• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

rope snake

ajay0

Advaita means 'oneness' to me, it means there should be no two units. That is all I need to know to use the term.

Advaita deals with experiential understanding through meditation. Hence it is not a mere intellectual term to use as per one's fancies.

People can then thereby start using it as Advaita washing powder bringing 'infinite cleanliness' or Advaita sheesh kebab meaning 'infinite taste' of the tongue. All these however blurs its true meaning which is of great relevance.

I do not care what it means to you. I discovered my own philosophy as satya-advaita or oneness with truth. Bhaktivedanta means having devotion and reverence to God and it develops when one is on the satya-advaitic path which takes one from atheism to theism. I am unique in having developed this philosophy.

You can develop whatever personal philosophy you want, but it is not right to use the term advaita without a proper understanding of what it means, and then flaunt it before others as that constitutes fraud, as there is no established philosophical tradition with such a name.

Last edited:

Shantanu

Advaita deals with experiential understanding through meditation. Hence it is not a mere intellectual term to use as per one's fancies.

People can then thereby start using it as Advaita washing powder bringing 'infinite cleanliness' or Advaita sheesh kebab meaning 'infinite taste' of the tongue. All these however blurs its true meaning which is of great relevance.

You can develop whatever personal philosophy you want, but it is not right to use the term advaita without a proper understanding of what it means, and then flaunt it before others as that constitutes fraud, as there is no established philosophical tradition with such a name.
I can use any word in the English Dictionary and qualify it to the philosophy that has been experienced by me. I am perfectly justified in doing so. I do not go by other peoples rules and regualations on the control of society. Hinduism is not Advaita through meditation on Brahman because this meditation has no part to play in living ones life productively. Action is what is needed: action means dharma. That is Hinduism. This is the action that is optimal for one's survival with dignity as per God's views of righteousness as described in the epics Mahabharatta and Ramayana. Optimal dharma is determined through oneness with truth. For this meditation on truth is required. Hence, satya-advaita or oneness with truth and that means oneness with God who resides in one's mind for consultation purposes.

ajay0

I can use any word in the English Dictionary and qualify it to the philosophy that has been experienced by me. I am perfectly justified in doing so. I do not go by other peoples rules and regualations on the control of society. Hinduism is not Advaita through meditation on Brahman because this meditation has no part to play in living ones life productively. Action is what is needed: action means dharma. That is Hinduism. This is the action that is optimal for one's survival with dignity as per God's views of righteousness as described in the epics Mahabharatta and Ramayana. Optimal dharma is determined through oneness with truth. For this meditation on truth is required. Hence, satya-advaita or oneness with truth and that means oneness with God who resides in one's mind for consultation purposes.

Meditation destroys the vasanas within the unconscious mind created by egocentric actions in the past, that leads to cravinngs and aversions in the present. It is these cravings and aversions that distort present moment reality with imaginary fancies that cater to our likes and dislikes leading to erroneous action.

Hence meditation helps one to clear the mind of its mental projections, thereby seeing reality as it is and taking appropriate action leading to productivity. (This is what is meant by seeing the rope as a rope, and not as a garland or snake.)

That you claim that meditation has no role in living life productively, is clear proof that you have no idea what meditation, or advaita or vedanta is, though you like to use fanciful terms as satya-advaita vedanta to mask your ignorance and impress others.

All this smacks of delusion, born of either ignorance, senility or mental illhealth.

Last edited:

Shantanu

Meditation destroys the vasanas within the unconscious mind created by egocentric actions in the past, that leads to cravinngs and aversions in the present. It is these cravings and aversions that distort present moment reality with imaginary fancies that cater to our likes and dislikes leading to erroneous action.

Hence meditation helps one to clear the mind of its mental projections, thereby seeing reality as it is and taking appropriate action leading to productivity.

That you claim that meditation has no role in living life productively, is clear proof that you have no idea what meditation, or advaita or vedanta is, though you like to use fanciful terms as satya-advaita vedanta to mask your ignorance and impress others.

All this smacks of delusion, born of either ignorance, senility or mental illhealth.
When one is on total surrender to God, the actions that one takes comes directly from God through thoughts. What is more He arranges things that lead to your survival with dignity.

ajay0

When one is on total surrender to God, the actions that one takes comes directly from God through thoughts. What is more He arranges things that lead to your survival with dignity.

You claim total surrender to God. So did Asaram Bapu and Ram Rahim Singh and other fraudsters, and they are all in prison now.

ajay0

I am a free man.

Asaram Bapu, Ram Rahim Singh, and other fraudsters were also free men once upon a time.

Some get caught, some does not.

Vijay Mallya and Nirav Modi, businessment accused of financial fraud, are not in prison yet, though they are the subject of extradition efforts to bring them to India from abroad.

Satya-advaita vedanta is just a minor philosophical fraud due to delusion, and is not much of an issue. You can keep flaunting it if you want to, now that the matter has been subjected to scrutiny here.

Shantanu

Asaram Bapu, Ram Rahim Singh, and other fraudsters were also free men once upon a time.

Some get caught, some does not.

Vijay Mallya and Nirav Modi, businessment accused of financial fraud, are not in prison yet, though they are the subject of extradition efforts to bring them to India from abroad.
The UK State has been toying with the idea of having me arrested for some considerable time: I am ready for this legal process, as I have narrated here: The holiday in Greece.

shivsomashekhar

It's soo frustrating that the rope is right in front of me JUST right now but I still cannot perceive it

Sorry I had to vent a bit :D:D

If you cannot perceive or infer the rope, then there is no rope.

You are incorrectly assuming that there must be a rope because you read it in a book and you believe that the book must be true.

Therefore, the problem is with your sources that you have accepted as genuine and correct. This is the only problem you need to fix.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Nice, Shiva. Very much like the problem "There is the world, so someone, an intelligent being, must have created it". :)

DanielR

If you cannot perceive or infer the rope, then there is no rope.

You are incorrectly assuming that there must be a rope because you read it in a book and you believe that the book must be true.

Therefore, the problem is with your sources that you have accepted as genuine and correct. This is the only problem you need to fix.

what sources should I accept? I don't know if we talked about this before, you can also PM me if you don't want to make it public :)

shivsomashekhar

what sources should I accept? I don't know if we talked about this before, you can also PM me if you don't want to make it public :)

Why should you accept any source?

You have, over the years, accepted a number of them as true and yet, here you are. Clearly, they did not work.

Let's return to the fundamental question. What do you want?

Shantanu

Why should you accept any source?

You have, over the years, accepted a number of them as true and yet, here you are. Clearly, they did not work.

Let's return to the fundamental question. What do you want?
To know the truth; for that you have to try out all the theories and propositions and home in on the one that satisfies.

DanielR

Freedom from what?

my response was kind of corny and clisheeish lol, I want out of samsara, I see so much suffering, not just on myself but on others too, suicide is not an option for me lol (no worries) but how else to make it stop, I read this article a few days ago, maybe I'm expecting something to happen, something that transforms me

this is cool : and honestly I know all that, we've talked about this all the time, still I'm always at the beginning of the circle and my doubts start anew ...
Seeking ‘nondual experiences’

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
We won't be able to change the world. So, the best option is to help others to the best of our ability and fulfill our own duties towards family, society and the nation. Aup.'s view.

Last edited: