• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Russia Proposes ‘Extremist’ Label for LGBT, Feminist, Child-Free Movements

danieldemol

Premium Member
'Russia’s LGBT, radical feminist and child-free groups should be recognized as “extremist,” the chairman of an influential government commission said Wednesday.

“LGBT ideology, radical feminism and child-free movements should be recognized as extremism — an extremist ideology,” the state-run TASS news agency cited Andrei Tsyganov, chairman of a commission for the protection of children at the Roskomnadzor communications regulator, as saying Wednesday.

The proposed ban would help protect Russian children and adolescents from the influence of destructive content on social networks and the internet, Tsyganov said.

The call came on the same day Russia’s Justice Ministry slapped the Ivanovo Center for Gender Studies, a research and education non-profit, with the “foreign agent” label...

...Organizations supporting victims of domestic violence have also been labeled “foreign agents.”'

Source: Russia Proposes ‘Extremist’ Label for LGBT, Feminist, Child-Free Movements - The Moscow Times

It looks as though Russia's ruling United Russia party hates women, LGBT folk, polyamourous folk, and people who do not wish to have children, is there anyone i missed to add to the list?

In my opinion.

Sirona

Hindu Wannabe
It looks as though Russia's ruling United Russia party hates women, LGBT folk, polyamourous folk, and people who do not wish to have children, is there anyone i missed to add to the list?

I don't know much about Russia but I suppose they would rather state that they want to protect tradition, the church & the family. I also don't think Russia is unique with such attitudes.

danieldemol

Premium Member
I don't know much about Russia but I suppose they would rather state that they want to protect tradition, the church & the family. I also don't think Russia is unique with such attitudes.
The only way I know of to protect family is to pay them well.

As for why they want to prop up useless traditions and a useless church at the expense of women etc it beats me :shrug:

Aštra’el

Aštara, Blade of Aštoreth
I completely approve. Russia isn’t about to bow to wokeness and let its culture be turned upside down. Russia will preserve what Russia is.

How I envy their leadership.

Last edited:

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
I completely approve. Russia isn’t about to bow to the woke circus and let its culture be turned upside down. Russia will preserve what Russia is.

How I envy their leadership.
Says much about you then - as to admiring murderous thug regimes. Lukashenko, Kim Jong-un, Saudi princes, and many others too on your love list? :oops:

Altfish

Veteran Member
'Russia’s LGBT, radical feminist and child-free groups should be recognized as “extremist,” the chairman of an influential government commission said Wednesday.

“LGBT ideology, radical feminism and child-free movements should be recognized as extremism — an extremist ideology,” the state-run TASS news agency cited Andrei Tsyganov, chairman of a commission for the protection of children at the Roskomnadzor communications regulator, as saying Wednesday.

The proposed ban would help protect Russian children and adolescents from the influence of destructive content on social networks and the internet, Tsyganov said.

The call came on the same day Russia’s Justice Ministry slapped the Ivanovo Center for Gender Studies, a research and education non-profit, with the “foreign agent” label...

...Organizations supporting victims of domestic violence have also been labeled “foreign agents.”'

Source: Russia Proposes ‘Extremist’ Label for LGBT, Feminist, Child-Free Movements - The Moscow Times

In my opinion.
Russia just gets worse; and yet my government and the USA are/were being funded by these despots

Yerda

Veteran Member
Thanks for tuning into another episode of Conservatives Ruining Everything, come back next week to find out how abortion is a heinous crime against God but rape is kind of ok, and why trans people that live in our imaginations are a threat to women in toilets!

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

Regiomontanus

Ματαιοδοξία ματαιοδοξιών! Όλα είναι ματαιοδοξία.

In my opinion.

Well, I think much of that is a threat to the traditional teachings of the Russian Orthodox church and they do not have the same separations as most Western countries. I don't see that as my business anyway.

wellwisher

Traditional norms are more socially efficient and requires less big government excess. I can remember when most women/wives could stay home and be homemakers and mothers. It was nice time to be a child with all your logistics and family in one place. The husband would work and the wife would get the check and do the budget and shopping for the family.

One job; male, could support an entire family, because the family unit also did many things for itself; home care inside and out, child care, tutoring, meals, nursing care, which now requires a government bureaucracy and hundreds of billions in taxes each year. The team is more than the sum of its parts.

By the 1960's, the traditional family unit was questioned and the nuclear family was tricked into splitting up. This experiment required twice the living expenses for the separated husband and wife. This also increased costs for the traditional nuclear family, due to the adverse impact on housing and other parts of the supply and demand chain. This led to more wives needing to work and more single women without the same level of traditional family support. The welfare state started to take hold to mop up the mess the left had created. These appear connected; grow power via creating a social mess that you fix by making it worse.

Another spinoff was women now had more influence over the children, since the impact of the male/husband was made less by separation and by the left wing mantra of caveman. The boys suffered most, since they became less natural without a daily father figure, who at one time could support a family. Instead the mother, who is not naturally a male, was force to play the role of mother and father, leading to ever increasing gender confusion. It is like raising a puppy with cats. The pup will start to copy parallel, but different from its own natural behavior.

Russia appears to have done the math, and is trying in its own totalitarian way, to reverse the social damage and costs. The next step in the mess for power scam, will make it even worse.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Traditional norms are more socially efficient and requires less big government excess. I can remember when most women/wives could stay home and be homemakers and mothers. It was nice time to be a child with all your logistics and family in one place. The husband would work and the wife would get the check and do the budget and shopping for the family.

One job; male, could support an entire family, because the family unit also did many things for itself; home care inside and out, child care, tutoring, meals, nursing care, which now requires a government bureaucracy and hundreds of billions in taxes each year. The team is more than the sum of its parts.

By the 1960's, the traditional family unit was questioned and the nuclear family was tricked into splitting up. This experiment required twice the living expenses for the separated husband and wife. This also increased costs for the traditional nuclear family, due to the adverse impact on housing and other parts of the supply and demand chain. This led to more wives needing to work and more single women without the same level of traditional family support. The welfare state started to take hold to mop up the mess the left had created. These appear connected; grow power via creating a social mess that you fix by making it worse.

Another spinoff was women now had more influence over the children, since the impact of the male/husband was made less by separation and by the left wing mantra of caveman. The boys suffered most, since they became less natural without a daily father figure, who at one time could support a family. Instead the mother, who is not naturally a male, was force to play the role of mother and father, leading to ever increasing gender confusion. It is like raising a puppy with cats. The pup will start to copy parallel, but different from its own natural behavior.

Russia appears to have done the math, and is trying in its own totalitarian way, to reverse the social damage and costs. The next step in the mess for power scam, will make it even worse.

I think it's tempting to idolize past eras as being the "good old days." We look back on old TV shows like "Leave it to Beaver" and think "Yeah, that must have been a pretty nice time to live." But it couldn't have been that great if so many people started falling out of the woodwork to oppose it and rebel against it.

There's nothing really that magical about the "traditional family unit" anyway. For some, it might have been nice, almost idyllic, but then for others, not so much.

You say that "the nuclear family was tricked into splitting up," but how were they tricked? And is that really the "natural" and "traditional" arrangement anyway?

For thousands of years of human history, the typical arrangement might have been extended families all living in the same village. The suburban ideal of a "nuclear family" with unrelated, disconnected people living side-by-side on their own plot of land seems more of a recent phenomenon, relatively speaking.

A lot of what's happened is the result of industrialism, along with vast improvements in communication and transportation over the past couple hundred years. As a result, there's a lot more people than there used to be, and they're mostly packed together in high density areas. You say that it's a mess created by the left, but I think the left has merely tried to make the best out of a situation which may not have been the fault of any specific political faction.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
I can see the appeal of making other people do all the work one could just as easily do by oneself, yes.