• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rule #2: Discussion of Moderation

Heyo

Veteran Member
Posts in Site Feedback are never ignored, but, just speaking for myself, I tend to de-prioritize site feedback threads that start out with loaded questions, accusations, sermons, tantrums, or anything else that tells me I'd be better off devoting my time and attention to something else.

Fortunately there are staff members who have more patience than I do, so even those threads tend to get taken care of.

I also tend to put site feedback threads on the back burner if it's the same member asking the same questions that've been answered multiple times before. I figure if they didn't get it the first half a dozen times, one more time probably isn't going to make a difference.
I have a feeling that you put more emphasis on questions that are publicly (i.e. here) asked. So it's a good thing that this thread exists?

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm not allowed to comment on the behavior of moderators. Good bye.
What do you think you've been doing this whole time?

Edit: to me that just sounds like one more cop out (and not a very imaginitve one).

If it means we're done I'll take it.

Last edited:

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Thank you.

Just FYI: I have currently an unanswered question on Site Feedback though I have also to admit that I wasn't very humble or friendly when asking. I let it slide since I cool off quickly but those unresolved matters stack up and at every new event I get more and more emotional.

It was answered several weeks ago, right after you posted it: https://www.religiousforums.com/threads/spam-really.257919/

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm not sure it's meaningful to say, but I'll say it anyways(it wouldn't be the first time I said something without meaning :D)

If you make a thread in SF, and no one has responded, several of the scenarios may be at play:

-There's no staff online who knows anything about the issue you're addressing.

If Moe, Larry and Curly(because all actions are taken after three separate staff have voted to do so) voted that they felt you broke Rule 245, but then leave on vacation shortly after, the staff that are around for the next week may not feel adequately able to answer your inquiry.

Staff are voluntary. We have lives.

-You've been rude or accusatory in SF.

No one who's volunteering likes to be shouted at.

-Staff may be online, but may not be 'staffing' at that moment.

Again, we're volunteers. I(or any other staff), may want to log on to tell our friend Pete that our left big toe is being surgically removed that afternoon, but may not feel up to dealing with an agitated member in SF.

Just some things to consider.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm not sure it's meaningful to say, but I'll say it anyways(it wouldn't be the first time I said something without meaning :D)

If you make a thread in SF, and no one has responded, several of the scenarios may be at play:

If Moe, Larry and Curly(because all actions are taken after three separate staff have voted to do so) voted that they felt you broke Rule 245, but then leave on vacation shortly after, the staff that are around for the next week may not feel adequately able to answer your inquiry.

Again, we're volunteers. I(or any other staff), may want to log on to tell our friend Pete that our left big toe is being surgically removed that afternoon, but may not feel up to dealing with an agitated member in SF.

For those of you who actually bother to consider things. ;)

nPeace

Veteran Member

Thank you.
Where does one make inquiries in the event that post were ignored not addressed which did not fit those criterion?

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Thank you.
Where does one make inquiries in the event that post were ignored not addressed which did not fit those criterion?

I would encourage you to be patient, and inquire again if you were not responded to within a week.

May is a busy month for many; teachers, students, gardeners, etc. Please keep these things in mind.

nPeace

Veteran Member
I would encourage you to be patient, and inquire again if you were not responded to within a week.

May is a busy month for many; teachers, students, gardeners, etc. Please keep these things in mind.
Thank you for your courteous response.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
@Heyo I deleted your last response because you reposted in a public thread something that a staff member said in private.

How about just, "I got an answer but it wasn't the one I wanted".

I think that would be close enough.

Heyo

Veteran Member
@Heyo I deleted your last response because you reposted in a public thread something that a staff member said in private.

How about just, "I got an answer but it wasn't the one I wanted".

I think that would be close enough.
Thank you for proving my point.

nPeace

Veteran Member

I forgot to mention, I made a post last year April, which no one responded to. Should I repost it? Or is that a case where staff feels a response is unnecessary?

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I forgot to mention, I made a post last year April, which no one responded to. Should I repost it? Or is that a case where staff feels a response is unnecessary?

I can't remember posts I made yesterday... I am just flabbergasted that your memory is that good!

I have no idea what it was that you posted that long ago, so I'll leave that ball in your court.

And... when I can't remember where I stuck my spool of black thread, remind me its on the Big Bookshelf...

nPeace

Veteran Member
I can't remember posts I made yesterday... I am just flabbergasted that your memory is that good!

I have no idea what it was that you posted that long ago, so I'll leave that ball in your court.

And... when I can't remember where I stuck my spool of black thread, remind me its on the Big Bookshelf...
Ha ha. Not memory. Database.
I just have to go to Site Feedback, and there are all there. It's the one below the last.
I stopped responding to the mods after that, and previous experiences.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
You don't like to see staff responses in public because then everybody can see how ridiculous some of them can be.
What I don't like is somebody taking something said in private and posting it in public without the author's permission.

Do I really have to explain what's wrong with that?

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
I just have to go to Site Feedback, and there are all there. It's the one below the last.
Could you post a link to that thread?

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member

So... ambitious, then...

Wanna take that spool of thread and fix my dress? :D