• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rudy Giuliani suspended from practicing law:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Rudy Giuliani suspended from practicing law in New York state - CNNPolitics

Rudy Giuliani, the former personal lawyer for former President Donald Trump who once held one of the legal profession's most prestigious jobs, was suspended Thursday from practicing law in New York state by an appellate court that found he made "demonstrably false and misleading statements" about the 2020 election.

In a ruling released following disciplinary proceedings, the court concluded that "there is uncontroverted evidence" that Giuliani, the former Manhattan US attorney, "communicated demonstrably false and misleading statements to courts, lawmakers and the public at large in his capacity as lawyer for former President Donald J. Trump and the Trump campaign in connection with Trump's failed effort at reelection in 2020."

I learned about this from:

Too Long Didn't Listen: Rudy is suspended, he could be disbarred.

Jeremiah Ames

Rudy Giuliani suspended from practicing law in New York state - CNNPolitics

Rudy Giuliani, the former personal lawyer for former President Donald Trump who once held one of the legal profession's most prestigious jobs, was suspended Thursday from practicing law in New York state by an appellate court that found he made "demonstrably false and misleading statements" about the 2020 election.

In a ruling released following disciplinary proceedings, the court concluded that "there is uncontroverted evidence" that Giuliani, the former Manhattan US attorney, "communicated demonstrably false and misleading statements to courts, lawmakers and the public at large in his capacity as lawyer for former President Donald J. Trump and the Trump campaign in connection with Trump's failed effort at reelection in 2020."

I learned about this from:

Too Long Didn't Listen: Rudy is suspended, he could be disbarred.

oh yes, way too long

we need shorter videos

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Okay a bit more from the linked article:

"The court said it relied on Giuliani's statements at press conferences, state legislative hearings and on TV appearances, radio broadcasts and podcasts, as well as in one court appearance.
In certain cases, according to the court's ruling, Giuliani acknowledged that the statements he made were untrue, but claimed he didn't knowingly make a false statement. Regarding absentee ballots in Pennsylvania, for example, Giuliani "claims that he relied on some unidentified member of his 'team' who 'inadvertently' took the information from the Pennsylvania website, which had the information mistakenly listed," the court wrote, citing Giuliani's affidavit.
The court concluded, however: "There is simply no proof to support this explanation."
In other cases, the court said Giuliani failed to provide any source at all for statements he made, such as assertions concerning the number of dead people he alleged voted in Georgia in the 2020 election, which he said at various times ranged from 800 to 6,000.
The court said it found an interim suspension to be necessary because Giuliani's behavior demonstrated an "immediate threat to the public." "

In other words, Rudy admitted to some falsehoods but tried to throw someone else under the bus for giving him false information. There is no evidence of that. He made claims that any lawyer would have made sure that he had evidence of first and yet when it came to trial he could give no evidence.

And to make it worse:

"Though Giuliani told the court that he would "exercise personal discipline" and refrain from making further statements about the election in his capacity as a lawyer, according to the ruling, the court found that he had continued to make false statements since the submission of the application for suspension of his license."

Courts do not like it when one goes back on one's word that one has made to the court.

And a bit more information here. He did get in trouble for lying outside of court:

Rudy Giuliani is in big trouble (opinion) - CNN

That is rare but as the attempted insurrection at the Capitol demonstrated false claims can have very serious side effects.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Given all the jokes about lawyers being nothing but liars, this amuses me greatly. I’m not surprised, all the commentators I watched seemed to predict this would be the outcome if they pursued the case way back when this all started. I assumed the same but wasn’t entirely sure since I don’t know the ins and outs of US law. I do know you can’t lie in court though, that’s a given