• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Roles

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Is a person a thing based upon its title, or it's action? Is a tree known by it's title, appearance, or it's fruit?

Is a doctor still a doctor after retiring?

Is a parent still a parent after a child reaches adulthood?

Electra

In each moment, the critical mind will judge the situation and may put people or things into roles, this is depended of the persons ideology.
Therefore, an observer of myself at the gym, training, may label myself as a 'fitness person concerned with outward appearance' while in my mind I am training for a release of stagnant energy, to feel strong, in control.
Is one more correct then the other?
That can then follow to ponder, are we who we think we are or who others think we are? or are we neither?

From others view, this will depend if the person has ever considered said person a doctor, if this person was a patient of this doctor for ten years, later upon seen this doctor five years later, they will still consider him a doctor even if retired as that is what their memories of the relationship are.
Maybe a friend will want some free advice about a sickness, they will think of ringing the person who they consider more a 'dr'.
If someone asks 'what do you do'?, this retired dr may not say dr, but in a situation where someone is choking and someone screams, 'is there a dr' nobody answers, this retired dr may say 'I am a dr, let me help.'

In todays nucularized (word?lol) society most views are yes. My opinion, that there is often different people that aren't 'blood' related that should fit into the roles rather then trying to stick to the previous roles 'cause you are 'blood' related and they are 'yours' but this is a different discussion really...

Therefore, I believe we should look at the word/ourselves with as little judgement as possible. When you take moments to stop all judgements/assessing of the world you begin to feel the world. Have been thinking if it is possible to always be in this state .... worth trying, guess you need to feel 'totally safe' as most judgement is just a defence mechanism.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
In each moment, the critical mind will judge the situation and may put people or things into roles, this is depended of the persons ideology.
Therefore, an observer of myself at the gym, training, may label myself as a 'fitness person concerned with outward appearance' while in my mind I am training for a release of stagnant energy, to feel strong, in control.
Is one more correct then the other?
That can then follow to ponder, are we who we think we are or who others think we are? or are we neither?

From others view, this will depend if the person has ever considered said person a doctor, if this person was a patient of this doctor for ten years, later upon seen this doctor five years later, they will still consider him a doctor even if retired as that is what their memories of the relationship are.
Maybe a friend will want some free advice about a sickness, they will think of ringing the person who they consider more a 'dr'.
If someone asks 'what do you do'?, this retired dr may not say dr, but in a situation where someone is choking and someone screams, 'is there a dr' nobody answers, this retired dr may say 'I am a dr, let me help.'

In todays nucularized (word?lol) society most views are yes. My opinion, that there is often different people that aren't 'blood' related that should fit into the roles rather then trying to stick to the previous roles 'cause you are 'blood' related and they are 'yours' but this is a different discussion really...

Therefore, I believe we should look at the word/ourselves with as little judgement as possible. When you take moments to stop all judgements/assessing of the world you begin to feel the world. Have been thinking if it is possible to always be in this state .... worth trying, guess you need to feel 'totally safe' as most judgement is just a defence mechanism.

it's good to feel the world, to experience it. it isn't good to use what one has done as good to abuse another, or treating someone who isn't ill, or parenting someone who isn't being immature.

Last edited:

Electra

it's good to feel the world, to experience it. it isn't good to use what one has done as good to abuse another, or treating someone who isn't ill, or parenting someone who isn't being immature.
I will continue to shake the tall wooden doors. Nothing is ever as simple or clear cut as it can seam in words.