• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

rope snake

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Before freedom (samsara) I would want more patience with people and circumstances. Fortunately we have reincarnation, so that really helps with patience, providing you do believe in it.

Shantanu

Before freedom (samsara) I would want more patience with people and circumstances. Fortunately we have reincarnation, so that really helps with patience, providing you do believe in it.
I do not think that far ahead: I live for the present. And I have patience because life is in the process of being revealed to me. That is how it is in satya-advaita.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I do not think that far ahead: I live for the present. And I have patience because life is in the process of being revealed to me. That is how it is in satya-advaita.
Isn't the quality of patience always in the present?

shivsomashekhar

I want out of samsara...

What is your definition of Samsara?

I see so much suffering, not just on myself but on others too, suicide is not an option for me lol (no worries) but how else to make it stop, I read this article a few days ago, maybe I'm expecting something to happen, something that transforms me

So, you wish to end your suffering. Do you know someone in real life who ended his/her suffering, while still living a worldly life (family, career, etc.,)? If yes, can you describe how you know this for a fact? If there is no one, why do you believe that such a thing is even possible?

this is cool : and honestly I know all that, we've talked about this all the time, still I'm always at the beginning of the circle and my doubts start anew ...

They will not work because these claims are bogus. There is no difference between so-called self realized people (or jivan-muktas) and other people. It is the disciples who think their Gurus must somehow be different and try to find differences where there are none, creating confusion for themselves and others. These realized people are subject to suffering the same way anyone else is - hunger, illness, death, etc. No one can escape this reality.

The ancient Indians created the concept of Sanyasa to escape worldly suffering by severing relationships and shunning social responsibilities. While this frees them from some common causes of pain, the reality is that they are replacing one set of problems with another. Sanyasis who run Ashrams, temples, hospitals, etc., are pseudo-Sanyasis because they are engaged in worldly affairs as anyone else.

There are ways to escape suffering. Exit bad relationships, change jobs, seek health care, seek therapy, live within your means, be grateful for all the good things in life and avoid pessimism. Some problems cannot be solved and you will have to accept them.

Suffering is caused by real world problems and they need real world solutions. Indian Gurus and Eastern philosophies can at best, only offer temporary relief through meditation techniques, etc. Beyond that, for all their lofty claims, they are powerless. By creating in you the illusion of a pain-free life, they are only adding to your misery by setting you off on a frustrating, wild goose chase.