up in my face and reminding every direction I turn. In the real world, away from social media and cable news, most people just don't care. I do agree with this post of yours, and wonder if you may need to cut down some on noise in your life.
Most of this stuff is coming from media, not the real offline world.

I think the bias is more created than not from those media sources.

Twilight Hue

I'm trans and live in California and this stuff isn't up in my face and reminding every direction I turn. In the real world, away from social media and cable news, most people just don't care. I do agree with this post of yours, and wonder if you may need to cut down some on noise in your life.
Naw. This is where the action is. ;0]

The real offline world I hardly touch the subjects that are on media forums aside from religion.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
Refer to my post 112.

Activism is good but not when it interferes with the publics ability to carry on their lives.
So do you disagree with the government of Russia, and actually support LGBTQ activism and openly LGBTQ people worldwide?

If yes, then what was all that mumbling over people being "in your face"?
Surely, if it's okay to blast Putin's speeches across the airwaves, it's okay to blast broadcasts of the latest Pride?
Or would you argue that shirtless pictures of Vladimir Putin are less "in your face" than shirtless pictures without openly political messages?

Fallen Prophet

You have repeatedly admonished masturbation. That is a sexual hang up.
Oh ok - I think I understand what you mean by "sexual hang up" now.

The fact that I have a moral code that includes standards regarding my sexual exploits means that I have a "sexual hang up".

My "sexual hang up" is having self-control and encouraging others to have some as well.

And especially my desire for everyone to have meaningful and fulfilling sexual relationships with long-long partners - that really "hangs me up".

We can avoid a lot of misery and heartache if the world developed more "sexual hang ups" - in my opinion.
I don't think anyone mistakes for sex with a partner.
You originally claimed that masturbation was sex.
But it's still a form of sex.
You later said that people masturbate before having sex.

You can't have it both ways.
Because that's generally when that definition starts to apply.
No - it doesn't. That's an "extreme" interpretation of the word extreme. Get it?

There is a reason we have the terms "extremist" and "violent extremist" - because they are not the same thing.

You can hold an extreme viewpoint without being a psycho.
Yes, extremism is wrong because it's rooted in dogma.
You have now proven that you don't know what either of those words mean.
Really? You really believe that? I gotta admit - I'm surprised.
It is unusual to be called extreme to be called extreme for not wanting kids.
I believe you only think this because you are interpreting the word "extreme" differently than I - and dictionaries do.
No, it just means I have a better grasp of what extremists ideology actually means.
Nope - I don't think so. You are trying to equate the word "extreme" with "radical", "fanatical" and "violent extremism".

Hint: If you need to put "violent" in front of a word - it means that the original word is not associated with violence.

And don't forget that you are the one who came to me - challenging my opinion - and you are unwilling to accept that I can have an opinion on the matter - so I ain't the wanker - eh mate?
And no, I don't respect people in real life who would bug me about it. This is a discussion forum. That does make things different.
I would think that that anyone who bugged you about this in real life would be really weird.

Yet - that is not the same as someone thinking that your view on having children was weird or extreme.

You claimed that no one thought so - but you can't read their minds - so you cannot know either way.

Still - if they pestered you about it - that would be weird.
People tend to do that when they live somewhere.
No - I have lots of family who have visited parts of Europe for weeks - none came back with accents.

My partner has a cousin who married a Frenchman and moved to France years ago - she does not have a French accent.

I had a cousin who moved to Alabama decades ago - his children have Southern accents - but he does not.

True - he used Southern sayings and stuff - but no accent.
It's weird and annoying to think a normal part of being human is weird and being human.
I don't believe it is normal. Are you half-admitting that you are faking the Brit-speech?
"Appropriate their culture?"
This might be fun for me.
Honestly - that would be super fun. I like Italian accents and Japanese culture.
It's not just poverty here. It's largely farm run off that has made the water toxic, and it's supporting water-demading crops in a land that has been over farmed and parched and under severe draught.
All of those problems could be solved through innovation - ergo - the need for more people.

Not only that - but taking notes from ancient cultures - rotating those fields with some livestock for a couple years - can really make a difference.

We need more people making and building more things.
Since when are people supposed to be grateful for abuse?
A person is a sum of many parts. No one is one-dimensional.

Even if there was abuse - your life was made and maintained by these people.

You don't have to love them - but you should at least be grateful to them.

My mother took the higher road and forgave her mother a few years before she passed.

It was a relief for both of them. I would hate for you to miss your chance.
No, I mean people like my brother or best friend, those I would do just about anything for.
You won't grow as a person if you can only forgive and help those who forgive and help you. Only love those who love you.

That is my opinion.
That doesn't include those who have hurt me.
People tend to hurt other because they themselves have been hurt.

Maybe you can help them heal - which would in turn heal yourself.
More sexual hangups on your part.
I'll wear it as a badge of honor.
I don't sexually abuse myself.
I believe that if you masturbate - you are abusing yourself.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Oh ok - I think I understand what you mean by "sexual hang up" now.

The fact that I have a moral code that includes standards regarding my sexual exploits means that I have a "sexual hang up".

My "sexual hang up" is having self-control and encouraging others to have some as well.

And especially my desire for everyone to have meaningful and fulfilling sexual relationships with long-long partners - that really "hangs me up".

We can avoid a lot of misery and heartache if the world developed more "sexual hang ups" - in my opinion.

You originally claimed that masturbation was sex.

You later said that people masturbate before having sex.

You can't have it both ways.

No - it doesn't. That's an "extreme" interpretation of the word extreme. Get it?

There is a reason we have the terms "extremist" and "violent extremist" - because they are not the same thing.

You can hold an extreme viewpoint without being a psycho.

You have now proven that you don't know what either of those words mean.

Really? You really believe that? I gotta admit - I'm surprised.

I believe you only think this because you are interpreting the word "extreme" differently than I - and dictionaries do.

Nope - I don't think so. You are trying to equate the word "extreme" with "radical", "fanatical" and "violent extremism".

Hint: If you need to put "violent" in front of a word - it means that the original word is not associated with violence.

And don't forget that you are the one who came to me - challenging my opinion - and you are unwilling to accept that I can have an opinion on the matter - so I ain't the wanker - eh mate?

I would think that that anyone who bugged you about this in real life would be really weird.

Yet - that is not the same as someone thinking that your view on having children was weird or extreme.

You claimed that no one thought so - but you can't read their minds - so you cannot know either way.

Still - if they pestered you about it - that would be weird.

No - I have lots of family who have visited parts of Europe for weeks - none came back with accents.

My partner has a cousin who married a Frenchman and moved to France years ago - she does not have a French accent.

I had a cousin who moved to Alabama decades ago - his children have Southern accents - but he does not.

True - he used Southern sayings and stuff - but no accent.

I don't believe it is normal. Are you half-admitting that you are faking the Brit-speech?

Honestly - that would be super fun. I like Italian accents and Japanese culture.

All of those problems could be solved through innovation - ergo - the need for more people.

Not only that - but taking notes from ancient cultures - rotating those fields with some livestock for a couple years - can really make a difference.

We need more people making and building more things.

A person is a sum of many parts. No one is one-dimensional.

Even if there was abuse - your life was made and maintained by these people.

You don't have to love them - but you should at least be grateful to them.

My mother took the higher road and forgave her mother a few years before she passed.

It was a relief for both of them. I would hate for you to miss your chance.

You won't grow as a person if you can only forgive and help those who forgive and help you. Only love those who love you.

That is my opinion.

People tend to hurt other because they themselves have been hurt.

Maybe you can help them heal - which would in turn heal yourself.

I'll wear it as a badge of honor.

I believe that if you masturbate - you are abusing yourself.
And yet more ramblings with no evidence, no sources, just erroneous beliefs that assume your way is the only way.
And, by the way, your definition of extreme even according to the dictionary is very wrong.
Screenshot_20211007-170531_Chrome.jpg
But your entire argument is basically wrong. Like masturbation not being sex and it being abuse.

Fallen Prophet

And yet more ramblings with no evidence, no sources, just erroneous beliefs that assume your way is the only way.
All you shared were the opinions of "experts" about having an orgasm - not masturbation.

Everyone knows that orgasms are great - like eating food - but there is a difference between a doughnut and a carrot.
And, by the way, your definition of extreme even according to the dictionary is very wrong.
View attachment 56205
But your entire argument is basically wrong. Like masturbation not being sex and it being abuse.
Why would you tell me that my definition for "extreme" was wrong and then show me the definition of the word "extremist"?

They aren't the same word.

I don't know exactly what website you went to - is that an app? - but when I type "extreme" and "extremist" into Bing - I get two different definitions.

Extreme (adjective) could mean: "reaching a high or the highest degree; very great.", "furthest from the center or a given point; outermost."

Extreme (noun) could mean: "either of two abstract things that are as different from each other as possible.", "the highest or most extreme degree of something.", "a very severe or serious act."

extreme - Bing

Extremist means: "a person who holds extreme or fanatical political or religious views, especially one who resorts to or advocates extreme action."

Two synonyms listed for extremists are "fanatic" and "radical".

extremists - Bing

Take a look at this:

Terrorism vs. Extremism: Are They Linked? | The American University in Cairo (aucegypt.edu)