• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rumpelstiltskin is Gone: Rejoice!

exchemist

Veteran Member
The abrupt departure of Rumpelstiltskin (Cummings) and sidekick Lee Cain may be the first dividend of the Biden presidency for the UK. Bozo, pithily described by an Obama adviser as "that shape-shifting creep", seems ready to shift shape once more, now that the mood music from across the Atlantic has changed so dramatically.

Gone, I think, will be the crockery-smashing populist Bozo has been under Rumpelstiltskin's tutelage. Now he has to worry that, if he screws over Ireland in his EU negotiations, he can kiss any trade deal with the US goodbye. I expect a new-look, consensual Bozo, that listens to what his party is telling him and starts to follow precedent and the law. But he will have to start doing some work for a change, or at least appoint some proper 6-cylinder talent to his cabinet, instead of the crowd of Brexitty deadbeats he has picked up to now (at Cummings' behest, no doubt).

It could start to signal an end to the madness with which the UK has been governed - or not - for the last year. And, amazingly, it looks as if his squeeze, Carrie Symonds, has played a starring role in this palace coup. Not just a pretty face, apparently. Last night my son and I drank a glass to the end of Rumpelstiltskin and another to her health.

The end of Trump and Cummings, and the first Covid 19 vaccine, all in the space of a week: phew! Things are looking up at last. To paraphrase the old Christmas song:

A vaccine is coming. The turds are on the ropes. Things are looking better for an old man's hopes. :D

Last edited:

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
I know, hard to believe. Brilliant. (Unless it's just staged and he carries on behind the scenes. Remember, he is satan).

And I love that song. :D

Last edited:

Altfish

Veteran Member
Rats leaving the Brexit sinking ship?

Prediction Johnson will follow soon after Brexit is 'done'

exchemist

Veteran Member
Rats leaving the Brexit sinking ship?

Prediction Johnson will follow soon after Brexit is 'done'
Well, it's true the Tory party is getting fed up with his cack-handedness, his failure to consult and seek consensus, and possibly even with his relentless, terminal facetiousness, even about deadly serious issues. What is amazing is that these defects seem to come as news to the party. It's what everyone has been warning about ever since the leadership contest, if not before.

I'm sure you're right that getting Brexit across the line will be a natural break point at which a change could be made. But I suspect the current clear-out is partly designed to pre-empt that by attempting to show that he is turning over a new leaf. So he'll probably get a stay of execution for another year or so, while the party assesses whether Allegra Stratton and whatever serious politician/fixer he gets in as "chief of staff" can make the government run more effectively.

I half expect (certainly hope for) a cabinet reshuffle in the New Year. It will cease to matter how Brexitty members of the cabinet are, once a deal is done - or not - so a chance to get in some people with half a brain and some actual experience. Surely he's got to get rid of hopeless Patel: she seems a complete liability. Maybe also Raab and George Useless. Hancock probably has to be kept on as a sacrificial anode, i.e. to take the full rap for the Covid-19 mis-steps. They also need to get rid some other Brexitty duds, e.g. Lady Dildo (full disclosure: my parents once had a contract with TalkTalk:confused:) .

It will be fun to see Gove as the Turdis Tsar, presiding over the delivery of these portaloos all over Kent and the opening of the Farage Garages, where lorries can wait for days while their papers are processed by the extra 50,000 customs agents that we have failed to recruit in time.

Bozo's cod-Churchillian phrase "prosper mightily" will ring increasingly hollow over the next 12 months.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Well, it's true the Tory party is getting fed up with his cack-handedness, his failure to consult and seek consensus, and possibly even with his relentless, terminal facetiousness, even about deadly serious issues. What is amazing is that these defects seem to come as news to the party. It's what everyone has been warning about ever since the leadership contest, if not before.

I'm sure you're right that getting Brexit across the line will be a natural break point at which a change could be made. But I suspect the current clear-out is partly designed to pre-empt that by attempting to show that he is turning over a new leaf. So he'll probably get a stay of execution for another year or so, while the party assesses whether Allegra Stratton and whatever serious politician/fixer he gets in as "chief of staff" can make the government run more effectively.

I half expect (certainly hope for) a cabinet reshuffle in the New Year. It will cease to matter how Brexitty members of the cabinet are, once a deal is done - or not - so a chance to get in some people with half a brain and some actual experience. Surely he's got to get rid of hopeless Patel: she seems a complete liability. Maybe also Raab and George Useless. Hancock probably has to be kept on as a sacrificial anode, i.e. to take the full rap for the Covid-19 mis-steps. They also need to get rid some other Brexitty duds, e.g. Lady Dildo (full disclosure: my parents once had a contract with TalkTalk:confused:) .

It will be fun to see Gove as the Turdis Tsar, presiding over the delivery of these portaloos all over Kent and the opening of the Farage Garages, where lorries can wait for days while their papers are processed by the extra 50,000 customs agents that we have failed to recruit in time.

Bozo's cod-Churchillian phrase "prosper mightily" will ring increasingly hollow over the next 12 months.

Yes, I'd like to see them all gone too! :D

As to his personality, it seems to have come as a shock to his supporters in the country as well (from the few I know) - "He's incompetent and lazy" - Who'd have thunk it? D'uh.
We should ban low-information voters :rolleyes:

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Proverbial bad penny - who seems to have survived more sackings than most - weeping for him. Job vacancies in the USA I hear. :D

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
The abrupt departure of Rumpelstiltskin (Cummings) and sidekick Lee Cain may be the first dividend of the Biden presidency for the UK. Bozo, pithily described by an Obama adviser as "that shape-shifting creep", seems ready to shift shape once more, now that the mood music from across the Atlantic has changed so dramatically.

Gone, I think, will be the crockery-smashing populist Bozo has been under Rumpelstiltskin's tutelage. Now he has to worry that, if he screws over Ireland in his EU negotiations, he can kiss any trade deal with the US goodbye. I expect a new-look, consensual Bozo, that listens to what his party is telling him and starts to follow precedent and the law. But he will have to start doing some work for a change, or at least appoint some proper 6-cylinder talent to his cabinet, instead of the crowd of Brexitty deadbeats he has picked up to now (at Cummings' behest, no doubt).

It could start to signal an end to the madness with which the UK has been governed - or not - for the last year. And, amazingly, it looks as if his squeeze, Carrie Symonds, has played a starring role in this palace coup. Not just a pretty face, apparently. Last night my son and I drank a glass to the end of Rumpelstiltskin and another to her health.

The end of Trump and Cummings, and the first Covid 19 vaccine, all in the space of a week: phew! Things are looking up at last. To paraphrase the old Christmas song:

A vaccine is coming. The turds are on the ropes. Things are looking better for an old man's hopes. :D

As an ex pat i can start to (tentatively) breath again

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Rasputin is still lurking .....

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!

So you were quite fond of Cummings and Cain, then.
:p

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I wonder, what is so big that needs hiding on page 7 that they have to hide it behind a stunt of this magnitude