• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Romans 8, 1 Timothy 2 and the anointed

sooda

Veteran Member
Judaic Israelite, and not all of the New Testament may follow that religious grouping, the traditional religious grouping, associated with that [ that isn't modern judaism, by the way.
I parallel my God belief with the Old Testament, and the religious things in the New Testament, are a syncretization. In other words, I don't change Deific or God names, because of the New Testament, or concepts.
By 'non Christian', I mean non traditional, and I'm not aware of that sort of non traditional tribal listing, elsewhere.

I read, or skimmed rather, two arguments concerning this, and neither seemed to peesent what might be the most logical reading, that a tribe was simply combined, and it is actually supposed to infer all the tribes, with, Levi.
Now, Samson, I believe is quite easily associated with Jesus, and isn't bad, didn't realize Christians held that view, until just recently. So that is another 'strange', thing.
Speaking of which, Jesus as a Nazarene, or Nazarite, might be very directly linked to Samson, [the Nazarite oath.

Anyways, good stuff, you have a lot of information,

Cheers

Jesus was called a Nazarene, not a Nazarite.

The two are different. A Nazarene is one who comes from the town of Nazareth--the obvious meaning of the text.

A Nazarite is one who has taken the Nazarite vow.

Samson came from the tribe of Dan on the coast.

350px-12_Tribes_of_Israel_Map.svg.png

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Jesus was called a Nazarene, not a Nazarite.

The two are different. A Nazarene is one who comes from the town of Nazareth--the obvious meaning of the text.

A Nazarite is one who has taken the Nazarite vow.

Samson came from the tribe of Dan on the coast.

350px-12_Tribes_of_Israel_Map.svg.png
Your argument being that Jesus didn't take the Nazarite oath? Or isn't connected to Samson?