• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Round Robin

Runt

The Rules:

Read the story.

Add a paragraph or two at the very end.

Watch the story progress.

Please keep this one serious (if you want a funny one, make it!)

If more than one addition occurs that tell about the same part, I will delete the latter ones... sorry.

I'll start: This is the beginning of a story that I never actually got around to continuing... have fun!

Runt

Trevor Adams followed Brianna Thomas as she shouldered past a clump of people waiting in line outside a nightclub. Peering past them, he saw that inside there was darkness punctuated by neon lights, and loud music that practically poured out the door.

Brianna was already whipping out her fake ID, but just as she was about to pass through those doors with Trevor at her tail, the bouncer lay a heavy hand on her shoulder.

"Wait a minute, don't I know you?" He peered at her though the darkness, and Trevor supressed a groan as recognition dawned on the man's face. "Yeah, you're that kid who tried to sneak in last week! Get out of here, both of you!"

This called for an immediate change of plans. Hoping the "friendly bouncer" at the back door would let them in like he'd done the week before, Brianna and Trevor made their way toward the back of the building. For a moment, Trevor was frightened at the idea of entering a dark alley, convinced that there would be someone waiting there for them, and he moved closer to Brianna, making sure he was slightly in front of her so that if anything happened he would be ready. Of course, when they rounded the corner he saw nothing except a large trash bin and a brick wall. Deserted. No danger here. He and Brianna turned to each other with embarrassed grins, and he knew that she’d been thinking the same thing.

Brianna started to say something to him as they walked through.

And then—

Snap!

Suddenly it felt to Trevor as if the air were falling apart, through he was not sure how he came up with the analogy. It was as if the very space around him disinigrated, even the ground, and there was nothing below or around him to support him. He had the terrible sensation that he was falling through nothingness, and the alley was vanishing around him.

Then the alley was back, and the ground returned just in time for him to trip over a solid form on the ground that suddenly seemed to appear in front of him.

At first he thought that Brianna had fallen, and he started to apologize in confusion when he heard an answering gasp of pain. Then he froze. That was no simple sound of pain, and it was not a girl--Brianna--lying before him! The gasp was followed by a half groan, half scream out of a guy’s mouth rather than a girl’s, and the sound was of someone in serious agony.

He whirled around. Brianna stood on the other side of the figure, and just barely managed to stop before tripping over him as well. Shock was etched into her face. He couldn’t blame her; the man had not been there a moment before! And what exactly had happened to Trevor when he’d heard that snapping sound? That had been the weirdest sensation he had ever felt in his life!

He glanced at the man—actually, he appeared to be more boy than man, with a face alight with youth and pain, his eyes squeezed tightly closed and his lips pursed in a white line. Trevor would say that the guy was perhaps a year or two younger than he and Brianna, but could not be sure. The pain in the other’s face made him seem very young indeed.

“Trevor…” Brianna said, her voice trembling. “Are those what I think they are? Those things in his back?”

Trevor had to lean over the teenager to see what she was talking about; the other guy lay on his side facing Trevor with his back to Brianna.

“Oh my God,” he whispered when he saw what Brianna had noticed.

There were two arrows protruding from the guy’s back just to the side of his right shoulder blade, both a good two or three inches away from his spine.

“Hey man, what’s your name?” Trevor asked, kneeling in front of the boy. “What happened to you?”

After a moment the guy gasped, “Koriel.” He seemed to be having trouble breathing, and Trevor was afraid one of the… arrows… had pierced his lung. But then the boy continued, and Trevor sighed slightly in relief. “They chased me, and I fought them off. I think they broke a couple of my ribs, for it hurts to breathe, but I was able to run. They, of course, gave chase, and they had arrows. I called the spell that would bring me to your world, hoping their attacks would be diverted in the winds of the veils, but it seems I was still hit…”

Your world…? Trevor thought, wondering at the words.

The guy seemed like he was about to speak. Then he suddenly froze, as if listening to something. Somewhere in the distance, Trevor heard another snapping sound. “They’re coming,” the man hissed. He pulled himself weakly into a sitting position and reached for something on his belt. An… ivory hilted dagger? And was the blade silver instead of steel? Trevor suddenly wondered if he were dreaming, as he took in the boy’s strange clothing, his embroidered blue velvet shirt, blue leather pants, and black leather boots. It seriously looked like he had wandered out of a Renaissance Faire…

Then the boy raised his eyes and met Trevor’s gaze. “Take the lass and flee. I will hold them off.”

Trevor jumped, startled out of his mind, though not at the boy’s words.

The eyes that stared at him were an eerie violet color, clear despite the darkness, and slitted like a cat’s.

And that was when he noticed the ears, the tips rising just lightly out of the boy’s black curls.

They were pointed…

An elf... he looks like an elf...

Something sped past Trevor’s ear, and hit the brick wall behind him with a thud. He glanced at shock and saw that it was… an arrow?

“Go now! They will not spare you, but I may be able to hold them off long enough for you to escape!”