• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rush Limbaugh Has Merged With The Infinite

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
I read that earlier today, and my first thoughts were of the episode he did on Family Guy playing himself. It was a decent episode, a surprising "across the aisle" extension of a bipartisan effort, and it did show Limbaugh could at least take it like he gave it.

That was an interesting ep.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't enjoy the idea that he went through significant suffering before passing. I just hope more and more of the people who have beliefs similar to his change their minds before said beliefs lead to the harm of anyone else.

Rest in peace.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Not on the list of those I admired. Still, I don't wish death on anyone, and certainly not the misery of that horrible disease.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
i think he did massive disservices to the world, but that said, i hope his passing wasn't too painful

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I recall back in the 90's he was this huge cigar smoking fan. Wonder how much that had to do with his lung cancer? Hanging out in smoke-filled rooms and breathing all that is not good for the lungs, experts say. I seem to recall he like to make fun of experts a lot on his shows. I wonder if he ever laughed at those who talking about smoking and cancer, like he'd laugh at all the other warnings experts said?

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I recall back in the 90's he was this huge cigar smoking fan. Wonder how much that had to do with his lung cancer? Hanging out in smoke-filled rooms and breathing all that is not good for the lungs, experts say. I seem to recall he like to make fun of experts a lot on his shows. I wonder if he ever laughed at those who talking about smoking and cancer, like he'd laugh at all the other warnings experts said?
I'm not sure if that was the cause of his lung cancer. The type was not disclosed.

Rush Limbaugh dies following lung cancer complications: What to know about the disease

Think of the late George Burns. He smoked like a chimney. Still it could be possible smoking was a factor.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
See, I don't believe that. Certainly for most people, but some people are pretty nasty. Rush helped plant the seeds for the Modern Conservative who's fruits are currently a rift within the Republican party.
Ultimately, Limbaugh was a peddler of divisiveness and discord. It made him more wealthy than what most of us will know.
Cancer is nasty, but it doesn't erase who someone was.
I heard him a couple of times and decided he was too toxic. After that I never heard from him again, not for many years. He was a 'Hypocrisy vulture' not a killer of truth. Like a vulture he was just the messenger letting us know that some truth had freshly died. He thrived from hypocrisy but was not truly the cause of it.

I thought the lobster incident was funny, though I never heard the details and thought he had eaten lobster bought at auction, but that wasn't what happened.

"Mary Tyler Moore once offered a restaurant $1000 for a 65 year-old lobster so she could return it to the wild. Rush Limbaugh then offered $2000 to eat the lobster. The restaurant denied both offers and kept the lobster as a mascot."
from --> Mary Tyler Moore once offered a restaurant $1000 for a 65 year-old lobster... - Crazy Facts

I'm not sure but I think this was what spawned the SNL lobster skit in which someone goes to a diner to order lobster. Then the thing turns into a musical in which the lobster ponders his identity -- starring Kenan Thompson.