• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rose Petal Tea? --NEED HELP FINDING REICIPE!

Bishka

Veteran Member
I was wondering if anybody knew the recipie(okay I can't spell) for Rose Petal Tea from Russia. It needs to be a non-caffinated tea. We had it in one of my classes and I absolutley adored it! If anybody knows the recipe, that would be wonderful!

Thanks.

Bishka

Veteran Member
Thanks Maize, I think that' s what I'm looking for, next question, where would I get rose petals?

Booko

Deviled Hen
beckysoup61 said:
I was wondering if anybody knew the recipie(okay I can't spell) for Rose Petal Tea from Russia. It needs to be a non-caffinated tea. We had it in one of my classes and I absolutley adored it! If anybody knows the recipe, that would be wonderful!

Thanks.

Here's a middle eastern version:

1.5 c. rose petals
3 c. water
honey (however much you want)

Under running water, take the rose petals off and put them in a pot. Cover with water and boil maybe 4-5 minutes, or whenver the petals change color. Strain into cups. Add honey.

Sometimes people add a dash of rosewater as well. It depends on the region the recipe is from.

Odds are, the Russians got the recipe from the middle east. I don't know how they may have changed it, though.

Bishka

Veteran Member
Where do I get rosewater or rose petals, I don't think the local walmart or albertsons carries them.

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
Flower shop? lol.

I know you can find edible flowers in speciality grocery stores, ready to use in foods (usually as decoration on cakes and such). So you may be able to find some that way. Otherwise, I would look for some roses that weren't exposed to pesticides. For dried rose petals I would try a health food store or a tea shop. For example: http://www.localharvest.org/store/item.jsp?id=4771

Booko

Deviled Hen
beckysoup61 said:
Thanks Maize, I think that' s what I'm looking for, next question, where would I get rose petals?

There's a shop near me where they sell bags of rose petals, fresh ones that fell off while they did arrangements. I use them in conjunction with other decorations when I do big buffets and whatnot.

You might be able to find them at a florist near you. It's a lot cheaper than buying the roses and stripping the petals.

otoh, you could just come to my house right now and pick some up. Y'all come! :jiggy:

Booko

Deviled Hen
beckysoup61 said:
Where do I get rosewater or rose petals, I don't think the local walmart or albertsons carries them.

Hm. I don't suppose you have a lot of middle eastern or Indian grocery stores near you? I forget, because there are so many different things near me.

A health food store would be a good place to start. I you get really desparate, send me your snail mail and I'll ship you a bottle. Sheesh, around here you can get it for really cheap. Like $3 or 4 for a big bottle. And it goes a long way.

I always keep rosewater on hand because I make baklava sometimes.

Bishka

Veteran Member
I think I'm going to try my local health food store/health store. I think. It's called like Nature's Remedy or something, I'll try that out!

jonny

beckysoup61 said:

Go to a wedding and mug the flower girl. Just grab the petals and run as fast as you can!

Bishka

Veteran Member
jonny said:
Go to a wedding and mug the flower girl. Just grab the petals and run as fast as you can!

Oh my freaking heck jonny. Thank you. I needed that, I haven't laughed so hard in awhile! :) I'd give you frubals, but I'm out for today! Oh my!:biglaugh: :biglaugh: